Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained (696 Views)

Yahaya Bello Is 44, His Mother Dies At 101 — Did She Have Him At 57? / Adeleke: I Gained Admission Into US University Without WAEC Result / Nigeria At 57; The Akwa Ibom Lens And Shutter Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lets discuss.... What have u gained, and what do u expect to gain for being a Nigerian...
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by whitebeard(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
I was taught the hustle and no dulling mindset...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
I was taught the hustle and no dulling mindset...
that's good n i hope your life has been made better by that?
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
cue64:
Lets discuss.... What have u gained, and what do u expect to gain for being a Nigerian...

Better than being a third class citizen in the US or UK or Canada.

The "native" Africans already took second place.
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
TheCabal:

Better than being a third class citizen in the US or UK or Canada.

The "native" Africans already took second place.
but some would rather be a third class citizens where things actually work, and where their life means something
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
We have gained many things
We have gained python dance II. Egwu eke nke abuo....

Heeeeeeee.......chineke
It shall never be well with lord lugard
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by emmaboy33(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
cue64:
Life is not always about what you receive but also what you give. If all you expect is to gain, a day will come where there will be nothing to receive simply because there is no investment, remember you invest first to make profit and not the other way.
I think you should add this also "what have you done for Nigeria to make it a better place?"
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
emmaboy33:

Life is not always about what you receive but also what you give. If all you expect is to gain, a day will come where there will be nothing to receive simply because there is no investment, remember you invest first to make profit and not the other way.
I think you should add this also "what have you done for Nigeria to make it a better place?"
yes you are 100% percent right but the truth is u give back to a country that gives u something first, how can i give back when i have practically been given nothing?
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Asidethetruth:
We have gained many things

We have gained python dance II. Egwu eke nke abuo....

Heeeeeeee.......chineke

It shall never be well with lord lugard
lord lugard is not our problem we re our own problem....
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by emmaboy33(m): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
cue64:
yes you are 100% percent right but the truth is u give back to a country that gives u something first, how can i give back when i have practically been given nothing?
I quite understand your point but let me ask you this: what do you expect the country to give you?
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
cue64:
but some would rather be a third class citizens where things actually work, and where their life means something

Ofcourse, most people only want to eat, drink and have spare money to spend.
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
emmaboy33:

I quite understand your point but let me ask you this: what do you expect the country to give you?
a value for life, social amenities and security should be a necessity, a leveled playing ground where any1 one has equal opportunity. Regardless of ur religion, ethnicity, or ur region..
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
TheCabal:

Ofcourse, most people only want to eat, drink and have spare money to spend.
to some extent that's all it requires to live a good life....
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by zombieHUNTER: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
To gain something from this disease of a country... You must be a thieving politician.. Or a relative of a thieving politician...
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by jen4r: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
....as prophet fela said, suffering and smiling, that's what nigerians gains from 57 independent celebration......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by chairman010: 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
if people will tell themselves the truth and stop living in denial we may make something out of this thread

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by emmaboy33(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
cue64:
a value for life, social amenities and security should be a necessity, a leveled playing ground where any1 one has equal opportunity. Regardless of ur religion, ethnicity, or ur region..
tell me a country where there is equal opportunity for Everyone

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by vedaxcool(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Instead of asking what have you given or invested in Nigeria yours is what have you take.... wrong mindset!
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
emmaboy33:

tell me a country where there is equal opportunity for Everyone
every civilized country,,
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
vedaxcool:
Instead of asking what have you given or invested in Nigeria yours is what have you take.... wrong mindset!
so Asking what i stand to gain from my own country is a wrong mindset?
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by emmaboy33(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
cue64:
every civilized country,,
you need do some check again bro, even in the USA, equal opportunities are not available to all.
there is and there will never be equality in any country of the world, all we can get is equity. Equity and not Equality. Without no contradiction, Nigeria is way behind on so many things but we got to understand it is a process, Rome was not built in a day.
In my opinion, what makes up a country is her people, of Nigeria is failing, it simply means we the people are failing. Despite the abundance of resources, the managers of these resources have failed to channel it rightly for the good of the whole people. It is not only about the leaders but even the common man is at fault here, greed and hate dwells in us, we so much prioritise SELF above others, there is no sense of responsibility in us. We all say America is a clean country, it is not about the government employing cleaners to clean the street but the people having a sense of responsibility to keep their society clean, not throwing dirt and waste all around. Not until we understand that if Nigeria is gonna be great, we have a role to play, the status quo remains.
Re: Nigeria At 57 What Have U Gained by cue64: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
emmaboy33:

you need do some check again bro, even in the USA, equal opportunities are not available to all.
there is and there will never be equality in any country of the world, all we can get is equity. Equity and not Equality. Without no contradiction, Nigeria is way behind on so many things but we got to understand it is a process, Rome was not built in a day.
In my opinion, what makes up a country is her people, of Nigeria is failing, it simply means we the people are failing. Despite the abundance of resources, the managers of these resources have failed to channel it rightly for the good of the whole people. It is not only about the leaders but even the common man is at fault here, greed and hate dwells in us, we so much prioritise SELF above others, there is no sense of responsibility in us. We all say America is a clean country, it is not about the government employing cleaners to clean the street but the people having a sense of responsibility to keep their society clean, not throwing dirt and waste all around. Not until we understand that if Nigeria is gonna be great, we have a role to play, the status quo remains.
okay honestly we are both saying same thing, all i asked was what we have gained and what we hope to gain, have u take ur time to visit the slums in lagos, or bayelsa? When i say equal opportunity, i mean equal right to basic amenities, clean water, electricity health care and schools, give us this and then they can ask us what we intend to give back, we always use America as an example, lets leave America alone, see UAE, Qatar, Brunei, and all the Scandinavians we have our role to play, but our leaders have a bigger role to play..

(1) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Drag You To Prison With Me | Alison- Madueke Told Aluko, Omokore / Did President Buhari Kill And Secretly Bury Nnamdi Kanu? / 100 Days In Office: Alimosho LG To Empower Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.