Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. (1253 Views)

Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / What Cud B D Cause Of Persistent Headache / Piles (haemorrhoids) – Basics, Symptoms And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. by surdik(m): 4:48am On Mar 08, 2010
pls I need d cause , symptoms and control of Stroke.
Re: Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. by agathamari(f): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2010
Strokes happen when blood flow to your brain stops. Within minutes, brain cells begin to die. There are two kinds of stroke. The more common kind, called ischemic stroke, is caused by a blood clot that blocks or plugs a blood vessel in the brain. The other kind, called hemorrhagic stroke, is caused by a blood vessel that breaks and bleeds into the brain. "Mini-strokes" or transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), occur when the blood supply to the brain is briefly interrupted.

Symptoms of stroke are:
Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause

If you have any of these symptoms, you must get to a hospital quickly to begin treatment. Acute stroke therapies try to stop a stroke while it is happening by quickly dissolving the blood clot or by stopping the bleeding. Post-stroke rehabilitation helps individuals overcome disabilities that result from stroke damage. Drug therapy with blood thinners is the most common treatment for stroke. 

Brian damage is perminent and total recovery is rare, the earlier you recieve treatment the lower your chances of serious disability. Over half of the people who have a stroke are able to function independently at home. The risk for a second stroke is highest over the first few weeks or months after the first stroke and then begins to lessen.

The goal of long-term treatment is to help the patient recover as much function as possible and prevent future strokes. The recovery time and need for long-term treatment differs from person to person. Depending on the symptoms, rehabilitation may include:

•Occupational therapy
•Physical therapy
•Speech therapy
Therapies such as repositioning and range-of-motion exercises can help prevent complications related to stroke, such as infection and bed sores. Those who have had a stroke should try to remain as active as physically possible.

Alternative forms of communication such as pictures, verbal cues, and other techniques may be needed in some cases.

Sometimes, urinary catheterization or bladder and bowel control programs may be needed to control incontinence.

Complications as a result from stroke:
•Breathing in a food into the airway (aspiration)
•Decreased life span
•Difficulty communicating
•Permanent loss of brain functions
•Permanent loss of movement or sensation in one or more parts of the body
•Problems due to loss of mobility, including joint contractures and pressure sores
•Fractures
•Malnutrition
•Muscle spasticity
•Reduced ability to function or care for self
•Reduced social interactions
•Side effects of medications

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. by malakus(m): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
thanks to Agathamari for the answer to
surdik:

pls I need d cause , symptoms and control of Stroke.
But guess what; you fail to ask for the 'cure for stroke'
Don't you know that there is a cure for stroke?
Now you will get not only the cause but also the CURE if you so wish.
Re: Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. by Romeo4real(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2010
@malakus - Agamathari has done a good job of addressing the OP's concerns and providing in depth info.

Contrary to what you may think, there is no "cure" for Stroke. There is Prevention, and there is Treatment. The treatment varies, based on the severity of the Stroke. It can involve drugs, rehabilitation - physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT), diet, and a change in lifestyle.

Do be aware though, that 75% of stroke survivors will suffer some type of disability - irrespective of treatment. The treatment just lessens the severity of that disability.

Also depending on the severity, the effects can be reversed though the various available treatments. This should not be confused with a "cure". Having had a stroke in the past greatly increases one's risk of future strokes. In fact 25% of people who experience a stroke will have a recurrent incident within the next five years.

There are various natural treatments that have been shown to greatly reduce the effects of Strokes.
Fasting after a stroke (just water), then gradually introducing a fruit/vegetable diet (especially fruits rich in Vitamin A, Beta Carotene and Anti Oxidants) have been shown to help. Also giving patients Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - (intake of pure oxygen at higher than atmospreric pressure) within the first six hours of a stroke has been shown to significantly improve conditions in stoke patients.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, Am Alway Using My Hand To Play With My Manhood Each Time Am Alone, And Now I Can't Satisfy / The Reasons Why You Should Be Drinking Coconut Water / day. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.