Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Getting the right source of water for your farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Getting the right source of water for your farm (2851 Views)

Let us Make Borehole The Source Of Water For Your Farm. Contact us for Drilling / Get Your Broccoli Seeds From The Right Source / Get Your Cucumber Seeds From The Right Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
As a farmer, you need a long term plan for steady water supply. Depending on stream or well water might be risky because water from these sources might be seasonal.

Here are shots from a geophysical investigation carried out on a farm at Òwú zone Odeda L.G.A Ogun State.

Call us on 08037010771 to have your site investigated and get the right recommendations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2017
Water, as simple as it is could ruin most people's dream of making it big in Agriculture. Without talking much, I will highlight various sources of water you can depend on for your Agricultural business.

Agriculture, I hope you know I doesn't limit to crop farming, fishery, animal husbandry, poultry. The success of any one of it you are venturing into depends on your accessibility to potable water.
This is where selection of land comes in. You can't possibly want to venture into fishery and select a site around ojodu, arepo, isheri north in Ogun state. Water from this areas, be it borehole or well are highly contaminated and you might have to budget some million naira for reverse osmosis.

Without talking much, here are some possibly source of water you could rely on for your agric business.
1. Rainfall- Depending on what you intend to do, this source could be readily available for you at no cost. The set back depending on this source is that your business will have to be seasonal and you might be limited in your operation and diversification.

2. Stream/River-This source too could be readily available to you at no extra cost depending on your farm location. But be ready to save some money for mud pump/surface pump. This source too could be seasonal thereby dictating your production. In this era of global warming, you should know its availability can't be predictable.

3. Well- This source is very economical, it's advisable in a plan where funding needs to be constraint. It is not easily affected by season depending on local settings though this is unpredictable in a situation where we have global warming. It is sometimes affected by the environment thereby making it easily contaminated. Serious water analysis needs to be done to ensure its ok for use.

4. Borehole- Though expensive, the benefits of having a borehole or more on your farm is immeasurable. You won't have to worry about quality depending on area though. Your farm workers will have potable water available anytime, thereby aiding there output. Your operation will not have to depend on season. You definitely know the rest.

My advice for farmer is to always try to have at least a borehole on their farm.

You can learn more about drilling a borehole here https://www.nairaland.com/3236298/know-geophysical-investigation-borehole-drilling
Contact me for any question/advise you have on borehole drilling.
Cheers
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
happy sunday
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
My simple advise to prospecting farmers...always endeavor to check for the ground potential of the land you are planning to buy for your farming business.

You can imagine buying an acre of land at the rate between 200k -300k only getting to know later that drilling for a single borehole could cost you close to #2m. whereas in some areas, you can actually get your borehole drilled at around 150k, some 400k. The variation is not predictable so try to do your underground work first on the ground water potential.

Cheers
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
We are presently on a farm at Ajebo Obafemi Owode L. G.A. Conducting a geophysical investigation in preparation for irrigation and dry season. Call us now to book a consultation date with us. 08037010771
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
Geophysical investigation for ground water at Ajebo, Plantation farm

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2017
Don't just farm...Farm with sense. shocked

You want to know how much these plantain weigh

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 7:09am On Oct 27, 2017
Something new is cooking up in Iseyin Oyo State. It's a vegee farm.

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2017
Call us now for your borehole needs
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hello Dry Season wink
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by FastShipping: 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Larwin:
Hello Dry Season wink

Hello

We need to change that pump asap. I have a new pump to replace the one you supplied. That your pump is not strong enough to pump out water from 330 feet hole. That pump getting tired too quickly.

When can we get this done. I promised to pay you to replace it last time. So you are not doing this for free.
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
FastShipping:

Hello

We need to change that pump asap. I have a new pump to replace the one you supplied. That your pump is not strong enough to pump out water from 330 feet hole. That pump getting tired too quickly.

When can we get this done. I promised to pay you to replace it last time. So you are not doing this for free.

Oh good. Can we plan it towards this coming Tuesday?
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by FastShipping: 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
Larwin:

Oh good. Can we plan it towards this coming Tuesday?

You have to be sure of date. You know you don't keep your word. If you choose a date and not show up, that is a problem for me. The plumber and contractor need to be on site on the day you're coming there. Getting those people to come there and you don't show up won't be a good idea.

The house is set and needs water.

1 Like

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
FastShipping:

You have to be sure of date. You know you don't keep your word. If you choose a date and not show up, that is a problem for me. The plumber and contractor need to be on site on the day you're coming there. Getting those people to come there and you don't show up won't be a good idea.

The house is set and needs water.

Yeah let's work towards Tuesday 10am. I ll cancel all engagement to meet up.

Thanks
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by FastShipping: 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
Larwin:

Yeah let's work towards Tuesday 10am. I ll cancel all engagement to meet up.

Thanks

Let me discuss it with the team and get back to you tomorrow morning.
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
FastShipping:

Let me discuss it with the team and get back to you tomorrow morning.

OK sire
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by shegman222: 6:03am On Nov 05, 2017
Bro hope you no forget our meeting on Monday.
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2017
shegman222:
Bro hope you no forget our meeting on Monday.

OK sire, please 8 am in the morning. I must return back.
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Konquest: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2017
Larwin:
As a farmer, you need a long term plan for steady water supply. Depending on stream or well water might be risky because water from these sources might be seasonal.

Here are shots from a geophysical investigation carried out on a farm at Òwú zone Odeda L.G.A Ogun State.

Call us on[b] 08060288869 [/b]to have your site investigated and get the right recommendations.

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=Konquest post=62542154][/quote]

No audio
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 9:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Happy new month wink
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Happy Shiloh Sunday wink
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year, it's gonna be a great one cheesy
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
wink
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
Happy new month.... It's gonna be a great one wink
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
Happy New Week
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2018
Hello
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
wink

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
wink...

Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by chukzonwa(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
Do you whatsapp ?
Would love to make enquiry on the borehole drilling
Though I need d service here in the east but I need ur advise
Re: Getting the right source of water for your farm by Larwin(m): 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
chukzonwa:
Do you whatsapp ?
Would love to make enquiry on the borehole drilling
Though I need d service here in the east but I need ur advise

Ailt I ll contact you shortly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feeding Your Fishes With Crayfish And Indomie, How True? / PALM OIL / Onions Are Available in Kano State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.