Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University (729 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / After 5 Years Of Failure,Lady Rejoices As She Gets Admitted Into University.PICS / UNILAG: Girl Got Admitted On Merit Having Scored Zero In Post Utme Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University by Abdullahi1994: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
It all started after I have graduated from secondary school as the best student. Expectations were high. I had a great score in my UTME. Here comes the time to go ‘kill’ the post UTME and once more, shine. But life doesn’t always give us what we want or what we think we deserve. Long story short” I failed. I failed the post UTME. It was the post UTME of my most preferred school then. No one expected this from me not my parent, not my teachers, not my mentors, not even me.
I can’t fully rejoice when my friends started getting admission. Not that I don’t want to rejoice with them, but the feeling of being left alone, being left out of the game was what kept me from doing so. I suffer the pain for a whole year. I must tell you, I tried, I tried gaining admission into any school. I even tried to gain admission to a remedial program so as not to be left behind. But the truth was, my parent don’t have the cash to pay for the exorbitant fees. So, I am back to where I started. Which means I had to wait for another year to try. The fear now is if I will be able to perform better, if history is not going to repeat itself. But I kept doing what I know how to do: I read and pray.
Here comes another year, here comes another opportunity for me to get it right. I have to get it right. So I put in all my effort hoping to have the highest score in UTME across the whole country for that year. But no, my score was less than the previous year, which means I score less than 300 I was disappointed and scared as I think my performance is getting low. How do I expect to perform better in post UTME this time? When I can’t even make a better UTME score. But this time, I manage to make it above the average post UTME score, but I still have the fear. If you are like me, you’ve probably heard the story of a guy who had 90% in his post UTME but was denied admission. What hope do I have? When my score is not even close. Again I did what I know how to do: I pray.
To be continued..
Narrated by: Alao Tope Abdullahi
Brought to you by: www.offkrent.com …finding hostel with ease

1 Like

Re: The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University by oldfoolnigger(m): 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
shocked
Re: The Story Of How I Got Admitted Into My Choice University by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 04, 2017
Indeed!

(1) (Reply)

EKSU 2017/18 Merit [1st Batch] Admission List Out Online / UNIUYO accommodation For Newly Admitted Students / 2018 Jamb Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.