Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,739 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Outstanding Skills To Help Improve Your Assimilation And Study Results (3 Of 3) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Outstanding Skills To Help Improve Your Assimilation And Study Results (3 Of 3) (280 Views)

ALUTA GYRATION: Comrade Fijay Releases Volume 3 Of Comrade Song �(download) / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding / Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Outstanding Skills To Help Improve Your Assimilation And Study Results (3 Of 3) by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 05, 2017
3. Familiarising:-
One of the problem that most of us have is how to remember some complex or unfamiliar words, there are higher percentage that you face this problem if you are in science class.
The problem people like me face is that of the botanical name and some jargon used in medicine line.
But actually using this skill [ Familiarising], you could master those botanical name.

HOW TO APPLY:
1.Get the list of Keys/Points/Characteristics/name and other things that are difficult to commit to your brain.
2.Relate those things to things that you are familiar with[ May be from your home environment, school or area]

Example:
If I am to study plant cell I could use this method to know the function of the parts.
*Cell Wall= School wall [i.e they both protect the content inside them]
*Cell Membrane = School doors [i.e they both let things in and out of them]
*Nucleus = Principal's office [i.e the control centre of the activities]
I know this is not the full list of those part, but this is just an example to give you and insight to build yours.

Another method is to use the first letters of each points to form a sentence.

Example:
In order to study the planets, you could use this.
My Very Eye May Just See Under Nine Planet where each initial letters represent the planets according to their position from the sun.
My= Mercury
Very = Venus
Eye= Earth
May= Mars
Just= Jupiter
See = Saturn
Under = Uranus
Nine= Neptune
Planet = Pluto [thou some say pluto is no more a planet, either way you can still use this for other remaining planet]

Visit the signature site below today to get more amazing articles.
Re: Outstanding Skills To Help Improve Your Assimilation And Study Results (3 Of 3) by TiptopD(m): 3:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Your first and second points can really be helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Apply For 2017/18 Uniben Direct Entry (DE) / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut Down Indefinitely / Nigeria Schools: Kaduna Primary Teachers Fail Pupils' Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.