Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Is Technology Not Growing In Africa? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Is Technology Not Growing In Africa? (370 Views)

Superstitious Beliefs You Were Made To Believe When Growing Up. / The Fears Of Growing Old. A poem / The Africans (growing up in Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Technology Not Growing In Africa? by Abiola1998(m): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Its quite unfortunate that Africa cannot compete with the rest of the world in terms of technology. Many people believed Africa is a cursed land. One unnatural thing I noticed about Africa is that when you aren't out of it, it will be quite hard to succeed. Many of our folks who went out of this continent has become inventor of great things.
The lucky ones abroad never waste time to renounce their true African identity. Why this? Africans can do almost anything to become an America or British citizen. Instead of coming back home to help develop our technology sector they prefer staying abroad. Well, they can't be blamed, since the few among them who returned home are being kidnapped or either assassinated by criminals.
Our government has a large share of blame, they embezzle money like a prodigal son. Money meant to develop our technology sector are being diverted for their personal reasons. How do expect us to grow? We are mainly consumer and not producers. The saddest thing about the issue of technology in Nigeria is that 1970s technology aren't yet disposed. What of a university graduate disciplined in computer science that cannot write a single line of Java not to talk of C+.
The government isn't responsible for all our misfortune. The people also aren't helping themselves, we prefer things made overseas that our local made ones. In Aba, Nigeria. A lot if electrical gadgets ate being produced but the local people won't use it believing it is substandard. How can we improve a substandard stuff if we didn't test it? I can proudly say most Aba goods are of China standard!
Read more at https://bilastech.com/the-forces-behind-africas-technology-misfortune/
I believe if we had started to change our orientation, Africa could become the next technology driven continent.

(1) (Reply)

To Turn Your Story/novel Into A Screenplay / About To Start Writing Your Script / The Things Nature Taught Me! / Here Comes The Real Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.