Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday (43762 Views)

Meet Joseph Frost Of London: Wizkid’s $1.2m Iced Wristwatch Customizer / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks / Wizkid Shades Davido At Royal Albert Hall, London: We Don't Want Any Funny Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by vikajef(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
TRUTH2020:
WHO WIZID EPP?NA MY THE POCKET THE MONEY GO DAY??NEXT............

Hater grin
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by Pain(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
No Wonder the World Calls Us NoiseMakers. We Keep Blowing Things Out of Proportion angry
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by funmise007(m): 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
Oh ye children of hates beefs get sense in the name of God .and cause not unnecessary fight BTW Nigerian born wizkid and Atlanta born davido..for Christ sake they rep their father land..so why the rant on who's Boss
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by Pelebabaagba(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
I'm not a hater ooo.. But I'm still yet to understand how he made history... He's he the first Nigirian to sing there ni abi what is the Making History all about?
Somebody should please quote me and explain.. Once again I'm not a hater. I'm just curious. Thanks
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Was wizkid the only musician billed to sing there?
Why una sabi lie like this

Yes he was the only one. I actually attended and bought my ticket, it was only WizKid's name on the advertisement and my ticket.

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by free2ryhme: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

Yes he was the only one. I actually attended and bought my ticket, it was only WizKid's name on the advertisement and my ticket.

Was it advertised online undecided
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by monlawal(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
It is not about the capacity of the hall, it is more of the prestige attached to it. For Whizkid to sell out a prestigious place is remarkable. If it was a stadium in Senegal or Lagos, it would not be talked about
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Pelebabaagba:
I'm not a hater ooo.. But I'm still yet to understand how he made history... He's he the first Nigirian to sing there ni abi what is the Making History all about?
Somebody should please quote me and explain.. Once again I'm not a hater. I'm just curious. Thanks

He is the first African artist to headline a sold out show at the Royal Albert Hall.

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Was it advertised online undecided

I saw it on the side of the Royal Albert Hall. It was also on their website and online. There is even an article about it in the Guardian Newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/01/wizkid-review-royal-albert-hall-london

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by free2ryhme: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

I saw it on the side of the Royal Albert Hall. It was also on their website and online. There is even an article about it in the Guardian Newspaper.

Point us to the link
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Point us to the link

It's added above.
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by free2ryhme: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

It's added above.

I will add my comment
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
hanassholesolo:
I thought they said only Nigerians came for the show? There are so many white people in that picture

There were plenty of White people male and female as well as Asians and Arabs.
The girl next to me flew in from Paris just for the concert.
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by free2ryhme: 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

There were plenty of White people male and female as well as Asians and Arabs.
The girl next to me flew in from Paris just for the concert.

Is Paris far from london?

They are next door neighbours

Don't exaggerate this
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by free2ryhme: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/01/wizkid-review-royal-albert-hall-london

Bros

Meanwhile, UK-born Nigerians Skepta and Tinie Tempah are here, unofficially representing the western stars – Drake, French Montana, Ty Dolla $ign, et al – with whom Wizkid has collaborated.

Advertisement
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Is Paris far from london?

They are next door neighbours

Don't exaggerate this

It's far to go for a concert. She flew in a plane and does not even speak English yet she was singing all the words even in Yoruba. I most definitely would not fly to Paris for a concert. If you were in London would you?

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Bros

Meanwhile, UK-born Nigerians Skepta and Tinie Tempah are here, unofficially representing the western stars – Drake, French Montana, Ty Dolla $ign, et al – with whom Wizkid has collaborated.

Advertisement

They never performed. I was there from beginning to end the only other person to perform was Wande Coal with one song Iskaba because of the support he gave WizKid in the early days. Please find footage of any of them performing then. If they did it would be on the net...would it not?

Mate I was there.

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by internationalman(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
majamajic:
WIZZY is now moving in with the level of bob marley ..lucky dube...fela...

Live band full night performance. ... no hyperman backing ... no lip syncing.

He is now the best in Africa
u must b very stupid with this ur comment.
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by freshboy31: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Share a picture from the history show

With the crowds at the background

Una dey lie
wetin you dey talk...... since i just the look you guy..... bross na only wizkid perform for the show and the show was sold-out mahn

2 Likes

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by 1metre: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
flawlessT:
Places like this are meant for stars alone
not only for stars, anyone can visit there. It's in kesington gore uk.
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by IamOpemipo(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

Bros

B
Advertisement

Oga go Google and make your findings since you are bent on discrediting the whole thing, I've been seeing ya comment, the Londoner guy was mature enuff to give you evidence and said he was there yet u twisting things, y pple get bad Belle like this.

Wizkid sang for straight two hours, wande coal was the only guest artist and sang barley for 10minutes, this show was sold out two days bfor it happened. It was streamed live, it's been uploaded on youtube as well for people who cldnt catch up..

2 Likes

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by IamOpemipo(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
londoner:

They never performed. I was there from beginning to end the only other person to perform was Wande Coal with one song Iskaba because of the support he gave WizKid in the early days. Please find footage of any of them performing then. If they did it would be in the net...would it not?

Mate I was there.

You get time o
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
1metre:
not only for stars, anyone can visit there. It's in kesington gore uk.

I think he is talking about performing there. Do you know the people that have graced that stage ? I am in no way saying WizKid is as big or talented but all the top classical artists and orchestras. Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Jay Z, Elton John to name a few.
President's have spoken on that very stage including Mandela.

Even as an artist it is a big deal to have performed there let alone headline and to have sold all tickets.

This is not a venue without prestige, it was opened by Queen Victoria herself for her husband Albert because he loved the arts.

I'm not really understanding why people want to downplay this feat.

3 Likes

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by londoner: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
IamOpemipo:

You get time o

So do you though lol.

When God actually lifts someone up beyond what they can imagine for themselves it should be noted and celebrated. From Ojuelegba hustling and grinding to stages where presidents have stood.

It's enough to inspire hope in those that are about to give up.

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by adims96(m): 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
uhmmm...

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by Olifiz(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
ItchingPreek:
Unibuja lecture all

ETF
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by jonbat(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
how e take b news

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by Temysteve(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
pinkcottoncandy:
Too much noise

What is the capacity when full =5,272

Toy number

the capacity can be small but to perform there na connecting from the royal families of England let alone singlehandedly holding a concert there. Abeg applaud the $t@rbo¥ for that.

1 Like

Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by seguno2: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
designer01:
Davido and his fans rit now

Any black person with sense should be like that since we have been unable to build or even maintain anything 10% as big and beautiful as that.
Don't you agree?
Do you know any black person with sense?
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by Topestbilly(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
whitebeard:
o really..!! Well what's her moniker.?

Yeah! Badaoyeyemi
Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by holuwajobar(m): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kaxmytex:
The thread go cause another wizkid-davido palava nw. ..

Anyways, my verdict..

Davido----frog master
Wizkid-----repetition master

I no wan hear any noise again o...

Go and listen to davido "fall" , then you wil knw d repetition master

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 Cent Slams Nigerian Man Who Asked Him A Question On Instagram / Fans Scrambling To Touch Peter-P'square In Ohio-US (Photos) / Banky W Advises Wizkid And Davido On Their Current Feud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.