Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation (2376 Views)

Police Academy Test Admission Scandal: Governors, Senators Scheme Out Candidates / Ngige To Senators: We’re Addressing ASUU Strike Holistically / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by skimmy005: 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Every school have the right to admit candidates based on their own merit. Why don't ytou advocate for Jamb to be cancelled, not Postutme.
any of both shud be scrap
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
skimmy005:
any of both shud be scrap

Like I stated earlier, every school should have the right to evaluate her candidates before admitting them.. We all know Waec and jamb are plagued with fraudulent activities, hence it should never be the criteria for admitting students if we want a better Nigeria.

I pray a medical doctor who cheats through his ways in schools don't get to treat you in the future.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by skimmy005: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Like I stated earlier, every school should have the right to evaluate her candidates before admitting them.. We all know Waec and jamb are plagued with fraudulent activities, hence it should never be the criteria for admitting students if we want a better Nigeria.

I pray a medical doctor who cheats through his ways in schools don't get to treat you in the future.
lol ur last statement tho, dos not make sense
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
skimmy005:
lol ur last statement tho, dos not make sense

How will it make sense to stupid brain like yourself?
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by abduljabbar4(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Lmao.

The north are dullards
, don't you know that already? How did you expect the limited teachers and corpers to write candidates' papers unlike in the south where these candidates could be dictated to or given some few codes which could jut their memory immediately?

I knew this because I was once a Corper and I know the North cheat regularly but[b] what's quite funny thing[/b] is how rampant it is in the public school unlike the public schools in the south where the teachers will just ignore the students because it aint the students money that are paying their salary and they already did their best by teaching them, only if the students could study their books. But in the Northern public schools, the teachers helps to even write their paper. What a shame!

Is it not shameful that a so called "educated southerner" just typed this nonsense? How are you different from the northerners? How can someone who passed waec on his own type this rubbish? The problem with you guys is arrogance. Im very sure you are from the south east. You assume that every northerner is a sub human even though you are not better than them in any way. All your claims up there are based on assumptions and i am perfectly sure you have never been to the north before. Why? because most of the corpers and teachers in the north( i am ashamed to say)are southerners so you just caught yourself. Quit being a bigot. its stupid
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by skimmy005: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

How will it make sense to stupid brain like yourself?
cus u are always senseless
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Is it not shameful that a so called "educated southerner" just typed this nonsense? How are you different from the northerners? How can someone who passed waec on his own type this rubbish? The problem with you guys is arrogance. Im very sure you are from the south east. You assume that every northerner is a sub human even though you are not better than them in any way. All your claims up there are based on assumptions and i am perfectly sure you have never been to the north before. Why? because most of the corpers and teachers in the north( i am ashamed to say)are southerners so you just caught yourself. Quit being a bigot. its stupid

Typing errors are allowed. I can write. That can't be said for your dull northerners. You've got to thank me for spelling northerners in full here.. Lol.

Moreover, my battery is almost flat, hence the reason why I don't bother about editing or proof reading my post. But my point is quite clear. The northern students cheat more and can't even write their papers unlike those we have in he south.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
skimmy005:
cus u are always senseless

Look at this eediot.. I bet you're jittering over this year admission already. Lol. You go old for home.. You had better study. Shameless fool.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by abduljabbar4(m): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Typing errors are allowed. I can write. That can't be said for your dull northerners. You got to thank me for spelling northerners in full here.. Lol.

Moreover, my battery is almost flat, hence the reason why I don't bother about editing or proof reading my post. But my point is quite clear. The northern students cheat more and can't even write their papers unlike those we have in he south.

My friend was right when he told me to ignore this @55h0**
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by skimmy005: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Look at this eediot.. I bet you're jittering over this year admission already. Lol. You go old for home.. You had better study. Shameless fool.
lol am an undergraduate coward, baboon worthless demented nitwit, hypocrite.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by linzeze(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
It has'nt gotten to these na.We all are entitled to our various opinion.If someone else's opinion is'nt in line with yours,just make your point and stop calling names.Later all of una go claim say una be students SMH.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. I heard the last time post utme was scrapped, some fees were still payed for the screening, so what are we saying? So, why cancel postutme when fees were still required? Did you actually think the northerners are concerned about the money when it's often the rich northerners that attends secondary schools while the poor ones get married at early age or attend quaran schools? As a matter of fact, the northerners are more concerned about Postutm exams, not the fees required because same huge fees were still payed in last year screening exercise regardless of whether postutme was conducted or not.

And it's Utme that ought to be scrapped, not post utme. Utme's fee is even higher than some schools' post utme fees yet you're saying nonsense? Moreover, university should have their own merit ways of evaluating their candidates, considering the malpractices that plagued waec and utme exams.

Personally, I feel if utme is scrapped, postutme fees will be reduced because there will be increase in the number of candidates that apply in the university of their choice.

I don't support any either. No post utme, no screening fee just jamb like in the days of old
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by linzeze(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I don't support any either. No post utme, no screening fee just jamb like in the days of old
Which old days,can you compare then and now?is like you don't know the quality of education is falling each year.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
linzeze:

where exactly are you referring to as "outside"?.How many of those "outside"students seek Tertiary/university education.Scrapping POSTUME will not stop anything.I agree that schools expliot students through charges.but only WAEC or UTME isn't enough requirement to gain admission into our tertiary institutions because those seeking admissions are far above the carrying capacity.
That's not true about the carrying capacity. There are enough space just that the pressure is on public universities. Waec and utme was what used for admission right from the beginning. The only solution is to make jamb and Waec credible not writing another exam called post utme or screening
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by linzeze(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's not true about the carrying capacity. There are enough space just that the pressure is on public universities. Waec and utme was what used for admission right from the beginning. The only solution is to make jamb and Waec credible not writing another exam called post utme or screening
I still stand on what i said,the carrying capacity is too small compared to those seeking tertiary education.How many parents can afford private/state tertiary schools.Most federal schools are too competitive.Though i think your point about making JAMB and WAEC credible is still OK.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Jacktheripper: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
If you are support the scrapping of putme in the name of extortion then u have to think again. Let's use this year as a case study, Fuoye employed the points system for admission and charges #5000 while UI that will be conducting the putme charges #2700.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by INTERMAN: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Forget dat tin, most universities are using jamb questions especially English language to set their exams.
ok come and try OAU own seh
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
linzeze:

I still stand on what i said,the carrying capacity is too small compared to those seeking tertiary education.How many parents can afford private/state tertiary schools.Most federal schools are too competitive.Though i think your point about making JAMB and WAEC credible is still OK.
There are about 100 plus universities in Nigeria. The capacity is enough but the availability for fund is the issue for most parents. If you say finance no problem but capacity ,that's not true
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
linzeze:

Which old days,can you compare then and now?is like you don't know the quality of education is falling each year.
It's falling because we lay emphasis on paper. Until we get things write,we will continue to struggle in education in Nigeria. Haven't for once asked if other countries write jamb to gain admission in their respective universities?.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. I heard the last time post utme was scrapped, some fees were still payed for the screening, so what are we saying? So, why cancel postutme when fees were still required? Did you actually think the northerners are concerned about the money when it's often the rich northerners that attends secondary schools while the poor ones get married at early age or attend quaran schools? As a matter of fact, the northerners are more concerned about Postutm exams, not the fees required because same huge fees were still payed in last year screening exercise regardless of whether postutme was conducted or not.

And it's Utme that ought to be scrapped, not post utme. Utme's fee is even higher than some schools' post utme fees yet you're saying nonsense? Moreover, university should have their own merit ways of evaluating their candidates, considering the malpractices that plagued waec and utme exams.

Personally, I feel if utme is scrapped, postutme fees will be reduced because there will be increase in the number of candidates that apply in the university of their choice.

If universities allowed to conduct examination there will be a lot of exploitations. Wasn't in this forum that university charge screening fee of N10,000?
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
INTERMAN:
ok come and try OAU own seh
Oga the bottom line is that they copy jamb questions which is wrong. Ask those tutorial centres to show the way you would understand better
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by INTERMAN: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Oga the bottom line is that they copy jamb questions which is wrong. Ask those tutorial centres to show the way you would understand better
habe you done their exam before. I said OAU dont ask Jamb past question at all. OAU have their own questions. The questions are simiar to part 1 questions
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by linzeze(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There are about 100 plus universities in Nigeria. The capacity is enough but the availability for fund is the issue for most parents. If you say finance no problem but capacity ,that's not true
You are wrong sir,The carrying capacity is still small.If you are a student in any of the public university you will agree with me that the facilities are under pressure.Tertiary institutions admit more than their carrying capacity just to make money.A course/class that the Carrying capacity is 80 will admit close to 250.Even if admission is shared evenly among public/private schools,it will still not be enough.JAMB said that the Capacity of ALL Tertiary instiutions in Nigeria is 500-600 thousand,and we have close to 1.7-2.0 million students sitting for JAMB each year.What does that tell you?close to 800-1million candidates would score above the required JAMB cutoff.especially with this 120 mark
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by linzeze(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It's falling because we lay emphasis on paper. Until we get things write,we will continue to struggle in education in Nigeria. Haven't for once asked if other countries write jamb to gain admission in their respective universities?.
And you think getting it right is to scrap POSTUME.We need quality starting from our primary schools up.Remember when it was said that a primary school student cannot write letter,later it was secondary school,now it is now a university student cannot write letter.Remember,that the paper you mentioned is still the legal evudence that you attended a formal school.Even in the so call developed world,You will still present that same paper before testing other qualities you might possess.LETS improve the quality of our education through funding,research among others.Scrapping POSTUME,WAEC or even JAMB will not add anything to our already fallen educational sector.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
linzeze:

And you think getting it right is to scrap POSTUME.We need quality starting from our primary schools up.Remember when it was said that a primary school student cannot write letter,later it was secondary school,now it is now a university student cannot write letter.Remember,that the paper you mentioned is still the legal evudence that you attended a formal school.Even in the so call developed world,You will still present that same paper before testing other qualities you might possess.LETS improve the quality of our education through funding,research among others.Scrapping POSTUME,WAEC or even JAMB will not add anything to our already fallen educational sector.
Kk. You're right
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
INTERMAN:
habe you done their exam before. I said OAU dont ask Jamb past question at all. OAU have their own questions. The questions are simiar to part 1 questions
Ask your profs to show were their questions are lifted from.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
abduljabbar4:

My friend was right when he told me to ignore this @55h0**

The question is why are the northerners always the ones to raise such motion? Why not the south, considering such motions should favour the southern candidates since they cheat more than the northerners, according to you?

The annoying part is every universities already went below the standard merit to cater to the northern candidates by using the quota system for them yet they will never let us rest but always come up with stupid suggestions to bring us backward.

I just dislike the way these northerners often come up with some stupid retrogressive motions. They will never come up with anything progressive but some stupid motions in the house.

Abegi.
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by abduljabbar4(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
diadem10:

The question is why are the northerners always the ones to raise such motion? Why not the south, considering such motions should favour the southern candidates since they cheat more than the northerners, according to you?

The annoying part is every universities already went below the standard merit to cater to the northern candidates by using the quota system for them yet they will never let us rest but always come up with stupid suggestions to bring us backward.

I just dislike the way these northerners often come up with some stupid retrogressive motions. They will never come up with anything progressive but some stupid motion in the house.

Abegi.

Yeah, that explains why a lot of southern unis refused to reduce their cut off marks. Dakiki solobio
Re: Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation by diadem10: 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Yeah, that explains why a lot of southern unis refused to reduce their cut off marks. Dakiki solobio

Lmao.. You actually expected first class universities to admit candidates based on 120 utme cut off mark? That's too low na..

However, there are some provisions made for the northern candidates that scored below some universities' cut off mark. I'm quite sure of UI, OAU among others. For example, let's say UI mbbs' cut off mark was 70, a northern candidate that scored 64 would still be admitted. The university has a different cut off mark for Northern candidates. That should suffice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For UNICAL Hostel – 2019 / Ranking Of Universities In Nigeria From Our Proposed Ranking System (2020) / BREAKING: Missing LAUTECH 300L Student Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.