Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first (552 Views)

Thomas John Appointed As Chairman Of NNPC By President Buhari / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first by economia: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
In 1977, $2.8 billion was discovered missing in the NNPC. Guess who was Minister of Petroleum?
Muhammadu Buhari!
Bukola Saraki's father, Olusola, was the senate leader at the time and he headed the committee that was set up to trace the missing money. The money was traced to the Midland bank (U.K) fixed account of Buhari who was Minister of petroleum and head of NNPC then. The Olusola committee presented the report to the House towards end of the shagari regime BUT the House decided to act on it after general elections.
However, on December 31, 1983, Buhari hid under the political commotion that followed the election results to overthrow the Shagari government.
Olusola Saraki granted an interview to Vera Ifudu, an NTA reporter and told her how the missing money had been traced to Buhari's bank account. But Buhari sacked Vera Ifudu immediately from NTA! She challenged her dismissal in court and won. Court also ordered she should be compensated.
Fast forward to Abacha Era. Buhari was appointed as PTF chairman and he brought his family members as consultants and contractors to the PTF. Obasanjo assumed Presidency in 1999 and set up an interim management for the PTF to audit its activities. He was shocked by the outcome.
In November 2000, Obasanjo directed that the PTF should be scrapped and its headquarters handed over to anti-corruption agencies. OBJ discovered that Buhari's PTF paid out over 9 billion naira to contractors WITH NO WORK DONE! But he covered up because of "army arrangement".
So when i start reading about corruption, NNPC, Buhari in one sentence, it does not surprise me as I hear $25b theft and he has he mute like he has being when Fulani men attach christain communities. The man has an history in that field and it is not a pleasant one
Copyright
Re: Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first by AnodaIT(m): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
The way una dey call this $26bn without fear dey worry me

1 Like

Re: Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first by walemoney007(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Gth
Re: Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first by capatainrambo: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
lol so under a ministry headed by saint buhari

29B dollars is missing

y is dasuki still in prison na
Re: Buari Has An History In The Field of NNPC Theft $25b is not the first by rottennaija(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
economia:
In 1977, $2.8 billion was discovered missing in the NNPC. Guess who was Minister of Petroleum?
Muhammadu Buhari!
Bukola Saraki's father, Olusola, was the senate leader at the time and he headed the committee that was set up to trace the missing money. The money was traced to the Midland bank (U.K) fixed account of Buhari who was Minister of petroleum and head of NNPC then. The Olusola committee presented the report to the House towards end of the shagari regime BUT the House decided to act on it after general elections.
However, on December 31, 1983, Buhari hid under the political commotion that followed the election results to overthrow the Shagari government.
Olusola Saraki granted an interview to Vera Ifudu, an NTA reporter and told her how the missing money had been traced to Buhari's bank account. But Buhari sacked Vera Ifudu immediately from NTA! She challenged her dismissal in court and won. Court also ordered she should be compensated.
Fast forward to Abacha Era. Buhari was appointed as PTF chairman and he brought his family members as consultants and contractors to the PTF. Obasanjo assumed Presidency in 1999 and set up an interim management for the PTF to audit its activities. He was shocked by the outcome.
In November 2000, Obasanjo directed that the PTF should be scrapped and its headquarters handed over to anti-corruption agencies. OBJ discovered that Buhari's PTF paid out over 9 billion naira to contractors WITH NO WORK DONE! But he covered up because of "army arrangement".
So when i start reading about corruption, NNPC, Buhari in one sentence, it does not surprise me as I hear $25b theft and he has he mute like he has being when Fulani men attach christain communities. The man has an history in that field and it is not a pleasant one
Copyright

You see why people may never take you and your likes seriously? The letter accuses nnpc of insubordination, awarding contract without due process and due consultations. Suddenly, IPOB has turned it to missing $26B.

I mean who will take you seriously when he or she knows you claim what hasn't been done? Fine, the news will get Sensation and some people will love the sound of it. But eventually, it will dies because it wasn't true on the first place

(1) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma Of South Africa Visits Imo State. / Evidence Of Buhari Presence In Each Region. / Nigeria Air Force Bombs Boko Haram Base, Kills Many – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.