Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,318 members, 7,867,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

The Left Hand - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Left Hand (370 Views)

See The Left-over My Wife Gave To Our Daughter / What Is Wrong With The Left Hand? / Why Do People Get Angry When Given Something With The Left Hand. Is It A Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Left Hand by john107: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
By Okosun Ehinon Robert

I begin to wonder and marvel,why the left hand is being discriminated and distinguished in a bad light and manner especially in the Nigerian society.
The last time I checked, it was God who created both the left hand and equally the right hand.He even bluntly said in the holy Scriptures, "let us make man according to our own image and likeness". This statement verifies the fact that,the left hand is in accordance with his own image and likeness. So why do we keep discriminating the left hand. A question which nobody especially the elderly ones has been able to churn out a concrete and valid answer. What they know is that the left hand is bad. In my own opinion, that is a myopic and limited way of declaring judgement on an issue,that is not based or created upon a substantial, accurate and factual evidence.
A fact is usually backed by evidence, as I was taught in school. Those educated folks who have passed through the walls of an educational system will agree with me on that. So why do we keep having a strong prejudice against the left hand, which is even created by God,just beause of some fairy tales told by the older generation, which is not even backed up by facts or evidence.
I am raising this issue up ,because i am a very inquisitive person. You can't tell me to follow an order,just because someone older and more advanced than me is saying it. No!!! I follow an order or agree with an issue, if my research has given me a clear insight on why i should follow an order or agree with an issue, and if it is based on a tangible and concrete evidence.
I once asked an elderly person a simple question? Why is everyone saying you should not give someone something, or shake someone with the left hand? All he could tell me was that, the left hand is not a good sign of respect. Hmmmm, I asked why is it described , portrayed and despicted that way, all he could say was that i ask too many questions and we should not speak about the issue again.

Well the bottomline is this. The left hand is always created in the image and likeness of God . so we don't have any valid or concrete reason to hate the left hand.

I wan ask this simple question .If they give you Ten(10) million naira with the left hand, you no go take?

(1) (Reply)

10 Lessons Children Can Teach Us / Why Do Most Parent Feels That They Owned The Life Of Their Children? / Different Ways To Make Each Of Your Kids Feel Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.