Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author (489 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / SURVIVORS (a Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by Blonchilli(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2017
Fellow nairalanders I need your help. I read a novel a long time and can't remember the name or the author but still remember some details. I didn't finish it though because the last few page was torn.
It's a British novel set in ancient Egypt, a warrior/prince (can't remember who exactly) had a dream where he would have a period of sorrow followed by pain and regret. He carried on and after conquering Egypt it turns out his wife who I think was a prince /queen of Egypt who he forced to marry after killing her people was possessed by an Egyptian god.
It was one of those books that made me love Egypt. I remember a quote but can't remember the complete words. It is "Death is not a new thing..." someone told the princess before her death. Towards the end she had succeded in crumbling the Pharoah's empire.
DivePen1, MhizzQween,lalasticlala, Seun, Stevenbright, tosyne2much and whoever can remember any detail about such book help me out I've searched google, amazon, journal.bookfinder, worldreader but can't get it. I really want the book. It's a British author and it's a very old novel. But not like Lord of The Rings novel. It's like Oliver Twist kind of novel
Re: I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by tosyne2much(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Ooooh I wish I could help just that I'm not a fan of novels
Re: I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by Lordmavidon(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
its River god by Wilbur smith

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by Blonchilli(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lordmavidon:
its River god by Wilbur smith
I've checked it and it isn't River gods
Re: I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by MhizQween(f): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
I know how it feels looking for a book u be read awhile back but cannot remember the name or its author. Its both annoying and frustrating. Anyways. I still think the book is by Wibur smith. The summary u gave reminds me of Ancient Egypt Book Series by Wilbur. Buh since u be said its not, If anything comes up during my search I ll let u know
Re: I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author by Blonchilli(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
MhizQween:
I know how it feels looking for a book u be read awhile back but cannot remember the name or its author. Its both annoying and frustrating. Anyways. I still think the book is by Wibur smith. The summary u gave reminds me of Ancient Egypt Book Series by Wilbur. Buh since u be said its not, If anything comes up during my search I ll let u know
Thanks a lot. It's not wilbur. The book was published around the 40s-60s I think but it's very old and it can't be Wilbur smith.

(1) (Reply)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Set To Celebrate Achebe. By Izunna Okafor / Must It Be Lagos / New Dope Books Droped On Boldscholar.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.