Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. (1070 Views)

Highlights Of The Nigeria Police Reform Bill (See Details) / Saraki Hosts IGP, Mohammed Adamu, Over Police Reform Bill (Photos) / President Buhari Acknowledges Nigerians’ End SARS Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
By ‘Segun Awosanya · 09/28/2017
For over 10 years now the growing criminal activities of the Nigeria Police with emphasis on the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) across Nigeria has been a topical discourse, until recently when it took a deadly turn. Thousands of reports pour in daily on the activities of these deadly and lawless bunch (SARS), with evidence backed accusations of extra judicial killings, robberies at gun point and torture. The Nigeria Police set up to protect the people are now a major threat to our society, torturing (youthful) victims with complete impunity while instilling a toxic climate of fear, intimidation and corruption. The socialmedia is awash with eyewitness reports as well as victim accounts of this seeming legal racket across Nigerian states. The pattern of human rights violations where victims are arrested and tortured until they either make a false confession to free themselves and/or be marched to an ATM machine to cough out a huge sum as bribe as a mandatory condition for release. Our youths are now endangered and more cases of extortion, torture and extra judicial killings (after which victims are labeled as cultists or robbers) are on the rise on the daily. There seem to be a huge cover up here and the undersigned citizens call upon the Nigerians Legislature for an immediate intervention. A few Commissioners of Police have been helpful (Case in point Lagos) leading to the apprehension of some of these criminals with subsequent charges by competent courts but there’s a lot more work to be done as more cases surface even as we speak.

Please, do take a minute and go to the link below and sign the petition.

http://www.citizengo.org/en/96693-national-assembly-end-sars-national-criminal-operation-reform-police
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by slivertongue: 10:40am On Oct 05, 2017
yes ooo. end it
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2017
Don't wait for something to happen to a loved one before we do something.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2017
OP...hope u neva collect dia torture...... Na final.....

That's when u know the full meaning of ''Goodness and Mercy shall follow me''
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
OP...hope u neva collect dia torture...... Na final.....

That's when u know the full meaning of the prayer point ''Goodness and Mercy shall follow me''
I haven't, and I don't want to. But I know friends who did, some who never came back.

1 Like

Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2017
Cc: Johnydon22, Joeprince23, Amarabae, Fratermathy.
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by MEILYN(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2017
Lalasticlala please support this movement. We need people to help spread this great initiative, we have suffered enough. These guys have really dealt with us, the other day they collected N80,000 from a friend. They claimed he was a Yahoo boy and threatened to kill him if he didn't cooperate.

1 Like

Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by Osama10(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2017
smiley
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by mastermaestro(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Whoever mooted and constituted this SARS outfit created an unruly monster. SARS is a police authority within the police. It should not continue. Nigeria is neither a zoo nor a jungle.

1 Like

Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by DONADAMS(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2017
I'm comimg
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44, I hope you have signed the petition?
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by MEILYN(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
These SARS guys terrorize the Nigerian people without fear. I have never seen a good SARS officer in my entire life. They stop and harass citizens like no tomorrow. Please, hear our cries. These guys should be checked, else they will kill all Nigerian citizens.
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by haryorbarmie83(m): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nigerian police really needs reform it's personnel.
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by SirBlack999(m): 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44 could you guys, please, push this to front page so people could sign that petition. Nigerian Police needs reform.
Re: End SARS Brutality, We Need Police Reform. by mcdavies4: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2017

(1) (Reply)

How Dstv Bribes National Assembly Members Every Four Years / Nigerians Slam Atiku After Condemning Boko Haram's Attack In Adamawa - Pictures / See What This Anambra Man Was Seen Doing While Others Are Casting Thier Votes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.