Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Sale Of Votes For A Cheap Price:the University Students' Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sale Of Votes For A Cheap Price:the University Students' Case (1026 Views)

RiversRerun: 93-Year-Old Grandma Votes For PDP (Photos) / The Downfall Of Oil Price, The Rise Up Of $ Is A Blessing To This Nation! / Bayelsa Election: Dickson Leads With Over 60 Percent Of Votes (2) (3) (4)

The Sale Of Votes For A Cheap Price:the University Students' Case by abdkabir(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2007
I write to seek the opinion of Nairalanders on the sad issue of the "Use of Students, in this particluar case (University Students) to perpatrate the evils of Corruptions in our Dear Naija".

It is no longer news the manouvers many politicians are making to thwarts the so called Democratic process. I have heard stories of students being use to effect multiple registraation so they coould vote many times during the election. Cases have been heard in Ibadan,Osun etc. The incumbent party seems to be a principal culprit in this regard.
The most saddening of this is that students are also helping this evil. A friend of mine en UI[b][/b] said they(the students) do this as they prefer to get whatever they are given now (the Money) and help rig the election rather than after the election. T

While, one might not really blame the Students as a majority of the politician really do not care about the masses and would indeed forget the students after the election, such a phenomenon could make one ask "Who are we really decieving?"

We shouldn't loose hope and shouldn't sell our votes for the future of our people.If we really love our Naija as we all claim, our votes should be our way of saying No. THere are indeed politician who still believe in the people and are trying their best even though they are a Few.

I seize this opportunity to call on us all to say NO TO THE SALE OF VOTES FOR A CHEAP PRICE.
U CAN COLLECT THEIR MONEY BUT VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.

Hasta la VIctoria

Ribadu Makes U-turn … Says Bode George Not Corrupt. / This Bif Master Called Obj / Yar'adua Recovering, Watching Football - Envoy