Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

**VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? (889 Views)

Cheapest Auto Insurance In Nigeria Today / Cost Of Car Insurance In Nigeria -honda Civic 1.8 Brand New / Car Insurance In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Jucol(m): 12:10am On Mar 08, 2010
Hello house!
Is there any solid insurance coverage for these clean and sweet rides on our streets? What happens in the event of theft or accident? Have you personally benefited from having an insurance cover for your car?  Or have you per adventure come across person wey sabi person wey sabi another person wey insurance company don pay before? If so, how long did it take?
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by pappilo(m): 2:37am On Mar 08, 2010
I have a friend who managed to write off a brand new Jetta after only 29 days of ownership in 2008. His insurance company paid him 75% of the purchase price. It took about 3 months for them to pay up.

I cant remember any of our cars being repaired by an insurance company when I was younger. Even when my dad's 1 year old Pug 505 was stolen in '87, it was never replaced even though we always had insurance with NICON. I am not sure if the policies were comprehensive though, maybe just 3rd party.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On Mar 08, 2010
I thought they said the insurance in Nigeria has been overhauled and now function well?
Please note that the insurance coy dont pay the purchased price for a ride, but the book value as determined by the writter.
Sometimes, you might get more money based on the effizzy that you have added to your ride.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by johnkent(m): 5:14am On Mar 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I thought they said the insurance in Nigeria has been overhauled and now function well?
Please note that the insurance coy dont pay the purchased price for a ride, but the book value as determined by the writter.
Sometimes, you might get more money based on the effizzy that you have added to your ride.

You dont get nothing more because of the effizzy u added to ur car. The insurance company will only pay the blue book value of the car. if you had $5,000 rims on it, thats ur problem and not their's.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Jucol(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hmmmmmmmm! Getting 75% of purchase price after about a month thats not bad. Bearing in mind the car depreciates in Value as soon as you drive it out of the shop. And then getting the cash in three months ( Naija factor in mind), your guy must have be lucky. Why not recommend that insurance firm to guys in the house.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
johnkent:

You dont get nothing more because of the effizzy u added to your car. The insurance company will only pay the blue book value of the car. if you had $5,000 rims on it, thats your problem and not their's.

When i said effizzy, aint talking about those kinda, i am talking about security effizzy . . . grin
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by harpo(m): 12:36am On Jul 27, 2012
Go with GTAssur for the best rate, best in the country

call 08033394988, 08099451540

Insurance works because there are comapnies like mine that have chosen to do things right

call me
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by osculate(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2012
Does GT aasur still exist, tot the name was changed recently?
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by harpo(m): 6:16am On Jul 28, 2012
Yes they just changed d name but d old name will make it easier to recognize d coy For now
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Benez: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2012
Insurance really works in Nigeria. I have spent more than 15 years in dis industry and I cannot count d number of claims cheques I have signed. Yes I agree with u dat it is not all claims that r settled. They might not have been settled or fully settled because of d following:

1. If d amount claimed is less than d Excess
2. If d claim is not genuine e.g d plate number on our record is diff from what is in d licesing o. Office or if on our records, it is Sienna u insure but at d time of making claim, it is a nissan claim dat u brought.
3. Improper documentation or inadequate evidential documents on d part of d claimant
4. Under insurance
5. If d asset insured is used for d purpose outside d one indicated in d policy
6. If a vehicle is been driven by a minor at d point of claim.
7. Insincerity - Misrepresentation; Fraudulent or Innocent
8. Non payment of Premium

So, outside d above, I don,t see why ur claim should not be settled.

For d man dat got abt 75% of his claim, I guess he did not buy Excess and unfortunately, d universal total loss Excess rate is 10% of claim.

Kindly contact Ayodeji on 08023198878 for all ur insurance needs and clarifications.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by flexya: 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
@deji - we spoke and my credit ran out. Called u back bt no answer. u can reach me on 08038640975. That rate is still high. My policy is due end of august. If u can do 5%, fully comp, am happy 2 switch. I av four policies bt all expires at different times.
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Benez: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
I have called ur line abt thrice but u did not pick it. I have sent you a text. For cars,it it is 5% but for Trucks like urs, it is 6%. Thank you sir
Re: **VEHICLE INSURANCE IN NAIJA. Does It Really Work? by Benez: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2012
Insure your assets and life because u never can tell

(1) (Reply)

2000 And 2001 Camry From Direct Importer / 2004 Honda Accord(registered) Wit Navigation System-----1.25m / Want To Buy Car Thru Instalmental Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.