Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival (9329 Views)

Re-scan Your Decoders With TSTV New Frequency Parameters / Tstv Has Added On Additional New Channels / Nov 1st Draws Close, TSTV Decoders Being Shipped Across The Country (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by ulitox: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2017
mecussey:

Check somewhere in the compound you will either see a 3m dish or cable decoder. The beinsports you are seeing there is at TStv office and they are receiving it from 7.3w middle east. They are not broadcasting anything yet on ABS. Whoever thinks these guys can beam bein 1 to 10 to west africa by satellite is a joker, the best they can do is bein MAX 1 to 10 (espana - no epl)

Oga hope u know say dem are showing live now. AND shame has caught your ass. I think you should just shutup, scan your decoder and get the channels, I tink you will never remain the same.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by ulitox: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2017
mecussey:

10m...are you satisfied..? I dont do dstv and not even a fan but I understand the TV industry. When sth is not adding up, must be critisized. I see two pics you uploaded, where is the bein 3HD?? Like I stated, it is not legally right to beam beinsports MENA 1HD to 10HD to west Africa. If Tstv successfully do that, it will be taken down within one month. If there was any agreement what so ever, beinsports official web site will carry the advert. This is common sense na......I would like Tstv to provide us with enough data to watch beinsports, now thats obtainable.

Oga shut up and enjoy it. U just looking for talk where e no dsery. Mtchew. Dsis kine people sef.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by microgiant: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2017
ulitox:

Oga shut up and enjoy it. U just looking for talk where e no dsery. Mtchew. Dsis kine people sef.

@mecussey, you raised some salients points which people already in a frenzy are against.

Champion TV came and was broadcasting live matches - what happened?

DSTV have the EPL satellite broadcast rights over sub-sahara Africa, which includes Nigeria. The only way they can broadcast the Bein Sports channels is through IPTV, which DSTV cannot stop.

Remember CTL won DSTV in a rights infringement dispute, because they are broadcasting on Terrestrial which DSTV did not have exclusive right.

Decoder with 500gb HDD, dish with LNB, etc at 5K is not adding up

Also like you mentioned they need BUC for two way communication, except they want to use tooway technology where the request is made through a 2G/3G/4G and response received via satellite. Even this is still more than N3K in Europe where it is being used.

The trick in Nigeria is give people an appetizer and after they are hooked, unveil additional conditions (cost). It is a very common thing in Nigeria as there is no stringent consumer protection and wrong advert penalties as being obtained in better organised countries.

Almost all businesses (including MNC) operating in Nigeria indulge in shady practices. What the mobile networks are doing in Nigeria they cant try it in many countries without being penalized or even shutdown. In fact even penalties alone will shut them down. Is it not Nigeria where you pay to watch NTA (run by tax payers money) via satellite? In South Africa the SABCs are free to air, you cant charge monthly that's why you have to Openview service where people pay just for the decoders. There is a Free To View service and BBC is free on satellite to the British citizens living in Britain.

In my opinion, they may increase the monthly charge gradually over time, just like Startimes did.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by mecussey(m): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2017
microgiant:

@mecussey, you raised some salients points which people already in a frenzy are against.

Champion TV came and was broadcasting live matches - what happened?

DSTV have the EPL satellite broadcast rights over sub-sahara Africa, which includes Nigeria. The only way they can broadcast the Bein Sports channels is through IPTV, which DSTV cannot stop.

Remember CTL won DSTV in a rights infringement dispute, because they are broadcasting on Terrestrial which DSTV did not have exclusive right.

Decoder with 500gb HDD, dish with LNB, etc at 5K is not adding up

Also like you mentioned they need BUC for two way communication, except they want to use tooway technology where the request is made through a 2G/3G/4G and response received via satellite. Even this is still more than N3K in Europe where it is being used.

The trick in Nigeria is give people an appetizer and after they are hooked, unveil additional conditions (cost). It is a very common thing in Nigeria as there is no stringent consumer protection and wrong advert penalties as being obtained in better organised countries.

Almost all businesses (including MNC) operating in Nigeria indulge in shady practices. What the mobile networks are doing in Nigeria they cant try it in many countries without being penalized or even shutdown. In fact even penalties alone will shut them down. Is it not Nigeria where you pay to watch NTA (run by tax payers money) via satellite? In South Africa the SABCs are free to air, you cant charge monthly that's why you have to Openview service where people pay just for the decoders. There is a Free To View service and BBC is free on satellite to the British citizens living in Britain.

In my opinion, they may increase the monthly charge gradually over time, just like Startimes did.

Nigeria and awoof na 5 & 6 just like MMM, a new way of doing yahoo is about to evolve. Just promise heaven on earth 'appetizer', collect money run.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2017
oyb:

Last week Friday, I called three different dealers listed on their website. Their launch day was October 1.no one had any in stock, and they were not expected for at least a week.

A lot of people said wait for them to launch. End of a week and nothing.

Not promising.

I have worked as a project manager, and you do not launch until everything is in place. Licences, equipment, sales infrastructure, etc is in place. These guys were more obsessed with a meaningless political statement than actually rolling out their service.

You are a techie. How many of their claims are economically feasible?

Theres some stuff about 500gb storage. 500gb in a 5k box?

Yes they are overselling of course.
And very disorganized. Its obvious they are new to the business and lack coordination.
I also made calls and its obvious it'll take at least a month or more to get their commercial line going for sales. They kuku just started test transmission. If they sold decoder to you October 1, what would you have used it for when they hadn't started broadcast?

And I think the 500gb is actually 50gb or zero but can support external 500gb drives. Marketing semantics.

If you are observant you'd notice most of their publicity stuff isn't professional or techy as it should be.

And a lot of what is being circulated is actually not from their official communication and deniable.

For instance there's about 5 fake TSTV handles on twitter posting these stuff and people are following and retweeting citing those as official.

And their online marketing bots are plain silly, ignorant and telling a lot of lies.

But that doesn't change the fact that most of these complaints and comments are from a position of ignorance. We don't know anything for a fact, but so much complaints from assumptions.
And that simply doesn't make any sense.

Why not wait to see it in person first before passing judgement?

Because it sounds too cheap doesn't mean it isn't real. How else do you want to create a subscriber base in a market with no margins if not by enticing them with low prices then increasing it later?

Because of course those prices will double in a year, guaranteed.

The laughable one is this 'scam' angle.

Has anyone paid for a months service and not gotten it? Or are we saying that if we buy decoder 5k they must be in business forever?

Did HiTV scam anyone by folding up?

Funniest part is, there's nothing actually unique about what TSTV is bringing in the sense that you can get almost all of those stations as Free to Air with 2 90cm dish.

Matter of fact, in my view the only thing they are bringing to the table is a android decoder that has satellite tuner, and data. And thats why I'm interested, not their so called channels. I haven't had DStv in a long while and I watch ALL the football I want.

The lack of knowledge and ignorance on these TSTV issue is just funny. And its these ones dedicated to rubbishing it that I find weird. Almost like they are being paid to shoot it down. Has anyone announced its compulsory?

The free publicity they've had from people like this over what is more or less broadcasting FTA commercially is remarkable

1 Like

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Yes they are overselling of course.
And very disorganized. Its obvious they are new to the business and lack coordination.
I also made calls and its obvious it'll take at least a month or more to get their commercial line going for sales. They kuku just started test transmission. If they sold decoder to you October 1, what would you have used it for when they hadn't started broadcast?

And I think the 500gb is actually 50gb or zero but can support external 500gb drives. Marketing semantics.

If you are observant you'd notice most of their publicity stuff isn't professional or techy as it should be.

And a lot of what is being circulated is actually not from their official communication and deniable.

For instance there's about 5 fake TSTV handles on twitter posting these stuff and people are following and retweeting citing those as official.

And their online marketing bots are plain silly, ignorant and telling a lot of lies.

But that doesn't change the fact that most of these complaints and comments are from a position of ignorance. We don't know anything for a fact, but so much complaints from assumptions.
And that simply doesn't make any sense.

Why not wait to see it in person first before passing judgement?

Because it sounds too cheap doesn't mean it isn't real. How else do you want to create a subscriber base in a market with no margins if not by enticing them with low prices then increasing it later?

Because of course those prices will double in a year, guaranteed.

The laughable one is this 'scam' angle.

Has anyone paid for a months service and not gotten it? Or are we saying that if we buy decoder 5k they must be in business forever?

Did HiTV scam anyone by folding up?

Funniest part is, there's nothing actually unique about what TSTV is bringing in the sense that you can get almost all of those stations as Free to Air with 2 90cm dish.

Matter of fact, in my view the only thing they are bringing to the table is a android decoder that has satellite tuner, and data. And thats why I'm interested, not their so called channels. I haven't had DStv in a long while and I watch ALL the football I want.

The lack of knowledge and ignorance on these TSTV issue is just funny. And its these ones dedicated to rubbishing it that I find weird. Almost like they are being paid to shoot it down. Has anyone announced its compulsory?

The free publicity they've had from people like this over what is more or less broadcasting FTA commercially is remarkable

In the same way I do not understand the hate for dstv.
I do not know if it is real, or if it is some Internet trolling.

Dstv is a monopoly that has consistently improved its service over the years. The channel bouquets have increased, cost of decoders has gone down, options for renewing subscriptions are myriad. Your average Nigerian run monopoly is content to degrade from first experience, confident that subscribers have nowhere to go.

Maybe Nigerians are the problem, we rather want a cheap, chaotic and unreliable service over an expensive reliable one.

Like you, I don't watch dstv, though the missus does. I download all my stuff which I still do not have time to watch.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
oyb:

In the same way I do not understand the hate for dstv.
I do not know if it is real, or if it is some Internet trolling.

Dstv is a monopoly that has consistently improved its service over the years. The channel bouquets have increased, cost of decoders has gone down, options for renewing subscriptions are myriad. Your average Nigerian run monopoly is content to degrade from first experience, confident that subscribers have nowhere to go.

Maybe Nigerians are the problem, we rather want a cheap, chaotic and unreliable service over an expensive reliable one.

Like you, I don't watch dstv, though the missus does. I download all my stuff which I still do not have time to watch.

Funny thing is I checked their site and the Information about the decoders is completely different from what people have been saying. The hard drive support is external. Not inbuilt.

Somehow the legend circulating is that the decoder comes with inbuilt 500gb drives. That's not what the official write up says. Obviously this is going to be a case of 'they lied'

Also not the use of the phrase 'our smart STB' can make video call.

I think that's a pointer to the fact that they'll have more than 1 model decoder

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Funny thing is I checked their site and the Information about the decoders is completely different from what people have been saying. The hard drive support is external. Not inbuilt.

Somehow the legend circulating is that the decoder comes with inbuilt 500gb drives. That's not what the official write up says. Obviously this is going to be a case of 'they lied'

Also not the use of the phrase 'our smart STB' can make video call.

I think that's a pointer to the fact that they'll have more than 1 model decoder

so who is spreading these stories?
tstv trolls or dstv demarketers?

the proof of the pudding is in the eating. these guys are yet to actually release the decoders, or even show any on their website
an real wa
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by BeingAkorede(m): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Branding of dealer has just commenced

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by mecussey(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2017
Why take down beinsports logo from website now november is around the corner?
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by omaolowo(m): 2:16am On Oct 30, 2017
mecussey:
Why take down beinsports logo from website now november is around the corner?

With Nov 1 around the corner, TSTv has landed and it is will be FTA until their decoders get fully circulated. Some say such a period may last up to a month
For now, there are up to 36 channels. They are so cool. Some of the pictures from the various channels are attached

So folks, why not enjoy FTA - free to air - while it lasts

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2017
grin grin

Wawuu

Vexation

1 Like

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by timibare(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nov 1st don reach naaa, we all gonna know wassup
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
grin

New date is February 1 2018
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by mecussey(m): 1:18am On Nov 01, 2017
with the media noise so far...these promises cannot be achieved. Contents are not in order not to talk of internet...
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 01, 2017
4llerbuntu:
grin

New date is February 1 2018

Please tell me you're trolling
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2017
oyb:

Please tell me you're trolling

Lol

You can watch for free now though. Just get an installer to track it for you.

Free is better paid any day you know.....
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by mecussey(m): 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Lol
You can watch for free now though. Just get an installer to track it for you.
Free is better paid any day you know.....
did you enjoy tstv today ?
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:18am On Nov 02, 2017
mecussey:

did you enjoy tstv today ?

Didn't watch. Only have time for TV on weekends.

I'll have time to assess on Saturday
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by soloqy: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
They claim they were hacked lol. I wonder who they think they are talking to.

This is the most unprepared and I dare say, most insincere Pay TV company yet .

I have never seen such .

Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by mecussey(m): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2017
Someone pls confirm my write up that these guys are not serious. Poor techs that allowed beinsports locate there smart card and decoder they are using to broadcast the content. They were actually broadcasting bein 1 and 2 via beinsports customer premises set top box. Probably, someone copied the finger printing on the screen and sent to qatar. This service is champions tv part two, may not even last up to one month. So this is how they want to fight dstv, dealers get luck they never invested heavily yet. Forget the story of been hacked, tstv should just go back and do a proper home work.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by soloqy: 12:14am On Nov 03, 2017
mecussey:
Someone pls confirm my write up that these guys are not serious. Poor techs that allowed beinsports locate there smart card and decoder they are using to broadcast the content. They were actually broadcasting bein 1 and 2 via beinsports customer premises set top box. Probably, someone copied the finger printing on the screen and sent to qatar. This service is champions tv part two, may not even last up to one month. So this is how they want to fight dstv, dealers get luck they never invested heavily yet. Forget the story of been hacked, tstv should just go back and do a proper home work.

You may be surprised some people may have paid huge sums to become "super dealers" .

I am beginning to think that has always been the intention.

Bamboozle Nigerians with promises of haven and earth, make it a "we vs DSTV" thing , then clear out with cash made from willing "patriotic" Nigerians.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by moonraker(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2017
soloqy:
They claim they were hacked lol. I wonder who they think they are talking to.

This is the most unprepared and I dare say, most insincere Pay TV company yet .

I have never seen such .

lol you cant make this shit up. Where are the NL Hoodlums who were at some point typing rubbish??

Get your bum on here and defend TSTV.
Re: Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Channals For Nta Star Times Decoder / Dstv Installers And Experts Pls Help / B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.