Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12162 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by collynzo(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2006
What do you think about a pastor rulling this nation? will it actually make any difference? will the experience within the four walls of the church and the knowledge of the bible help?Even if he has not been corrupt, what do you think will happen if he gets into power? will he beat them or join them? do you agree that God can or will ever promise any one the presidency of this nation? please air your views without sentiments.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by DaHitler(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2006
I fail to see how exactly being a Pastor is either  a plus or a minus when being President. I am a very uncorrupted individual and I don't practice any religion, so to some how imply that believe in God is an important attribute in being untainted is very misleading.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 10:22pm On May 29, 2006
I fail to see how exactly being a Pastor is either a plus or a minus when being President. I am a very uncorrupted individual and I don't practice any religion, so to some how imply that believe in God is an important attribute in being untainted is very misleading.
Being a Pastor does not qualify anyone to be the President any more than being a Soldier will qualify another. But being a Soldier and/or a Pastor exposes you to human administration and resource management and governing is all about this two.

You may not believe in God, but what makes you uncorrupt is your belief system that it makes you a better person and makes for a better society. For a Pastor or any Believer for that matter, we flee away from corruption not only because of the afore mentioned reasons but also because of a conscience towards God. So if we both agree that corruption is bad for Leadership, then a Man of God might be a good bet also if his/her credentials proves worthy of that office.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by stanech: 11:15am On May 30, 2006
If a pastor can rule dis country probably not chris Okotie cos he is a good critic

Look as the guy take blush Oyakilomen the other day fellow man of God like am for that matter

If he fit do like that na im be say he fit close other churches only he own go dey boom .

tongue tongue cool
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2006
stanech:

If a pastor can rule this country probably not chris Okotie because he is a good critic

Look as the guy take blush Oyakilomen the other day fellow man of God like am for that matter

If he fit do like that na im be say he fit close other churches only he own go dey boom .

tongue tongue cool
Big lie.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 5:13pm On May 30, 2006
What did GOD call Okotie to do, Pastor or President? Didnt the Bible say: " A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways"? In view of this, voting in this kind of man to be president will be disastrous.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2006
I know your type.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2006
slimnike:

I know your type.

This doesnt make any sense. What does that have to do with anything?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 6:03pm On May 30, 2006
There's nothing double-minded about this whole issue. As a President, will he be there for Life? This could only be a phase in the evolution of his life. That call is made by God and not man.

The issue of Oyhaks gives me more confidence as to what he can do if President. He stood on principles and didn't let fear or what people might say influence his actions. Do you think it was an easy thing for him to stand up and say all he said. He has guts, and he is a compassionate leader as well. this much I know.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2006
TayoD:

There's nothing double-minded about this whole issue. As a President, will he be there for Life? This could only be a phase in the evolution of his life. That call is made by God and not man.

What a lovely "cup" of utter nonsense. No offense intended personally to you. He may be as noble as you think he his. However such a decision is not made by God as you so conveniently put it. I am sick and tired of everyone saying it's God that told me to do this or that. Why did God give us brains in the first place? For fun?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2006
Mariory,

What is the leading of the Spirit all about? If all we have is a\our brain, then what is the role of the holy Spirit? The Bible says "Whether we turn to the right or to the left, we will hear a voice behind us saying: 'this is the way, walk ye in it'". Our brain tells us where to go, but God can tell us to go otherewise if He sees danger ahead.

I live by this principle with respect to the issue you raise: I keep on doing what I know shouold be done, unless the Spirit of God instructs otherwise.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 12:41am On May 31, 2006
My point is the final decision lies with us. We make the decisions. So when someone says he wants to run for president, it is not because God told him to do it. It is because he wants to do it.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 1:29pm On May 31, 2006
Mariory:

My point is the final decision lies with us. We make the decisions. So when someone says he wants to run for president, it is not because God told him to do it. It is because he wants to do it.
u sound like 1 who doesnt believe God can talk to anyone,  otherwise i don't see your point,  have you ever heard of okotie having a bad record for any wrong doing before? so why now make him look like a fraud?lets be logical,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Abeem(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2006
This issue about the suitability or otherwise of Pastor Okotie candidacy for President in 2007 has been unduly over-flogged in this forum. His footsoldiers on Nairaland have tried their utmost defending their man and I think its time to move on. These people's inveterate fondness of their man is commendable. I do not see them as political fair weather friends. My advice is that they should not relent but rather broaden their campaign to sell the candidature of their man to the entire country using other platforms so he could triumph at the polls come April 2007.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dalen: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2006
sometimes i wonder if we are not the enemy of ourselves. I stand to say chris okotie remains the only credible candidate for president. His character, selfless service, integrity, and love for this country is unparalled. Nigerians rejected him in 2003 and are still suffering from the consequences. If we want this country to break from the chains of economic slavery, poverty, inequality,poor leadership then the only option available is chris okotie. He is a detribalized nigerian, with an open heart for all irrespective of your religiuous inclination, a True Nigerian. Remember rightheousness exalt a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.Christianity, and islam preaches against wickedness, and promotes purity and good deeds. therefore, i will suggest that CHRIS OKOTIE and YERIMA paired as president and vice president of this country respectively. Let see if Nigeria will not march forward. Chris to be president because of justice, equity, and fairness for the south south, my idea, Good enough Chris has not based his ambition on his geopolitical affilliation that speak good for him rather he sees himself as a nigerian.People only look at him as a pastor, but chris okotie is a lawyer, a nigerian flesh and blood, an accomplished individual whose leadership skill, integrity, selflessness is a fact.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by trumic(m): 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2006
@dalen, no offence meant but u dnt know what your saying

no true preacher will use his post and use God to gain poularitypopularity in politics, i didnt say anything lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearie(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2006
I may not really be convinced to cast my vote in his favour now, but if in the event that no other credible candidate is running, then he will get my vote.

Let's not 4get that if the so called zoning eventually pulls thru, he may be the most favourable candidate. Let's just pray for God's guidance.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2006
my own is that anyone that wishes to rule this country shld do so btw now and 2039 (thats 8 terms from 2007) because den, dere'll be no stoppin me!

otolorin for president 2039

you people should mark my words o!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2006
Thank Yoy for saying the truth.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 5:05am On Jun 12, 2006
TayoD (when you get back)

I had problems responding since, cuz i couldn't sign on from my phone for some crazy reason! sha!
Me, i doubt the sincerity of Chris Okotie, especially when you try to paint him as some guy who's trying to do the right thing. Politics is a dirty game, a thinking game, you've got to strategize and stuff, and now that i think about it, i think that Okotie's move on calling out pastor Chris was another of such strategic moves, to make him appear so self righteous! make him look like he abhors evil and bla bla bla, and i think that move really worked, as you seem to have bought his righteous move hook, line and sinker. No matter how good and righteous you think he is, i don't think he's fit to be a president of Nigeria, he should continue to preside over his church.

What are his body guards doing with machine guns? why does he need such heavy protection? who wants to kill him that he needs all that ammunition? at the end of the day, God will raise who He will raise.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2006
that is why we can't move forward in this country,  because a man of God wants to do the right thing for the nation, since we call upon God for a good person, his flaw is that he is a pastor,  sad, well good luck to you guys who cant see beyond your noses, cos i really cant see any other candidate that makes sense,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2006
tolutope:

i really can't see any other candidate that makes sense,

then you definitely need to get your eyes checked. grin grin grin
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2006
mrlawng:

then you definitely need to get your eyes checked. grin grin grin
, maybe u need to let me know who you think can take this country to where we want from the list of availables we have,,,,,,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2006
If You guys do not want Chris to be President,Who do You want then?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2006
slimnike:

If You guys do not want Chris to be President,Who do You want then?

Pat Utomi
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Gtunery: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2006
I beileve in change, I belive in creativity, I believe in innovative ability, I believe in Dynamism. These are some of the qualities I see in Chris okotie. If there's one thing that really inspires me about Chris okotie, is his effrontery, This man's bold. It takes more than just a man with his balls in his hand to make advents towards becoming a president, he sees beyond the imposiblities. He believes, With his God, little resources and beleif his set to conqure the presidency: all things are possible for all those who believe.

It is a pity that many youths are blinded with doubts in this man. I dont blame them. They have been influence by misrule and they remain casaulties of all the mal-administration we've been having. This man has excelled in his dreams, history can tell, because he believes and I know the chances are very slim, but we will all live to see this man become president and then we will know for sure the stuff this man is made of. Look at many of the president in the western world, young, full of energy, eloquent etc dont you see most of those qualities in Chris. This man made his fortune by his hands not by means of crook or fraud unlike 99.9999% of those guys who wanna be president, in his 20's he made his fortune out of his gift from God. He knows the game, and I can bet when president he will be able to use the gift of our great country NIGERIA for the benefit of Nigerians, that will yeild great fortune for us all, we need people of such boldness and adventure who can use what they have to make way for them and for many. This man has brought smiles and and lots more advantages into many people's lives, and he aint president yet. I believe He's a conqurer

It baffels me when I hear youth argue that IBB and co will be thier choice for the next precidency, how pathetic. Well, to me I think many youth love enduring misrule, they have a gigantic endurance capacity, but there's a limit to everything. some people say that the demon you know is better than the Angel you dont know, well thats their opinion about life. To all those guys with such opinion the demon you know will continue to kill you slowly until there's nothing left of you. NIGERIAN YOUTH WAKE UP. It is time for a change. We need a Vibrant leader with charisma,a high level of intelligence, charm, lots of energy, eloquent, polished,rightoues and not to talk of Good looking. hey come on When he becomes president and he's through with his tenure, if at all he fails it will reflect on his ministry and history will never forget. Do the right thing, everytime a good guy fails to become president many people die of hunger, sickness, insecurity, and many ills I dont wanna mention. God Help Us. Amen.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by buddy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2006
Pat Utomi? men i don't know o! do you think he can survive the political terrain in Naija?

Pastor Chris? i voted him against OBJ.

To me i think we need new blood in this country, someone with vision and boldness that can take on the pressures from the various ethnic areas.

Believe me its not an easy task ruling Nigeria, props to Pres. OBJ, i bet that the man has not slept a full 8 hours since he became president.

Above all what is most important is that whoever comes in next should not take us back another 30 years!! thats my worst fear in this whole issue.
i don't think i care who it is!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2006
<sarcasm>I will vote for my Dad becos he said God came to him in a dream and told him to run for president. also I've never seen him to anything bad. So I will vote for him becos God took time out from looking out for the universe to talk especially to him to take care of Nigeria. After all, when my fellow man says "God said" then that means "GOD Really said". That is why I will vote for my Dad.

Daddy for president!
</sarcasm>
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
Mariory:

<sarcasm>I will vote for my Dad because he said God came to him in a dream and told him to run for president. also I've never seen him to anything bad. So I will vote for him because God took time out from looking out for the universe to talk especially to him to take care of Nigeria. After all, when my fellow man says "God said" then that means "GOD Really said". That is why I will vote for my Dad.

Daddy for president!
</sarcasm>
[center]dont be naughty[/center]
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2006
Mariory

I will vote for your daddy too, LOL. he should just remember to make me a minister of health, or something--i really would like that! wink
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2006
otolorin:

Pat Utomi
Utomi is a good candidate,but I Nigeria You do not get the right Person as President.But if He can rig the election He will be the next President.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by symple: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2006
Rev.Chris Okotie is the only presidential candidate I think is very qualified for the 2007 election.

Let’s forget about he used to be a musician, a writer and he’s a pastor. What most ppl refuse to see is thst this guy is a confirm politian. He studied political science in University of Benin. And l believe he’s hot. He’s very eloquent.

I ain’t one of his church members neither lm I one of his fam. But what Im saying is that I think he’s tha best for our generation. He’s very presentable. And he’s the kinda person that when he speak out there we can be proud of.

Who told some of us that MEN OF GOD can’t become leaders? King David, King Solomon, etc were men of God but they ruled nicely.

Some of us wanna know who’s gonna be the 1st lady if he becomes the president. I don’t think if we really need a 1st lady that much though. Do we hear much about 1st ladies even in developed countries?

I know for sure that if a free and fair election is been conducted, Rev Chris okotie will definitely win.He’s taking the lead in a National political pool that’s been conducted in Rhythm 93.7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

VANGUARD: Danjuma’s Comments Confirm Genocide Against Igbo – Achuzia / Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Rotary International To Support Humanity (photos) / Oshiomhole's Quest For Edo North Senate Seat - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.