Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (113821 Views)

I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by wickyyolo: 6:17am On Oct 26, 2017
shettima97835:

Pure fact I agree with while Ojukwu first professor on civil war abi!

Yes, and Yerima Shettima is the first Nigerian professor on Paedophile Studies
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by shettima97835: 6:38am On Oct 26, 2017
I like this list very well. About northerners not being part of the list, there is reason. During colonial intervention was the period when the white men came with western education and Christianity. Mind you all they did not come through the sahara but through the sea, the white people start colonizing the south and providing them education and religion while the invasion hasn't gotten to the north then so this affect the north in terms of western education. Again that is why Christianity dominated the south. While the north has Islamic civilization which During pre-colonial era we were practicing federalism.we also have our schools but islamic ones and also we have a sound and good tax system called "jangali" as a result of Islamic civilization. So if the whitemen invaded us through the sahara my friends you would have seen many names of northerners and if A.B.U was the first uni in Nigeria we would have dorminate the list just like the Yorubas
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by ArcToyin(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
I can relate to professor Adeyemi. First professor of Architecture. He retired from FUTA.

1 Like

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by raphaeladeyele: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
wao hmm in Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by heyma: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
First Nigerian Vice Chancellor University of Ibadan... Prof. Kenneth Dike

First Nigerian Vice Chancellor University of Lagos ...Prof. Eni Njoku.

Professors every where....Go take a look at what the country looks like
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by ChucE(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2018
Flashh:
What else should I expect, from someone who is drenched in ignorance?

You expect this. Ntorr!! You can't kill my joy!
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Flashh: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
ChucE:

You expect this. Ntorr!! You can't kill my joy!
Yeye guy! grin
Re: List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines by Bimpe29: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nigerians are well read but take it or leave it, the Yorubas are second to none as far as western education is concerned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2018/2019 / Stephanie Ofijoyce: Nigerians Refused To Help Me After I Made Success Video / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.