Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,074 members, 7,859,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Two Men, Two Ways, Two Destinies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Men, Two Ways, Two Destinies (681 Views)

2014 Will Determine Destinies Of People, Families, Nations -Pastor E.A. Adeboye / The Two Destinies Of Man: Hell Or Immortality In The Kingdom / Is It Possible To Monitor People's Destinies And Futures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Men, Two Ways, Two Destinies by PastorAde: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
[center]Two Men, Two Ways, Two Destinies[/center]

Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law does he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish (Psalm 1: 1-6).

The Scriptures above describe two types of people – the godly and the ungodly – their ways of life and their eventual destinies. The godly man walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, i.e., his conduct is not shaped by worldly standards; nor stands in the way of sinners, i.e., he does not make his association with evil men; and nor sits in the seat of the scornful, i.e., he has no fellowship with those who scorn God. But His delight is in the law (Word) of the Lord, and in it does he meditate or ponder day and night. Such a man shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water which brings forth its fruit in its season, his leaf shall not wither and whatever he does shall prosper. So, to attain fruitfulness and true prosperity in any endeavor, a man ought to love, practice and be rooted in the Word of God.

The ungodly however are not like the godly. The character of the ungodly man is like the chaff. Those who are not planted by the rivers of water (i.e., the Word of God) are not saved and therefore are worthless, without substance and easily carried away as the wind will carry chaff. The ungodly will not be able stand in the judgment. When they are brought before the judgment bar of God, they have no retort (reply) to God’s just condemnation of their ungodliness. As for the godly man, the secret of his success is that the Lord knows the way of the righteous. Our loving Lord attends to and provides for those who live godly lives before Him. In contrast, all the plans and hopes of the ungodly will end in disappointment and ruin.

Two men, two ways, two destinies. One leads to life and blessedness; the other, without God and His Word, is a dead-end street, leading to death and hell. Anyone reading this writing should seriously examine his destiny. If we are going to go to God’s heaven, we have to go in God’s way. Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me” (John 14: 6).

The purpose of this writing is not just to make a comparison of two men, of their ways, and of their eventual destinies. It is to make the godly remain in his godliness and to make the ungodly repent of his ways and turn to the true way – Jesus Christ. He is the way to God and to heaven.
Will you be blessed? Will you be prosperous? Will you be fruitful? Will you go to heaven? Are you ready to repent and be saved? If so, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Write my name in the book of life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, call, write or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Behold The Mystery About You That Was Hidden In Christ Before The World Began / The Father's Love Is In You - Pastor Chris / "a New Thing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.