Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips (774 Views)

Concept Groups Interview Interview Questions And Salary Range / Interview! Interview!! Interview!!! / Exclusive Job Vacancies & Interview Tips! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by SamUtaji: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Getting a job in this part of the world is one of the most difficult challenges facing the young population today. This is largely because of the limited jobs available. To get a job, one must go through interview which is an opportunity for both parties to get to know more about each other.

In an interview, there are three major objectives that job seekers have to know in order to succeed for a job interview. These objectives include:

1. The interviewer wants to determine if you are competent for the position being offered
2. To Identify the best candidate
3. Interviewer may want to know how much you know about the company you are applying for: Learn as much as you can upfront about the position and company

With these objectives in mind, you are just few steps away from succeeding for a job interview as these objectives will guide you on HOW TO SUCCEED FOR A JOB INTERVIEW. Here are some tips that will help you succeed for a job interview:

Preparation: There is no venture in life that will succeed without adequate preparation. To succeed in a job interview, you have to prepare adequately. This will give you confidence and boldness during a job interview. Area of preparation include familiarise yourself with your CV (and other require credentials), research on the organisation, research on the job, think about a wide range of interview questions and prepare the answers, prepare for you weaknesses and strength answers etc,

Make an Impression: Most interviews can land you job in between the first 60 seconds of the interview because it is often said that the interviewer makes up their mind within 30 seconds of you walking through the door and then spends the rest of the interview justifying that decision. As such you have to make a very good impression from start to finish of any interview. The person interviewing you will be looking for qualities that demonstrate your ability to do a good job, but they also want to find out if you hold similar values to them, so:

1. Dress code: Make sure that your appearance is clean, smart and business-like, even if the company has a dress down policy.
2. Be alert: Smile and try to relax as soon as possible.
3. Maintain eye contact throughout the process, but break your gaze away when starting to formulate your answer. It shows you’re thinking carefully.
4. Listen carefully to the information you are given and the questions you are asked and nod to show that you’re listening. Show interest in what the interviewer is saying and try not to fidget.
5. Don’t criticise former employers or colleagues as this will reflect badly on you.
6. Don’t interrupt or argue with the interviewer.
7. Try to avoid any irritating mannerisms, such as playing with a pen, tapping on the desk, chewing gum, swinging about in your chair and so on.

Putting the above into practice will surely land you a job when and where you least expected

http://www.careersnig.com/2017/09/30/succeed-job-interview/

1 Like

Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by BiafranBushBoy: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Interviews...

I think every job seeker should read the book called "Sales Dog"

All we do at interviews is to sell ourselves. If you can't sell yourself to an interviewer, then how do you get a job?

The book will explain better.
Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by Surulady: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Interviews...

I think every job seeker should read the book called "Sales Dog"

All we do at interviews is to sell ourselves. If you can't sell yourself to an interviewer, then how do you get a job?

The book will explain better.
pls how can I get it or do u have the soft copy I really need it
Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by BiafranBushBoy: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
Surulady:
pls how can I get it or do u have the soft copy I really need it

I don't know if you can get the soft copy. I only have the hard copy.

1 Like

Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by Baker77: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I don't know if you can get the soft copy. I only have the hard copy.
what's the name of the author?
Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by BiafranBushBoy: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Baker77:
what's the name of the author?

Blair Singer
Re: How To Succeed In A Job Interview – Interview Tips by fcacfc(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
pls Biafra boy
is the book sales dog all about job stuff
.and pls aw much do you get it
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Administrative Assistant Job Vacancy At PWC / / United Bank OF Africa Latest Job Recruitment 2017 (2 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.