Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Sky Digital In Nigeria - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Sky Digital In Nigeria (14126 Views)

Cccam / Gshare Acct Hotbird 13E, Hispasat 30.0W, Sky Uk On Astra28e, Dishtv 100e / Sport24 HD (sky) / Eurobird1 _28.2e_ Sky Uk _free Tv_ Outweighs Nilesat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sky Digital In Nigeria by lacicrips(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2010
Sky Digital, UK.

Anybody know when this will come to Nigeria or if its already available?
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by olabisi75(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2010
What i can say about that is that i think loveworld is moving to the satellite hosting Sky uk and that should be Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E. what i don't know for now is the type of dish that will be use to point to this bird but i want to try with a 90cm since its right above w7 and its KU
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by badaru1(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2010
It depends on your location u can get sky uk in naija. in thr northern part,1.8m is used. with 3m in lagos u can get it
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by olabisi75(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2010
badaru1:

It depends on your location u can get sky uk in naija. in thr northern part,1.8m is used. with 3m in lagos u can get it

Is it the same location as GTV and why is it that you will be needing 3m to get it in lagos area.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by GeorgeD1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2010
olabisi75:

What i can say about that is that i think loveworld is moving to the satellite hosting Sky uk and that should be Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E. what i don't know for now is the type of dish that will be use to point to this bird but i want to try with a 90cm since its right above w7 and its KU

loveworld is on astra 2b now. they're on the infinity package.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by olabisi75(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2010
George_D:

i am on that bird but am finding it difficult to get infinity as the frequency am using is not turning green so what frequency should be used and what other frequency can one use on this bird.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 28, 2010
Sky lailai. Lagos 5/6metres whilst in north 3m. I tried with 3m in 2006 To no avail in lag.Ask someone else
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by microgiant: 8:17am On Mar 29, 2010
lacicrips:

Sky Digital, UK.

Anybody know when this will come to Nigeria or if its already available?

I suspect they are the Free2View guys on Sirius4, same as sky Free2View or Freeview pay once watch free forever. http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html, for the free channels you need a sky card to watch same as Free2view on sirius
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by olabisi75(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2010
George_D:

Is anyone watching loveworld now as i am on astra 2b but i still don't have infinity yet. so what frequency do one use
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by microgiant: 11:57am On Mar 29, 2010
olabisi75:

i am on that bird but am finding it difficult to get infinity as the frequency am using is not turning green so what frequency should be used and what other frequency can one use on this bird.

olabisi75:

Is anyone watching loveworld now as i am on astra 2b but i still don't have infinity yet. so what frequency do one use

see this thread for reply to your question: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357272.32.html

you are posting in a different thread, if you want quick response always post questions in appropriate thread
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by badaru1(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
toba:

Sky lailai. Lagos 5/6metres whilst in north 3m. I tried with 3m in 2006 To no avail in lag.Ask someone else
'

Dont argue what you dont know,becouse you tried in 2006 and couldnt get doesnt mean is not possible. I watched sky uk in the north with 1.8. Am also sure that with 3m you can get them in lagos. Is only some very few tps that moves in nigeria. For some reason I will not disclose them here. Take for example,I used 1.5m to get nile in the north,while with 2m I still got some nile tps in lagos.

Before now people argued that u cant get nile in lagos with 2m dish. But today even with 1.8m u can get nile in lagos. So instalation depends on the technical knowledge of the installer.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by GeorgeD1(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
good work, badaru.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by obnelly: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2010
yes sky digital uk is possible.signal is low like 46% but it still show no cracking or freezing .
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2010
has anyone tried Astra 1h? its in the same 28degress with sky. Its a german package with plenty football
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by saintchyco: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
can any one help me install this in Abuja
and what do i need to do this installation ?
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by twinskenny(m): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2010
i am not sure if we can receive astra 1h in dis part of the country
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2010
Interesting that Sky TV can be received in Nigeria.

Is this with a regular Euro / UK dish / LNB, and Euro / UK decoder?

In the same vein, can a Nigerian system (let's say DSTV dish, decoder and LNB) be used to good effect in the UK?
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2010
^nope. the minimum dish size for sky is from 1.8m up to 5m where necessary. 1.8m is like x2 of dstv. u'll need a satellite receiver other than dstv decoder
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Boss13: 1:04am On Oct 29, 2013
Is this still possible? I am currently in my friend's house and he is watching dstv channels (HD) for free. He also told me with a big dish I can get sky channels for free.

I want to know how possible.
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Boss13: Is this still possible? I am currently in my friend's house and he is watching dstv channels (HD) for free. He also told me with a big dish I can get sky channels for free.

I want to know how possible.

weird.

you should have asked him na.

you left the person who is your friend and who has something u want to know about live in front of you to come and be asking us who probably dont have any idea of what you are saying?

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by Boss13: 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
4llerbuntu:

weird.

you should have asked him na.

you left the person who is your friend and who has something u want to know about live in front of you to come and be asking us who probably dont have any idea of what you are saying?

undecided undecided

My friend doesn't have a big dish. He uses the 90cm plus a strong decoder to watch free dstv channels including HD. He just hinted it to me. One of the disadvantage is that he has to wait especially for the HD channels to come up and the channels can go off at any time.

He also directed me to nairaland for more info. I am really interested in the sky channels especially the HD channels

1 Like

Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by asmuktar: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hi. I am looking for an installer that can track Sky digital in Kaduna please.
contact me on asmuktar@gmail.com
Re: Sky Digital In Nigeria by dhivhadas1: 10:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
I bought a sky Q decoder box with remote and working well as a tokunbo product.what do I need to get it connected to my tv.i don't have the power cable.

(1) (Reply)

Aljazeera On FTA / Buy Fairly Used 2.4 Meter Dish And 1.8 Meter Dish. / Multi Tv Channels Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.