Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

FPP Protect Pregnant Victim Of Domestic Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FPP Protect Pregnant Victim Of Domestic Violence (426 Views)

FPP Condemn Reckless Remarks By Political Parties And Foreign Interests / Fpp’s Vote Not Fight Campaign Ahead Of 2019 Election Get A Morale Boost / Trending Video Of Extrajudicial Killings By Soldiers Unfortunate, Says FPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FPP Protect Pregnant Victim Of Domestic Violence by bilms(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
FPP protect pregnant victim of domestic violence

It was on Sunday, 1st October 2017 in the afternoon that a married woman named Saratu Abubakar reported her husband, Abubakar Muhammad to the Vice Chairman of Nassarawa Elders Forum, Mallam Auwal Danladi over a small misunderstanding between them.

The woman, who is carrying a 6 months pregnancy alleged that her husband is used to assaulting her, which she find unbearable.

It was a coincidence that the Northeast Director of Foundation For Peace Professionals (FPP), Mr. Alkasim Aliyu and the Asst. P.R.O of FPP in Jos, Plateau state were present when the woman was narrating her story.

"My husband assaulted me over a small misunderstanding we had and I'm carrying a 6 months pregnancy. He mercilessly beats me and injured my face, right now he is at home" she said.

Mr. Alkasim instantly requested for the husband's contact and called him to know his whereabout, but the husband claimed that he wasn't nearby, whereas, the wife said she left him at home. After brief investigation about the FPP, the wife was taken to a nearby clinic for treatment and the husband was arrested by the police.

The Assistant Commissioner of Police Plateau state, ACP Grema and the D P O of Nassarawa Gwong assisted greatly in the peaceful resolution of the matter and we appreciate their prompt response.

This report will not be complete without acknowledging the kind gesture of PHC clinic Filing ball, for understanding the critical condition of the woman and treated her even without police report as recently directed by the authorities.

Jamilu Abubakar
Asst. P.R.O
Foundation for Peace Professionals
Plateau state,Jos
Re: FPP Protect Pregnant Victim Of Domestic Violence by bilms(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
angry

(1) (Reply)

Domination Or Marginalisation / Senate Considers Scrapping Post UTME In Nigerian Universities / Biafra: Bishop Kukah Denies Comments On IPOB.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.