Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Help Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help Series (304 Views)

Help Series ( Mommy's Edition ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Series by lalaponcus(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
HELP SERIES

Heyooo
Do you remember me?

Little girl with the curled back hair and sea coloured eyes.

Do you remember my tales about Iya Soji and what my daddy told me?
Do you remember the little one who Bashorun desires to hold in his palm?

Well, I am the one.
And I welcome you to another time with Atinuke omo Bashorun.

Help me tell my daddy that he hustles too much.
Help me drag his ears wide and shout it loud that I am missing him very much.
Go to your kitchen now, grab the stool which your mummy spends time sitting on while cooking, then return to where my daddy is to shout it loud to him that He hustles too much.

Make sure you are standing on the stool o,
Because my daddy is so tall that Osfeam, my daddy's friend, calls him 'opo ina'

Because my daddy is very tall like that big building that we climbed while in Paris.
That tower they call Eiffel with so many steps that made me to almost collapse from exhaustion.

That tower that did not seem so tall for mummy and daddy because they were both whispering yucky things in their ears and locking lips at intervals.
Two adults behaving like little kids while thinking that my mind is too small to comprehend.

Help me tell my daddy that he is missing the best part of my life.

Help me remind him that I will not easily forget the fact that he was absent during my first singing competition.
Help me tell him that I felt a deep hurt within me when I ran like the wind and took first place in inter-house sports without seeing him to hug.

Help me tell him that he shattered my little belief in the fantasy world when he told me that Santa wasn't go to ever come from the north pole and that the tooth fairy was unreal.

Help me tell him that those fantasies were gifts from God;
A gift to help me draw castles in the air and then create them in real life.
A gift to help me create brilliant stories in my head and then transcribe them on paper.
A gift to help me dream without any inhibition.

Help me tell daddy that mum misses him much.
Remind him that she continues to long for his warm embrace every night,
Not the loveless hands of a robot trying to quench his thirst quick.

Tell my daddy that he hustles too much, yet, has lost touch with the people he hustles for.
#AtinukeBashorunwrites

Okontas.com

Hello Friend. Jesus loves you very much oo

(1) (Reply)

With Tears In My Eyes. New Tale From Mothers' Day / Hello Fellow Writers! Help Out / My Book Released - Black Path By Adaeze Nweke (enjee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.