Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

"Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan (25257 Views)

Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians / Pepsi: Wizkid With Tiwa Savage & Bodyguards, Roy Emmanuel Obinna & Oluwafemi / Pictures Of Wizkid With Jada Pollock, His 3rd Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by hilroy: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
All the people comparing Wizkid to Fela are kids. No mature mind we even compare Wizkid to Femi not to talk of Baba 70. If Wizkid like, he should win 50 grammy, he can never be on the same level with Abami Eda shikena.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Ojuororun(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
undecideddifferent btw excersis and stress abeg
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by pxalmydee(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
fela came in a time when there was no internet, no social media to trend. A Time when your craft have to travel across the oceans for the other part of the world to hear you. fela was an activist,the British government fear his reign because of the truth he was speaking about the problem of Nigeria. the world noticed him for this. Fela was a prophet. he tried to warn us about the effect of slave masters religion. how it can messed up the heart of a common man. Fela predicted the death of Thomas Sankara with his song 3months to the time he was assassinated. The likes of Jayz,rihanna,akon and others that has used his words in their music listened to him without internet........FELA IS THE GREATEST

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by pxalmydee(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
fela came in a time when there was no internet, no social media to trend. A Time when your craft have to travel across the oceans for the other part of the world to hear you. fela was an activist,the British government fear his reign because of the truth he was speaking about the problem of Nigeria. the world noticed him for this. Fela was a prophet. he tried to warn us about the effect of slave masters religion. how it can messed up the heart of a common man. Fela predicted the death of Thomas Sankara with his song 3months to the time he was assassinated.he also prophesied that as the world is going forward, Africa will be going backward because of slave masters (Christianity and Islam) religion and selfishness of some. The likes of Jayz,rihanna,akon and others that has used his words in their music listened to him without internet........FELA IS THE GREATEST

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by seunny4lif(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
here in cyprus the guy dey bang evrryywhere
Fela and Asa songs are played in radio stations all over Germany and Italy.
Sometimes i heard Sunny Ade music, if they are talking about Africa music but Fela own na normal
I even recorded full playlist of Fela from Bayern Radio grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Ogbeni Wizkid right now is more hype than substance. When last did he have a hit?
Come Closer, This year.

All we are seeing is him featuring foreign artists which any artist can do.
You're hating.

Ps. Fela is definitely greater.
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Weedcrusher: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
In Fela voice

Basket mouth don start to leak again o
Oh oh oh oh
Basket mouth don open mouth again o
Them go open their mouths like basket
won la enu bi apere
Basket mouth don start to leak again o

All the fools comparing Wizkid to Abami Eda are basketmouths

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Wizaugpet(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
Comparing Wizkid to Fela is like waiting for a Ship at Airport... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by nwadiuko1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
koolaid87:
Fela's ideology was too deep for any kids out there. Fela was a prophet and never tripped for any juice like most people do. He was too deep and genuinely love the people. He only used music as a tool to fight the oppressor. He sacrificed his life for speaking the truth. Wizzy on the other hand is a good musician, balling and chasing the juice everywhere. The diff is clear.

Fela is on the same pedestal as 2pac, bob Marley.

They will be remembered until the end of time
heard he tripped for pu.ssy and caught the bug
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by chronique(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
Big ups to Fasasi Olanrewaju(sound sultan) for coming out to speak up against the comparison between rave of the moment act(Wizkid) and legendary African act(Fela). At a point, I actually thought I was the only one who felt the comparison was overboard. Comparison between both, can be likened to a tasty concoction rice made by a group of students in the hostel which they ate and found very tasty amongst themselves, and a properly prepared tasty party jollof rice prepared by seasoned caterers, to be served to dignitaries at a function. You can serve that concoction rice to a group of people who would appreciate it but you can't serve that to people who have had tastier meals.

Wizkid is hot and is good at what he does and has the potential to attain legendary status someday in the future and we all must support him in the best possible ways we can. But we shouldn't exaggerate his status and compare him with people who have walked in greater shoes as we would be disrespecting them, and also be unfair to wizzy. You don't ask a child to run a 100m sprint with extraordinarily oversized boots and expect him to meet up to your expectations... Fela and wizkid are miles apart and in different worlds. But I believe wizkid would someday get there.

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by laborious(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
netmoneywizard:
Fela is overrated...
wetin you know? Which year dem born you?

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please Fela has no rival NOT in this life or in the next. Anikulapo Abami-eda RIP.

There are two Muscians in Nigeria (past, present and future) - Fela and the rest!

1 Like

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
BreezyCB:
Fela world best
Wizkid African Best
Don't quote me
I quote you - oya come and beat me tongue

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by BreezyCB(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
FisifunKododada:

I quote you - oya come and beat me tongue
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by rookiy(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
celebsnest:
Nigerian singer, Sound Sultan has reacted to the recent praise Wizkid has been getting as regards him being compared with legendary afrobeat singer, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti..

In a chat with HipTV, the veteran singer urged Nigerians to drop the comparison between the two singers as they are of different time..

He then went further to reveal he doesn't want the comparison to weigh down the singer as it is not necessary to compare Fela and Wizkid

He said;

"I don't want anybody to start comparing Wizkid with Fela, they are on different spaces..
Wizkid tells you, even when you read his lyrics, he will tell you Fela back.. This is someone trying to idolise Fela..

I am sure he doesn't want that comparison

Wizkid is in a space that he is trying to make Africa proud in this time and this age, let him enjoy, let him evolve without the comparison"

Watch video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8Uv72biKM

see more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/dont-compare-wizkid-fela/

sound sultan ..were dn die ..instead of him to be comparing
.himself to wizkid ..he dey say rubbish
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
Olorikemi1:
Abi o

O ju yi tutu - omo yi o ni ewa o! Ki lo shele gan gan wink
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Please Fela has no rival NOT in this life or in the next. Anikulapo Abami-eda RIP.

There are two Muscians in Nigeria (past, present and future) - Fela and the rest!
sharap
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
hilroy:
All the people comparing Wizkid to Fela are kids. No mature mind we even compare Wizkid to Femi not to talk of Baba 70. If Wizkid like, he should win 50 grammy, he can never be on the same level with Abami Eda shikena.

fallacy! Femi is overrated... on what basis is femi greater than wizkid? because he's a son to fela? ...
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
Drienzia:
sharap
you well? - sharap 4 internet forum? Think again tongue
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
gillz:
Person wey never see 2face back na Fela dem dey compare am wit because e dey smoke igbo wit Chris Brown
sharap... una just de hype 2face. in what way is 2face better than Dbanj and Psquare?
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by psalmuelwater(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
I cant even compare wizkid to seun kuti, they are two different artists, let alone femi kuti, its utter disrespect to Fela. Made Kuti(Femi's son) is not yet making records o, but am damn sure i won't even compare him to wizkid. Make una jz let the wizkid and davido comparison continue abeg.
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
FisifunKododada:

you well? - sharap 4 internet forum? Think again tongue
Perhaps u think d word "shut up" is only applicable to someone talking

in this case, the "shut up/sharap" in my statement is an intransitive verb... think again
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
psalmuelwater:
I cant even compare wizkid to seun kuti, they are two different artists, let alone femi kuti, its utter disrespect to Fela. Made Kuti(Femi's son) is not yet making records o, but am damn sure i won't even compare him to wizkid. Make una jz let the wizkid and davido comparison continue abeg.
On what basis is seun better than wizkid?
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
Drienzia:
Perhaps u think d word "shut up" is only applicable to someone talking

in this case, the "shut up/sharap" in my statement is an intransitive verb... think again

no speak big grammar for here - sharap is applied to someone talking... tongue
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Drienzia: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
FisifunKododada:

no speak big grammar for here - sharap is applied to someone talking... tongue
This would help

Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
Who de kumpare fela wit wizkid? U don smoke weed 4 toilet finish go f*ck t*t* finish kum de talk shit.
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by FisifunKododada: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Drienzia:
This would help

So how can I stop typing what I have already posted? You well so?
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by aweade(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
Comparing wizkid with fela ke
Is just like comparing a cat with lion
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Ecuador1(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
netmoneywizard:
Fela is overrated...

100% true
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Ecuador1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
nnokwa042:
But why I no dey hear WizKid music here for Europe?

Fela own no cross naija
N if e cross naija
Nar only afonjas go listen to dat kind mumu muzik
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by Ecuador1(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
gillz:
Person wey never see 2face back na Fela dem dey compare am wit because e dey smoke igbo wit Chris Brown

Who b fela
Re: "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan by psalmuelwater(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Drienzia:
On what basis is seun better than wizkid?
No offense sir, but i would love to know your age range, and what your playlists look like, pls. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Sophia Momodu And Davido’s Babymama Association Fan / Flora And Solomon Lange Expecting Baby (babyshower Photos) / Monalisa Chinda & Daughter Shares Lovely Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.