Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (45829 Views)

FRSC Ranks And Salary: What You Need To Know Before Joining The Federal Road Saf / Rivers And Delta Indigenes Are The Least Interested In Joining The Army / Let's Talk About Joining Confraternity Before Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2017
CHANNELStv2020:
NONSENSE ARMY THAT KILLS CIVILIANS FOR A LIVING
grin I guess the python dance gives you headache, a reason for your reaction. You really proved newton's second law of motion. E dey pain you!? Go hug transformer abegg!

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by nickz(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2017
errthing was making sense until I got here. ...... ?

OP how much my village people pay you
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by nickz(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2017
nickz:
errthing was making sense until I got here. ...... ?

OP how much my village people pay you

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Raintaker(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2017
9jakohai:

It is in Hausa in the ajami/Arabic script and it means " Victory belongs to God'

Also a reference to the fact that most of the Army' s earliest recruits spoke Hausa ( not that they were necessarily Hausa or Fulani).

Intact most Army recruits are from the Middle belt.

Hausa by the way is not the only language written in Arabic script, Turkish, Urdu , and Persian are other examples. Anyways, most hausa is written in roman script these days
Nice one boss, you go school wells.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Raintaker(m): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2017
9jakohai:

It is in Hausa in the ajami/Arabic script and it means " Victory belongs to God'

Also a reference to the fact that most of the Army' s earliest recruits spoke Hausa ( not that they were necessarily Hausa or Fulani).

Hausa by the way is not the only language written in Arabic script, Turkish, Urdu , and Persian are other examples. Anyways, most hausa is written in roman script these days
Nice one boss, you go school wells
9jakohai:

Nice one boss, you go school well
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by churchee: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2017
Please, in what month of the year is application for DSSC made available?
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Cashrange660: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
What about the nigerian custom service? Any detailed information about them too?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Promismike(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
greenprince:

Fortunately, that's a lie. I almost got in without knowing anyone except God and my books.
If it is not for you then don't push it. Heaven might be saving you from what you do not know.
"I almost go in without knowing any one" wteeeet! I would have had a change of perception if u had gone in.

My brother I have friends who are in the army I know what am saying.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by CHISOMPHILIP(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
dominzy:
Things You Didn’t Know About Those Commissioned Into the Nigerian Army

This article on the different commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army, will help clear the confusion lingering in the minds of civilians that want to take up a career in the Nigerian Army.

There are 5 types of commission in the Nigerian Army (NA) – Not Armed Forces.

They are:

1. Regular Combatant (RC). Training takes 5 years.

2. Short Service Combatant (SSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.

3. Direct Regular Combatant (DRC). Now attained on conversion from DSSC.

4. Direct Short Service Combatant (DSSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.

5. Executive Commission (EC). Training takes 2 – 3 months.

Details of such commissions are to be found in the Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) for officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces but a summary goes thus: RC and SSC are combatants, trained to fight battles. Others are not meant to be combatants.

Both SSC and DSSC are of relatively short duration (not more than 12 years I think, excluding extension of service) and must convert to RC and DRC respectively to enjoy a longer career. Theoretically, RCs and DRCs can rise to become generals i.e Brigadier Generals, Major Generals etc. Remember the pyramid structure? The higher it gets, the smaller it becomes. In other words, many are called but only a few are chosen.

DRC’s are mainly professionals – surgeons, pharmacists, chaplains, surveyors etc. and are usually not found in the core combat arms of Infantry, Armour and Artillery but are to be found in the Army Engineers and Signals. EC’s are made up of former soldiers and do not usually exceed the rank of Major.

There are varying criteria for the various commissions. In reality, the advantage is more on the side of those who were originally RC,s than those who were originally SSC,s in terms of age, rank in the Nigerian army, numbers etc. However, anything can happen, for instance Lt. Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi (rtd.) rose to become Chief of Army Staff (COAS), even though he wasn’t originally an RC.

Although DRCs may never become COASs or General Officers Commanding (GOCs), they can apart from being Staff Officers also hold command posts in corps or services in which they predominate. These include Education, Medical and Finance among others.

Life in the Army here in Nigeria can be promising, particularly now that efforts have been made to consolidate emoluments, but achievement of success or wealth in the Army (here in Nigeria as well as is in other countries) is a product of motivation and determination. If you want to live well, you will. If you don’t, you won’t. The choice is really yours! For RC or DRC, minimum years of service is about 15 years and life as a cadet can be quite strenuous.

Generally, training is in the Infantry Corps Centre and School (ICCS), Jaji, Kaduna State. As for the DSSs and ECs, their training is usually less strenuous, not as in NDA where RCs and SSCs are trained. Cadets are usually humorously welcomed with the euphemism, “Unfortunate Nigerians, you will nearly die but you will not die!” But you should survive if you are physically fit after all, many have gone before you.

As a cadet, you are entitled to allowances which may not really cater for your family if you have one but could go a long way to help you sustain yourself.

If you wish to obtain more information on the Nigerian Army and the types of application forms available, you can check with the Army Public Relations Department in any military barracks near you.

For RC, you need at least 5 credits including English and Mathematics. For SSC, DRC and DSSC, you must be a graduate. Lawyers in the army are usually found in the Army Legal Services and the Military Police. They can also be found in lesser numbers in other corps and services.

As for your private practice, it all depends on what type but you won’t be expected to have your private practice as a lawyer alongside your military career.

Lastly, it is also noteworthy to say that the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) now offers some post-graduate courses for those in the military as well as for those not in the military.

more details here» http://www.dominzyloaded.com/2017/10/all-you-need-to-know-before-joining.html

Very nice write up...wish someone can help me with something like this about Nigeria Air Force NAF

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by planetx: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nigerian soldiers are useless mofos so not interested in anything to do with them. They can all catch BH bullets for all I care.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by seangy4konji: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Very Rubbish country.

If you don't kno my of you xNt join your country's army. imgine.

A lot of youths will gladly join the army instead of being unemployed. But they prefer to loot the funds to set u different fort and barracks for trainin. And buyin equipments.

Stupid peopl.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by whitebeard(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
okonja:

So, should they write in Hebrew, so you can feel comfortable? undecided...Common man, Arabic word doesn't mean it's only for muslims, It's just a language. If you do google search well, there are any non-muslim citizens in the middle-east that speak in arabic language. cool
no I am not trying to say because Muslims use Arabic so the army is for the Muslims, don't get me wrong..!
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by NobleSign0r(m): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
DonBobes:
Make I forward roll go church 1st
How was the Service?
Me don come back sef.,
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by mystmoze(m): 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
NobleSign0r:

It's quite Informative.,

DonBobes, it's been long Boss. Greetings
rilly need someone to enlighten me more on the benefit of duin my M. sc in NDA.... tnks
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by NobleSign0r(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
mystmoze:

rilly need someone to enlighten me more on the benefit of duin my M. sc in NDA.... tnks
Priority should be on Service to your Fatherland & NOT Benefit Sir.

Life in the Army here in Nigeria can be
promising, particularly now that efforts
have been made to consolidate emoluments,
but achievement of success or wealth in
the Army (here in Nigeria as well as is in
other countries) is a product of motivation
and determination. If you want to live well,
you will. If you don’t, you won’t. The choice
is really yours!
I Overheard OP at the above.,
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by jpphilips(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
whitebeard:
Too much story for just army....besides Nigerian army really needs a new logo, our official language is English, but Arabic is what's used to write whatever is written on the logo, the army is for everyone in Nigeria, not for a certain set of people, such changes would be effected in the future..if the present generation lack the mentality and knowledge to do it..!

Besides Nigerian army also needs a new code of conduct, a new oath...imagine soldiers who swore to protect Nigerians on there graduation having completed how many years/month of training, would now come out and be thinking they are higher than civilians..instead of them to show real love to the people they swore to protect, u would see some of them punishing civilians on the street (just one soldier) a big disgrace to the army..

A huge reform is coming to the army and I can tell u it would be hot and the victims of the reforms would be the generals especially, incompetent fat, pot bellied, niggas that use sticks to support themselves from falling when walking and they call it swagger stick (what a shame) keep deceiving yourselves..!! It either u kit up and show the real power of a general or u are out..!!!

Its FSC used for photo shoot not stick.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by DonBobes(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
NobleSign0r:
How was the Service?

Me don come back sef.,
E was airborne jarè
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by GenAnsahCinC: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Are you posting for posting sake or are you posting because you want to mislead people?

Always get you facts right before posting.
There's no such thing as Driect Regulat combatant in the Nig Army.
There are are only for commissions into the officers grade in the Nig Army which are:

Regular Combatant these are NDA cadets who spent 5yrs in the Academy.

Short Service Combatant these are the Graduates who joined after their first degree and they spent minimum of 9months in NDA old site for trainin.
These ones can later convert to Regular Combatant to stay longer in the service.

Direct Short Servce. These ones spent 6months at Jaji for trainin and are commissioned with two stars i.e. Lt. This grade is for those who wants to practice their professions in the military. They are not combatants. They can convert to Direct Regular Commission.

Finally the Excutive Comission. These ones spent 3months in traing and can only be elevated to the rank of a major the retired.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by whitebeard(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
jpphilips:

Its FSC used for photo shoot not stick.
it a stick cause I look at it as one... Besides I don't think they only use ur for photoshoot..! How can a general have pot belly..! I have issue with that.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Countdown(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
I am not sure if DSSC can convert to Direct service but I know it is possible with SSC. I am open to correction
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by Jafsent30(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
guys please can I join army or customs with masters?
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by kelvinquincy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
what is the required bsc grade to join the Nigeria Army?
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by GenAnsahCinC: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Countdown:
I am not sure if DSSC can convert to Direct service but I know it is possible with SSC. I am open to correction

DSS and convert to DR
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by mytym(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
whitebeard:
Too much story for just army....besides Nigerian army really needs a new logo, our official language is English, but Arabic is what's used to write whatever is written on the logo, the army is for everyone in Nigeria, not for a certain set of people, such changes would be effected in the future..if the present generation lack the mentality and knowledge to do it..!

Besides Nigerian army also needs a new code of conduct, a new oath...imagine soldiers who swore to protect Nigerians on there graduation having completed how many years/month of training, would now come out and be thinking they are higher than civilians..instead of them to show real love to the people they swore to protect, u would see some of them punishing civilians on the street (just one soldier) a big disgrace to the army..

A huge reform is coming to the army and I can tell u it would be hot and the victims of the reforms would be the generals especially, incompetent fat, pot bellied, niggas that use sticks to support themselves from falling when walking and they call it swagger stick (what a shame) keep deceiving yourselves..!! It either u kit up and show the real power of a general or u are out..!!!

I think the logo with Arabic insignia is just more popular. I've seen the same NA logo with English insignia... "Victory Belongs to God Alone" I guess that's the translation.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by SamsonJohn743(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
So boko boys go kill me...i'll pass!
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by jpphilips(m): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
whitebeard:
it a stick cause I look at it as one... Besides I don't think they only use ur for photoshoot..! How can a general have pot belly..! I have issue with that.

Since you don't know the difference between FSC and a cane, am I supposed to sympathise with your illiteracy?
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by whitebeard(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Since you don't know the difference between FSC and a cane, am I supposed to sympathise with your illiteracy?
sympathise all u want, we would still change it in the future..a new army is coming...!!

New uniform.new oath.new code of conduct.New mode of operation.new flag.new mode of promotion.new mode of honour.new logo..so u can continue to sympathise, but a new army is dawning.. I wonder what u would do next.
Re: All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army by greenprince(m): 1:29am On Oct 13, 2017
Promismike:
"I almost go in without knowing any one" wteeeet! I would have had a change of perception if u had gone in.

My brother I have friends who are in the army I know what am saying.

well, I willingly opted out cos I got a better offere than the NDA.

It may be there but not as hyped as it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day / What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.