Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff (5663 Views)

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2010
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Saad Abubakar has condemned calls for the sack of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Abdulrahaman Danbazau over the deployment of troops along major roads in Abuja when President Umaru Yar’Adua returned from Saudi Arabia on February 23.
Speaking yesterday during the N100 million fund raising for NAJOMO Mosque at the Syrian Club, Ikoyi, Lagos, the Sultan described the demand as uncalled for.

The Army, he said, is not a religious Army. "Because he happens to be a Muslim, if he is a Christian, would they have called for his sack. Many things happen in this country but no Muslim leader has called for the sack of any Christian government official. For instance, there are so many crimes in the
country, do we now say the Inspector General of Police should be sacked?" he queried.

It is high time, the Sultan said, Nigerians saw themselves as brothers.

"If the two religions do not work together, then development would elude us as a nation. We must, irrespective of our religion live together because Allah blesses us in this country and that is what we are striving for at the National Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) ," he said.

Backing the Sultan , Secretary General for the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji AbdulLateef Adegbite urged Nigerians to keep the military out of the current political maneuverings. Adegbite, who is the founder of NAJOMO said it was wrong to question the professional
judgment of the military on such security matters.

"It is the prerogative of the military to decide on the size of troops adequate for the protection of Mr President or the Acting President, as the case may be on any given occasion," he said.

The Seriki of Egbaland warned politicians and public commentators to desist from heating the polity by what he described as their tendentious utterances and insinuations, saying that, the nation has had enough of deception in high places an undignified maneuvering.

Also, the former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said that religion cannot be separated from politics. Tinubu, represented by the Action Congress (AC) governorship candidate in Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola reiterated the need for credible elections.

He expressed optimism that if elections are conducted in a fair manner, good people would man the seat of power and religion especially Islam would take its rightful position.

Tinubu’s successor Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, in his closing remarks, pleaded with religious leaders to always enjoin their followers to shun racial and religious discrimination.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/38913/1/Sultan-condemns-calls-for-sack-of-Chief-of-Army-Staff/Page1.html
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by kosovo(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2010
how'd
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2010
Nigeria is held hostage by Islamic Jihadists.

Anyone who cannot see this clearly is blinded.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by asha80(m): 9:09am On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Sultan
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Saad
Abubakar has condemned calls for the sack
of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen.
Abdulrahaman Danbazau over the
deployment of troops along major roads in
Abuja when President Umaru Yar’Adua
returned from Saudi Arabia on February 23.
Speaking yesterday during the N100 million
fund raising for NAJOMO Mosque at the
Syrian Club, Ikoyi, Lagos, the Sultan described
the demand as uncalled for.
The Army, he said, is not a religious Army.
"Because he happens to be a Muslim, if he is
a Christian, would they have called for his
sack. Many things happen in this country but
no Muslim leader has called for the sack of
any Christian government official.
For
instance, there are so many crimes in the
country, do we now say the Inspector
General of Police should be sacked?" he
queried.
It is high time, the Sultan said, Nigerians saw

And their goes one of nigeria's problem.If a revered leader like the emir in the north can be making this kind of statements and knowing how his people look up to him we wonder why this kind of crises that happened in jos occur.

There was a clear breach of order in the ordering of those soldiers and and people rightly called for his sack and all what this emir is interested is fanning religous discontent.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by doyin13(m): 9:10am On Mar 08, 2010
Just when i thought the Sultan was a reasonable man.

Those of us who have called for the sack of the COAS,
at least those I am aware of have not taken into
cognizance once his religion.

We call for his sack because of his act of gross misconduct
against the Acting President, the National Assembly as well as
utter disregard for the people of Nigeria.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 08, 2010
@kosovo---i'm ok.thanks
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by kosovo(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2010
Government is this part of the world is a total waste of time.
  who can dare the sultan? he has spoken. angry
             Things like this try to make me subscribe to the ideology of the Nigeria scindo and Total Disintegratoin. I still entertain great hopes on the integration and desegregation this tribalistic Nation.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Igbanibo: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2010
The Sultan needs to stick to religion and bringing peace, I know he is a former military man, but he needs to stay out of this. If someone is on watch, then you need to let him know what is going on. By not keeping the Acting President informed, there was a breach of protocol. If they meant no harm, like they have been saying, then the Acting President should have been notified.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by naso2(m): 9:57am On Mar 08, 2010
The sultan has tactically made it an Islam affair.

I think the message is actually for Jonathan. He seems to be saying that if the COAS is removed then you would have wronged our religion. What a smart way of protecting their own.

My problem however is with the yorubas who are ready ally whenever the Core north wants to use religion to protect ethnic interest. The funny thing is even the yoruba Imams are not spared whenever these fulani's burn down churches.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by adconline(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2010
Naija is a jungle where religion is above everything even "God" COAS breached the costitution, he should be pardoned since he did not breach the Koran
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by naso2(m): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2010
adconline:

Naija is a jungle where religion is above everything even "God" COAS breached the costitution, he should be pardoned since he did not breach the Koran

TRUE TALK MY BRODA grin grin
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by debetmx(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2010
i thought this man is a reasonable person
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by dafman10(m): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2010
Am surprised that somebody would act against the supreme law of the land and somebody else would color it with religion. Which way Nigeria?
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Livvvvy(f): 10:44am On Mar 08, 2010
So if a christain had ordered for the deployment of the army troops, he (sultan) would still be speaking like this.

Mayb he doesn't see the clear line of politics and religion. How his this matter a reliogious one?

These leaders are the cause of the problem in nigeria. After they have supported the killings of christain in their bedrooms and toilets, they will come out in public to say that they support one Nigeria, One country, One God, One love, and One nonsense.

Are they really fighting for God sef? Na waoooo
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by biina: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2010
All that wey sultan yarn na story. Nobody is 'calling' for COAS removal. The sultan is still talking because of the useless senators, who haven't cleared out the guilty service chief(s). angry
Its quite simple: identify the guilty party and dismiss/retire them. shikena!
We need proof that a non-military affiliated president can truly control the military or that the army still feel they are above the constitution.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Godalone(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2010
I am dissapointed in this Emir
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by otokx(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2010
the sultan should think about the recent dead in Jos before opening his mouth.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by calyx: 11:32am On Mar 08, 2010
A big disappointment really especially coming from the supposedly enlightened sultan.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by saintade01(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
How can a man of this status speak this way. I just imagine how this muslims sometimes reason. angry

He is just trying to stir up another crisis with this. Indeed a religion of peace! angry
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by tunnytox(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
Islamists no matter how educated are the same. Once they can't achieve their political ambition they easily use religion as a blackmail.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Bishopking: 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
[size=16pt]THIS SULTAN IS A BIG FOOL![/size]
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by biina: 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
saintade01:

How can a man of this status speak this way. I just imagine how this muslims sometimes reason. angry

He is just trying to stir up another crisis with this. Indeed a religion of peace! angry
Why should you use the sultan to generalize all muslims? undecided

tunnytox:

Islamists no matter how educated are the same. Once they can't achieve their political ambition they easily use religion as a blackmail.
and bigots like you are why we often have religious conflicts.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Igwe9(m): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
I think our Acting president has a much more bigger problem than we all thought. sad
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Gayigaskia(m): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2010
I'am not supporting the sultan but , some oba or chief in the south would say the same thing. lets be fair, these traditional rulers all over this country are the cause of our problems.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Gayigaskia(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
I'am not supporting the sultan but , some oba or chief in the south would say the same thing. lets be fair, these traditional rulers all over this country are  the cause of our problems.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by stonecold2(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
my bros i support
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Igwe9(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Gayigaskia:

I'am not supporting the sultan but , some oba or chief in the south would say the same thing. lets be fair, these traditional rulers all over this country are the cause of our problems.
how many of them have condemned the calls for the removal of the INEC chairman? nonsense!
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Igwe9(m): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2010
stonecold2:

my bros i support
lol, you are even afraid to make your stance known, who do you support?
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by naso2(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
Igwe:

I think our Acting president has a much more bigger problem than we all thought.

HMMMMM. At least someone is now seeing the picture clearer.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
Na wa oh . . . . Nigeria has a long way to go
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by prettyG: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
How come only The Nation carried this story,
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
prettyG:

How come only The Nation carried this story,

Meaning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Debt Reduced From N87Billion To N63Billion / 5 Nigerian Pastors, Their Luxury Lifestyles And Private Jets. Details And Photos / Is This The Picture Yoruba Muslims Hate The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.