Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

My Car Overheats When The AC Is On - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Overheats When The AC Is On (473 Views)

What To Do When Your Car Overheats / Sold out EOD @ 550k, AC is working perfectly / My Car Overheats When The AC Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Car Overheats When The AC Is On by Egji: 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm starting this thread to request help from the nairaland community in troubleshooting the issue I'm having with my car.

I drive a Toyota Corolla, it runs perfectly fine without the a/c on, but when I put on the a/c on a hot afternoon in traffic, the car starts overheating.

My radiator has a single fan, functioning for both the radiator and the condenser

I have visited a mechanic, who scanned the car. He replaced the a/c relay that controls a manual a/c compressor and the engine thermostat. But he left the fan running directly with the ignition because the compressor was not controlling the radiator fan when we put on the a/c.

I have flushed the radiator and steam washed the condenser. Then we refilled the cooling system with red abro anti rust coolant. And bleed the cooling system.

I tested the car in heavy traffic and it still overheats. Please what do I do now??
Re: My Car Overheats When The AC Is On by Redstone(m): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Get a double cell radiator for it, it would solve the issue at once.

You can also change your thermostat to one that opens with lower temperatures readings. I guess the one you currently have has a higher temperature reading, so your engines get very hot before the thermostat opens and allow water to run through t he radiator.

So watch out for both the radiator and termostat, make sure you meet a mechanic who knows his job.

1 Like

Re: My Car Overheats When The AC Is On by Egji: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Redstone:
Get a double cell radiator for it, it would solve the issue at once.

You can also change your thermostat to one that opens with lower temperatures readings. I guess the one you currently have has a higher temperature reading, so your engines get very hot before the thermostat opens and allow water to run through t he radiator.

So watch out for both the radiator and termostat, make sure you meet a mechanic who knows his job.

Thanks, I'll do that, and give feedback on how it goes. Pls how do I know a mechanic that knows his job?

(1) (Reply)

2008 Honda Accord Evilspirit - 1.8m / Buy And Drive 05 Toyota Camry 1.250m Negotiable. Call On 08028274487 / Very Cean Lexus RX330 05 In PH, 2.8M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.