Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President (397 Views)

Marwa Alleges Plan To Manipulate Election Results In Southeast, South South / Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / Yoruba Will Not Vote Obi As Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by farleft: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
If Peter Obi, Wole Soyinka, or Buba Marwa ran for president in the next elections, I would vote for them.

Not only that, I would quit my job and use my time and my savings to convince everyone I know to vote for them as well.

Why would I do this? Well...

Peter Obi

During his speech at The Platform 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLHIgDOSfg), former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, gave specific details of how he would save Nigeria 1 trillion naira per year.

Whether or not his plan would work, this is the first time I've ever heard a Nigerian politician give specific, actionable details of how to improve the country. Plus, he ended his term as governor with money left in the state coffers, so he has a track record of dealing with public monies sensibly.

Wole Soyinka

If Peter Obi won't run, I'd be happy with Wole Soyinka since he is willing to publicly condemn the actions of people more powerful than him. In his memoir, You Must Set Forth at Dawn (https://www.amazon.com/You-Must-Set-Forth-Dawn/dp/0375755144, he names and shames Nigeria's national leaders of the past 40 years for cultivating a culture of greed in the populace; he was exiled by Sani Abacha and only returned after the general's death.

While he has no political experience, I trust him to not knowingly take any action that will be to the detriment of the country.

Buba Marwa

If Wole Soyinka won't run for president, then I'd vote for Buba Marwa. I'm conflicted because he was once a high-ranking member of an instiution that terrorizes defenceless Nigerians. On the other hand, while he was administrator of Lagos state, he introduced some innovations that improved ordinary people's lives e.g. keke Marwa and Operation Sweep, two institutions which now have equivalents in almost every state of the country.

Conclusion

To conclude: in the 2019 federal elections, please vote for a candidate who has a track record of benefitting the country. For now, I'd vote for Peter Obi, Wole Soyinka, and Buba Marwa.

If you know of people who are better suited to run this country, please share their names and why you think they're better in the comments. I don't want to waste my time voting for people who won't benefit me anymore.

Re: Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by temblor1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Marwa is not supposed to on the same page with these dudes.
Re: Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by SweetJoystick(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
Smh Marwa kor, keke ni.....wetin be the different between Soyina and Buhari?
Re: Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by Obinnau(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2022
A post from 2017
Re: Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by RichAbujaGuy: 9:19am On Dec 26, 2022
Op hasn't posted since 2018. I wonder if he kept his word this year and quit his job? grin
Re: Vote Obi, Soyinka, Or Marwa For President by SaiOba: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2022
No one is Fact Checking a Presidential Candidate that said We are a country of 7 Million People but if Na Peter Obi awon werey go carry am for head like fila.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reason Why I Hate Buhari / Nigerians most pretentious people on God’s green earth / ‘nnamdi Kanu Is Fine.stop Asking About His Whereabouts’–abdulkadir Erkah (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.