Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

We Have A Lot Of Traditional Monarch In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have A Lot Of Traditional Monarch In Nigeria (514 Views)

Governor Obaseki Recommended The Dethroning Of Uromi Monarch In 2016 - Edo APC / Emeka Ihedioha Receives A Delegation Of Traditional Rulers / Buhari Meets Council Of Traditional Rulers Ahead Of Campaign Rally In Zamfara(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Have A Lot Of Traditional Monarch In Nigeria by whitebeard(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
People is it possible to reduce the number of traditional monarchs in Nigeria. There are a lot of them, can they be reduced, if possibly eliminated from our country. I know we have several traditions in our country, but who is paying these people.
Are they subject to state government ? Within a local government there can be 6 different monarchs, u see it on their vehicle plate numbers.
I understand that they are the head of different traditions, but a particular tradition having at least 30 different kings is..I don't know how to even discribe it..if feels like a joke to me anybody can just call himself king of a particular place.
And I think eliminating the traditional monarch will further national unity, I dont know much about the role of traditional monarchs in our society.
I am just thinking out loud.

Re: We Have A Lot Of Traditional Monarch In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
better let them...or else you will have communism......

they are the real owners of nigeria according to tribes...we have over 200 tribes,dont forget that...each with their own customes,kings and queens...meddling in their traditions would result in desaster....

and western nations still have monarchs too...go look in britain how many dukes and whatever they still have...
Re: We Have A Lot Of Traditional Monarch In Nigeria by Greenback: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
E be like say u want to dey perform live dance,show for market square grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Senator Asks Buhari To Step Down As Petroleum Minister / Fani-kayode Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Over Moneyā€ˇ By South Africanpolice / Buhari Mourns Drowned Secondary School Students In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.