Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Battery Cage Vs Deep Litter System In Poultry Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Battery Cage Vs Deep Litter System In Poultry Farming (2813 Views)

Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A Deep-litter System Poultry House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Battery Cage Vs Deep Litter System In Poultry Farming by tmoney4real1979(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2017
Olajay poultrycage services system
Poultry Farming, a lot of things makes for the success of your Business, and one of them, is the Housing System that you utilize, there are various housing system, based on the kind of farming you are into, whether, intensive, semi-intensive or extensive system, however, we are going to be looking at the most common and best in this article, for commercial purpose, both on a small scale or large scale.

POULTRY HOUSING SYSTEM

Battery cage Housing System : This is a system whereby the Birds are kept in a wire mesh Cage, that is configured and customized in such a way that movement is restricted, the feeder and drinkers are just aligned with the cage in the front, so that the birds can easily feed and drink, often time, it is best used for Layers, so as to regulate their entire husbandry and making it easy for the farmer to monitor their growth rate, egg production level and their health, feeding and all that.
my Conclusion is, Battery Cage system is best for Layer Poultry Farming, The Birds eat conveniently, as you can see, and most of the times, they can not use their beak to break their eggs, seems there is a distance between them and the egg, often times, after the egg as been laid, it will just rolled to the front, where it can easily be picked!

Now, Lets look into Deep Litter!

DEEP LITTER HOUSING SYSTEM

In this system, The Birds are allow to move freely, their movement are not been so restricted as in the battery cage, they are however, confine inside a building that is well ventilated, with heat source, feed, drinkers, and they grow inside the building, this is often the best housing for Broilers Poultry Farming.

Broilers are heavy fatterner Birds, so they need to move around and observe some exercise to shed off some fats.
Layers are raised while they are still small in a Deep Litter system, and pro to their layer stage, like 2weeks, they are transported to the Battery Cage housing.

I believe, by now, you now understand the differences between the two systems
If you have any Question concerning seize of the cage,battery cage,imported and fabrication, used and imported,poultry equipment like:feeder,nipple drinker,stepdow tank .etc.

Olajay poultrycage services.
Mobile:08058092484.
WhatsApp:07069731211.
Facebook.com/olajaypoultrycageservices

1 Share

Re: Battery Cage Vs Deep Litter System In Poultry Farming by efetoma(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thanks for the information. I want to erect a mini battery cage system(500+ capacity) in my compound. Can you advise on how i can control for offensive smell in a residential area?

(1) (Reply)

Spectra Nigeria Limited / Any poultry job Vacancy With Accomodation in ibadan or nearby state?? / Pure Flemish Giant Rabbits Is Available @ Lammy Rabbit Farm Located, We Supply R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.