Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari (435 Views)

Disquiet In PDP As Jonathan Loses Senatorial District To Sylva, APC / Disquiet In PDP As Jonathan Loses Senatorial District To Sylva, APC / Presidency Reacts As Jonathan Is 'ashamed' Nigeria’s Now Cited As Bad Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari by ProfCyber(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Mrs. Patience Jonathan has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to treat her the way her husband, former President Goodluck Jonathan, treated Aisha Buhari when he (President Buhari) lost the 2011 presidential election.

Patience, who is under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said this in a statement by her Chief Press Secretary, Belema Meshack-Hart, on Monday.

The former first lady said she was being probed because of the prominent role she played during the build-up to the 2015 elections.

Patience had described Buhari who was the then presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress as a brain-dead man.

She said whatever happened during the election should not be a reason to persecute her.

Mrs. Jonathan, therefore, called on Buhari to caution the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, against harassing her.

She said Buhari should take a cue from the United States President, Donald Trump, who did not go after Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, despite the fact that she campaigned against Trump.

The statement read in part, “We believe that she is being systematically persecuted and punished because of her unflinching support for her husband during the 2015 elections.

“President Buhari should be reminded that his wife also supported him in all the elections he contested against her husband, former President Jonathan, but Dr. Jonathan did not at any point in time, carry out personal vendetta or go after Buhari’s wife.
lalasticlala.Mynd44
Re: Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari by LUGBE: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari by Tolexander: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2017
ProfCyber:
Mrs. Patience Jonathan has asked President Muhammadu
Buhari to treat her the way her husband, former President
Goodluck Jonathan, treated Aisha Buhari when he (President
Buhari) lost the 2011 presidential election.

Patience, who is under investigation by the Economic and
Financial Crimes Commission, said this in a statement by her
Chief Press Secretary, Belema Meshack-Hart, on Monday.

The former first lady said she was being probed because of the
prominent role she played during the build-up to the 2015
elections.

Patience had described Buhari who was the then presidential
candidate of the All Progressives Congress as a brain-dead
man.

She said whatever happened during the election should not be
a reason to persecute her.

Mrs. Jonathan, therefore, called on Buhari to caution the acting
Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, against harassing
her.

She said Buhari should take a cue from the United States
President, Donald Trump, who did not go after Barack
Obama’s wife, Michelle, despite the fact that she campaigned
against Trump.

The statement read in part, “We believe that she is being
systematically persecuted and punished because of her
unflinching support for her husband during the 2015 elections.

“President Buhari should be reminded that his wife also
supported him in all the elections he contested against her
husband, former President Jonathan, but Dr. Jonathan did not
at any point in time, carry out personal vendetta or go after
Buhari’s wife.

source?
Re: Treat Me As Jonathan Treated Aisha, Patience Tells Buhari by Mynd44: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2017

(1)

Why Nigeria Should Embrace Restructuring / "You’re Sabotaging Made In Aba Effort With Your Sponsorship Of Biafra Agitation / Igbos Are Highly Misunderstood By Many People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.