Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. (704 Views)

Pope Offers To Meet Putin, Still Waiting To Hear Back / Bronx-raised Cardi B Offers To Pay Fire Victim Burial Costs / CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. by DesChyko: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2017
An emotional Gerard Pique offered his resignation from the Spain national team following a day in which the Catalunya region was engulfed by violence between referendum voters and police.

The world was shocked on Sunday by footage of Spanish national police striking out at protesters across the region, with some of the bloodiest clashes occurring in Catalan capital Barcelona.

"I thought they would try to stop the vote in a peaceful way. Everybody has seen it. They have made things worse."
"This is one of the worst decisions in 50 years. They have separated Catalunya and Spain more and there will be consequences."
"The president of this government (Rajoy) goes around the world without even knowing how to speak English. That's his level."
“You vote yes, no or leave a blank vote, but you vote. In the Franco era, we couldn’t defend our ideas. I am and I feel Catalan."

"If the coach or any director of the Federation thinks that I am a problem for the national, I will step aside before the World Cup,"
"It has been a very hard game to play, the worst experience of my professional career.
"I am and I feel like a Catalan and today I am proud of the people of Catalunya.
"We are not a minority, there were millions of us. We are not the bad guys, we just want to vote."

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/pique-offers-to-resign-from-spain-team-as-violence-mars/1abpejfm5mxwo1gdgys4isaaz7

Re: Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. by Throwback: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2017
You are not bigger than the constitution of your country.

Even EU cannot help you. Even UN cannot help you when it has not helped a legitimate Palestine who have their land both inside and outside Israel, yet are not allowed to have their own country.

Enjoy your retirement.

1 Like

Re: Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. by mikejj(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2017
grin grin to much off shakira.where the holy cane
Re: Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. by Greenback: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2017
Throwback:

Even EU cannot help you
Enjoy your retirement.

Shaaaraap there,unity beggar,we know what's on your dirty mind.
Viva ipob
Viva niger delta

3 Likes

Re: Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. by DesChyko: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2017
Throwback:

Even EU cannot help you. Even UN cannot help you when it has not helped a legitimate Palestine who have their land both inside and outside Israel, yet are not allowed to have their own country.

Enjoy your retirement.

This is about Catalonia, not Biafra.
This one you are throwing EU and UN about. Since these events, what press release from Catalunya called on those bodies?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South African President Names Cabinet 96 Hours After Inauguration / US Presidential Election: Department Of Justice’s Top Election Prosecutor Quits / Putin Is A Heartless Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.