Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,136 members, 7,957,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu (943 Views)

Edo 2020: Thousands Throng Ize-Iyamu’s Campaign In Esan Land [Video & Photos] / Folasade Yemi-Esan Tells Level 1-12 Civil Servants To Work From Home / Biography: Profile Of Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, New Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Emarvel(m): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
What Sin Has Esan Committed? by Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu
Esan land is a major tribe in South South Nigeria and dominant tribe in Edo state of Nigeria; yet Esan is suffering from reckless abandoned. This is Esan though small nationally, have contributed greatly to the political activities of Nigeria. What manner of contribution? This may well be the sin. In the table of independence struggle, Chief Anthony Enaholo; an Esan from Uromi the business hub of Esan land, was there, post independence, government and politics had Sir Tom Ikhimi, as minister of foreign affairs in 1995, special adviser to Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha in February 1994 etc, Chief Tony Aneni, minister of works and housing (1999-2003), etc, Admiral Augustus Aikhomu (rtd.) deputy head of state to Gen. Ibrahim Babagida 1984-1986, etc, Elder Odion Ugbesia, minister, solid mineral, Architect Mike Onolememen, minister, of works recently, Ambrose Alli, governor of bendel state as it then was. Upon all these men who are suppose to be great with the exception of Professor Ambrose Alli, Esan is like a cursed land and a vastly backward politically.
The current shame on the face of Esan now is the no assess to the city of Benin and no assess to the federal capital territory; reason being that, the road which is the linker is dead and is in such a pitiable condition. Traders are suffering, students are suffering, and Ambrose Alli university is threatened. No road, no development, no improvement. Normally, a student of ambrose alli university stood by road side and with three hundred naira travelled to Benin in about 45minutes, but since the bad road, you beg transporters with seven hundred and at times eight hundred naira to Benin and in about two hours and some, you are still not in Benin from Esan; sometimes you are forced to cancel your journey because the alternative road is block as a result of truck falling on the road, and or, vehicles sank in the usual road before they divert to a manageable road that would take them to Agbor Benin road to Benin. If the journey is so urgent, one would go to abgor and then enter Benin from agbor. This is frustrating and painful to well meaning sons and daughters of Esan.
I write now first to His Imperial Majesty, omo'N Oba N' Edo, Uku akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare N' Ogidigan II of Benin kingdom, to help Esan land and students of Edo state university to reach out to federal government of Nigeria, minister of works and the president federal republic of Nigeria to please pay immediate attention to the Benin-Esan road which also dub a federal road that linked the south south region to the federal capital territory Abuja. This plead is not to the Oba alone but to all well Nigerians, alinko dangote whose business runs the road frequently. You can help us beg the federal government, formal governor Adams oshiomole, you can as well, help the Esan people reached the federal government on this injury in our heart. Governor Godwin Obaseki, you can as well help us, Esan is a major part of your territory, and to our senator Odia, members house of representative, Segius etc, do not allow yourselves to fall in the pot of failures like those Esan sons I mentioned earlier, talk to the federal government, cry to the federal government, beg, asked and keep on until the federal government responds to you. I also beg Esan's own: Cardinal Anthony Okojie, Archbishop Emeritus, Patrick Ekpu, Rev. Chris oyakhilomen, and other religious leaders especially of Esan's origin to please make this problem a prayer point and if it is within their powers, talk to federal government of Nigeria to work on the Esan Benin road which is also Benin Abuja road.
I have no idea how this writeup will reach the appropriate places, but I have written it as it hurt me and do hope it will gets to them.
God bless Esan land
God bless Edo state
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria!

Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by jerryunit48: 12:03am On Oct 02, 2017
I was interested in your post until I saw “ no access road to Benin and Abuja “ Why not ask the Ishan man that ruled Edo state for 8 years and got himself a beautiful wife ?

2 Likes

Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Emarvel(m): 12:26am On Oct 02, 2017
jerryunit48:
I was interested in your post until I saw “ no access road to Benin and Abuja “ Why not ask the Ishan man that ruled Edo state for 8 years and got himself a beautiful wife ?

The past leaders have failed us,but we can't continue to dwell in the past
Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 02, 2017
jerryunit48:

Osho baba, Esan? .. you must be joking
Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Ra88: 1:08am On Oct 02, 2017
That road is in a really bad shape, I saw a video of Mr Obaseki on that road, seeking the intervention of the FG to help fix the road.

When asked about the FG plan for the road, In his word;

"We just don't know, we don't know, we are really helpless"

I give up! If a governor of a state can say We are helpless, mehn, we are really helpless.

I pity my people that will be traveling on that road in December.

1 Like

Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Emarvel(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
That road is in a really bad shape, I saw a video of Mr Obaseki on that road, seeking the intervention of the FG to help fix the road.

I give up! If a governor of a state can say We are helpless, mehn, we are really helpless.

i am not sure if they have any plans for that road,years from now
Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by Emarvel(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2021
Ra88:

i am not sure if they have any plans for that road,years from now
Re: What Sin Has Esan Land Commited By Okoemu Okoemu Okoemu by pedrilo: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2021
Esan people behave like ibos. They have alot of rich people but those rich people prefer to empower outsiders and develop other places while leaving home in ruins.
No one is fronting for the region. Tom ikhimhin is self serving.
Imagine a region that had produced 2 federal ministers of works in d past does not have a dual carriage way.
We have a very corrupt set of politicians and docile populace.
I am Esan by the way and I am saddened by this development.
I love the region and dats why I go d extra mile to find a place for any Esan person in my office. But I can only do but a few. But if someone like me shud present myself for an elective position, then the ugly issue of what part of Esan is he from will surface.
Ekpoma will not want to support uromi, irrua will not want to support ubiaja. Ewohimi will not support ewatto, igueben will want to support their own. This is what is holding us back.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Escapes Death As Mystery Fire Engulfs Vehicle [PHOTOS] / Dr Tony Nwoye Is Giant-killer;neglect Him At Your Own Peril– Ezenwa / Orji Kalu Tours Oil Palm Seed Plantation Projected To Generates Thousands Of Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.