Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

"Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court (28411 Views)

Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG / Diezani Begs Court To Order AGF To Bring Her Back To Nigeria / Senate Begin Plans To Force AGF To Free Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Omooba77: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to compel the Attorney General of the Federation to bring her back to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, where she travelled to shortly after leaving office in 2015.

She said she would like to appear in court in Nigeria to defend a criminal charge bordering on alleged laundering of N450m, where her name was mentioned.

The main defendants in the charge are a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Dele Belgore; and a former Minister of National Planning, Prof. Abubakar Suleiman.

Belgore and Suleiman were charged before Justice Rilwan Aikawa for allegedly collecting N450m from Diezani and laundering same in the build-up to the 2015 general elections.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which filed the charges, claimed that the N450m was part of a sum of $115m which Diezani allegedly doled out to compromise the 2015 general elections.

The SAN and the professor were arraigned on five counts, wherein Diezani’s name was mentioned, but she was declared as being “at large.”

At the resumed proceedings in the case on Tuesday, one Obinna Onya, a lawyer from Abuja, appeared before Justice Aikawa with an application seeking the joining of Diezani as one of the defendants in the charge.

The application, filed pursuant to Section 36(1),(5),(6 (a)-(e) of the Constitution and sections 216 (1) (2) (3) (4); and 217 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015, sought an amendment to the charges against Belgore and Suleiman, so as to join Diezani as one of the defendants.

The lawyer contended that contrary to the declaration by the EFCC that Diezani was at large, the former minister was in the UK and was willing to return to Nigeria so that she could appear in court to take her plea and defend the charges..

The lawyer argued that since Diezani’s name had been mentioned in the charge, it would be against her right to fair hearing for the case to proceed without affording her the opportunity to defend herself.

“The statement made by the prosecution means that the applicant (Diezani) is going to be convicted without being given the opportunity to defend herself,” Onya told Justice Aikawa.

The application prayed for an order “mandating the Attorney General of the Federation, being the agent of the complainant, to facilitate the prompt appearance of the applicant in court on the next adjourned date, to take her plea and to defend the allegations made against her in counts 1, 2,3 and 4 of the charge, numbered FHC/L/35c/2017.”

Onya urged Justice Aikawa to hear and determine the application before proceeding with the case on Tuesday.

But the prosecuting counsel for the EFCC, Rotimi Oyedepo, opposed him, saying the application was not ripe for hearing, as he had yet to be served.

However, Onya told the court that he had attempted to serve Oyedepo on Tuesday morning on the court premises but that the prosecutor declined, adding that his effort to serve the application at the EFCC office on Friday was also frustrated.

But Oyedepo advised him to go and serve the application at the registry of the EFCC, assuring him that the application would be accepted.

Responding, Justice Aikawa said the court could not entertain the application until all the parties had been properly served.

Meanwhile, the trial proceeded with the second witness for the EFCC, Usman Zakari, continuing his testimony.

Through the witness, Oyedepo tendered two letters written to the EFCC in relation to the case Standard Charted Bank Nigeria Limited and Guaranty Trust Bank.

The court admitted the two letters as exhibits in evidence against the defendants.

However, Oyedepo’s attempt to tender a trail of electronic mail communication between Diezani and the Managing Director of Fidelity Bank was resisted by the defence counsel, Mr. Ebun Shofunde (SAN) and Olatunji Ayanlaja (SAN).

They contended that the document was not admissible as, according to them, it did not meet the requirement of the Evidence Act.

Oyedepo sought an adjournment to counter the objection by the defence.

Justice Aikawa adjourned till Wednesday, October 4 for continuation of trial.

In the charges, Sulaiman, a professor of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Abuja; and Belgore, a former governorship aspirant in Kwara State, were accused of conspiring between themselves to commit the offence on March 27, 2015.

The duo were accused of making a cash transaction of N450m on March 27, 2015, without going through any financial institution.

But they pleaded “not guilty” to the charges. ‎

http://punchng.com/breaking-order-agf-to-bring-me-back-to-nigeria-diezani-tells-court/
Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by biacan(f): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mam you're a saint if the likes of TINIBU, AMACHI, SARAKI......e.t.c....are working around the street of Nigeria freely then why can't you......buhari free this woman Biko

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Celcius: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
How did she travel? Presidential Order?
Madam you know road.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Paperwhite(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nwgwaanu propaganda APC government over to you guys.Shebi Buhari was so obsessed with "fighting corruption"that his government planned the failed extradition of Umuru Dikko in 1984 from London? Now why have the EFCC filed a suit challenging that Deziani Allison Madueke should not be allowed to return to Nigeria to challenged all their propaganda media trial? Enough of this trial as it has not better our national life.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Tolexander: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to compel the Attorney General of the Federation to bring her back to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, where she travelled to shortly after leaving office in 2015.
While she was embarking on the journey across the Sahara desert and Mediterranean sea to avoid the sledge hammer of the Nigerian antigraft law, did she have to request for the urge of the Lagos Federal High Court to compel the Attorney General of the Federation for the journey?

She thought London was a perfect asylum, not knowing it will eventually be from the frying pan to fire.

One would think the Charlie Boy protesting group, "Our Mumudon Do", backed by the PDP media guy, Deji Adeyanju, clamouring for the deportation of Alison Maduekwe to face the corruption charges against her in Nigeria, was a love for our nation. Not knowing that it was just a way to help the woman to escape the ill fate ready to befall her in London.

I don't pray this woman comes home, I prefer her being "IBORIed" in London.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by biacan(f): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Tolexander post=61069219][/quote]
You better behave
Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Ekwensu101: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
All to keep delaying this case. Justice must come to bear; if you like delay it with unnecessary applications like this one.
Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by yarimo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
So that you will bring dubious lawyers like MIKE OZEKHOME, KANU AGABI and JOSEPH DAUDU abi? grin grin

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by MaziOmenuko: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lol...the case in UK is choking her. She has seen that the UK courts will soon convict her she wants to come back home to see if she can bribe her way out through the judiciary. Unfortunately, the UK courts has restricted her movements out of the UK so she can face the music squarely. She cant leave the UK unless the Nigerian government demands for her officially.

Now she wants to arm-twist the Nigerian Government into ordering her home so she can evade justice in UK. Madam, no worry. Stay in UK and face the music like Ibori did. When they are thru with you, we will request that they bring back whatever is left of you so you can face the music here also. And we still dont have enough facilities to threat cancer, so enjoy your medical vacation.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by NOC1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
since AGF did not send her to UK, SGF has no right to bring her back.

with her two legs, two eyes, one nose, two hands, two breast, one vagina, fat bank alert etc she vamoused to UK, let her carry herself back in peace again.

her plan of hiring Ozekhome as chief legal representative will not work, hiring FFK as chief Town crier, IPOB as social media warlords, Fayose chief chest beater, Asari as Town crier in diaspora etc. hoha it will not work mbanu chukwu ekwela.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by saintvc(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
she no get transport money

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by ProWalker: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
She want to come back to Nigeria so that the judges that freed Ibori in Nigeria will always be available for her to purchase too?
Madam, you enter plane, dem stop you or your Nigerian passport is with the FG?
Nonsense useless woman.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by seunmsg(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
She should finish her case in UK and USA before returning to Nigeria. We can wait till they are done with her, no point hurrying back home when she still has issues to trash out over there.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Tolexander: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
biacan:

You better behave
You need the holy water from my scrotal bag?

2 Likes

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by biacan(f): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tolexander:
You need the holy water from my scrotal bag?

You need it more than I do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Tolexander: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
biacan:

You need it more than I do
I am the producer, I you wanna be part of the consumers, free feel to speak up. I am magnanimous enough to give u!

1 Like

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by ourema(f): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...the case in UK is choking her. She has seen that the UK courts will soon convict her she wants to come back home to see if she can bribe her way out through the judiciary. Unfortunately, the UK courts has restricted her movements out of the UK so she can face the music squarely. She cant leave the UK unless the Nigerian government demands for her officially.

Now she wants to arm-twist the Nigerian Government into ordering her home so she can evade justice in UK. Madam, no worry. Stay in UK and face the music like Ibori did. When they are thru with you, we will request that they bring back whatever is left of you so you can face the music here also. And we still dont have enough facilities to threat cancer, so enjoy your medical vacation.
Which of the two national courts UK or Nigeria will she likely to have fair hearing and judgement is it the one in UK or the one in Nigeria that she is already guilty.

Please reason small na!

Recall in Nigeria she is already guilty of stealing several trillions of naira already.

4 Likes

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by spartan117(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
I smell kuje

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
Bring back our girls sorry Diezani
Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by wellmax(m): 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
She wants free flight or what?
Madam, come by yourself oo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Greenthumb(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Madam Diezani

One word: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by ipobarecriminals: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
sad she knw dat our judiciary here are sick

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by free2ryhme: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
How did she travel in the first place?

Was it by order

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by NigerDeltan(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
grin
Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by free2ryhme: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
This criminal still get mouth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
She must suffer the same fate as Ibori

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Order AGF To Bring Me Back To Nigeria", Diezani Tells Court by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
They will never allow her to come back to defend her self instead prefer to judge her on pages of news paper
Corruption has no shame in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State Honors Jonathan, Patience, Odili, Omehia As Wike Decorates Them / Pat Utomi Condemns Conduct Of Labour Party Lawmakers / Alex Nwankwo 'Alexreports' Emerges Anambra Accord Party Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.