Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! (555 Views)

El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Sultan Group Tells Bishop Oyedepo And Ex-Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by kidonig: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
You all know all that has been happening in the country since 1960 and most recently, in the past 100 days. I was watching Focus Nigeria on AIT today and I heard some groups saying that they will be embarking on a nationwide demonstration to encourage:

1. FEC to declare Yar'adua incompetent.

2. Jonathan to dissolve the Cabinet and reconstitute a sensible and loyal one.

3. The house to invoke the relevant section and impeach Yar'ardua.

I have seen that everyone is running round in circles although we all know the right thing. Why can't the house impeach the president? Why can't Jonathan dissolve the cabinet as he is supposed to be the chairman of the FEC? I understand that 12 ministers wrote jointly to him on Friday that he cannot remove them and that he is just acting in name and occupying space. Why is Jonathan seating like a space waster that they say he is?

Well, demonstrations never work in Nigeria. I honestly believe that the Wednesday demonstration will be a flop like every other demonstration as Nigerians never come out en masse for demonstrations as we expect others to take the risk but we all want the benefit.

Well, demonstration or not, I believe that the answer lies both in hands of the House and Mr. Jonathan.
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by kidonig: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
I am impressed by what I am watching on AIT now. Some groups are demonstrating in Abuja saying that they are against any form of military intervention. I hope the so called Save Nigerian Group will make an impression tomorrow as they match around nationwide.
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
I salute all them brave and gallant heroes.
Much better than a good number of the armchair critics here on NL.
AKA Beaf, and his likes.
kidonig:

I am impressed by what I am watching on AIT now. Some groups are demonstrating in Abuja saying that they are against any form of military intervention. I hope the so called Save Nigerian Group will make an impression tomorrow as they match around nationwide.
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by kidonig: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
True talk cool
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by chosen04(f): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
Futility + Futility ====VANITY.

The question remains======Who told the save nigeria group that nigeria can be saved?
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by kidonig: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
Chosen04,

We will not give up hope. We will continue to hope and pray that something will give in and we will begin to rise once again as a nation.

Lets keep hope alive and see what happens.

shocked
Re: Nationwide Demonstration Planned For Wednesday Against The Polity! by chosen04(f): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
kidonig:

Chosen04,

We will not give up hope. We will continue to hope and pray that something will give in and we will begin to rise once again as a nation.

Lets keep hope alive and see what happens.

Sorry, i longer pray for Nigeria. I still remember vividly praying for nigeria in the 80s, 'the land in distress'. We fasted and prayed without ceasing. I know God has turned his back on us. Seriously, i know he must be asking "Did i create Nigeria to be one?"

^^In times of despair like this, I only Weep for this country.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Suspends Bpe Director Over Nitel / Disquiet In Presidency Over Police Minister’s Comments / The Government Is Responsible For The Jos Crisis And Other Crises In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.