Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead (17730 Views)

Gbenga Ayegbayo Is Dead / Chris Olakpe, LASTMA CEO, Is Dead / Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by zombieHUNTER: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Warri the capital of delta

Is ok
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
EzeEbira:
warrior capital of delta state

hmm

zombieHUNTER:
Warri the capital of delta

Is ok

Its not the capital but it houses an annex of the state government house.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by gurunlocker: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
fratermathy:

Because Itsekiri is a Yoruboid language.
Thanks man... Reading about it now.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by GavelSlam: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rest in peace sir.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by esoket1776: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Op! Warri is not the capital of delta state ooo

Efewestern:

Renowned Itsekiri historian, Pa. Johnson Oritsegbubemi Sunday Ayomike a.k.a, Pa. J.O.S. is dead.

The former Chairman of Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, ILO, the apex Itsekiri Social Cultural body, died in Warri, the Delta State capital, Wednesday night at a private hospital.

The deceased younger brother, Joe Ayomike, who confirmed the passage in a terse statement said, “The former leader of Itsekiri apex socio-cultural umbrella body, Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, is dead.”

“Pa J O S Ayomike passed on peacefully in a Warri private hospital at about 9pm today Wednesday 4th October, 2017. He was aged 90 on April 7th, 2017”.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/05/jos-ayomike-renowned-historian-itsekiri-leader-dead/

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
gurunlocker:
Why is the name looking like a yoruba name?
exactly. You said my mind. I heard itsekiri has a dialect similar to Yoruba. Besides Delta state was a part of the defunct Mid-West Region so they might be partly yoruba excluding Anioma.
Cc Fratermathy Ezigbonmadu

1 Like

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Flaghouse1: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
folakemigeh:
RIP Sir

This one you dey say RIP sir, a I you be itsekiri
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by onuwaje(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
He will surely be missed
His literature was his weapon for the Itsekiri race
This is his picture

Odugba Oton Iwere!

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Efewestern: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

Aren't Yorubas and Itsekiris siblings?

Dede = Dede
Omowunmi = Omawunmi

Just a random thought!

gurunlocker:
Why is the name looking like a yoruba name?

itsekiri speaks Yoruba language but have different culture.

cc: onuwaje

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
exactly. You said my mind. I heard itsekiri has a dialect similar to Yoruba. Besides Delta state was a part of the defunct Mid-West Region so they might be partly yoruba excluding Anioma.

Itsekiri is purely Yoruboid except in the aspect of culture (where they are more Edoid).

Other parts of Delta (except Anioma), have closer affinity with Yoruba than any other majority ethnic group. Some Urhobo-Isoko clans specifically trace their origin to Ife.

However, we are not partly Yoruba as you put it. We just have a higher affinity with Yorubas due to precolonial contact, friendship, and perhaps, origins.

7 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by onuwaje(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Efewestern:

itsekiri speaks Yoruba language but have different culture.

cc: onuwaje

The Itsekiri is a Yoruboid group
They speak a dialect of the Yoruba language but their culture is highly influenced by the Benin folks and thay of their neighbors.

They re very close to the Ilaje people

1 Like

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Efewestern: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
esoket1776:
Op! Warri is not the capital of delta state ooo

Unofficial capital!!!!!!!!

beside I was not the one that wrote it, just to create awareness, the man is a great itsekiri man.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by prestigiouslady: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
fratermathy:
RIP Chief Ayomike, the defender of the Itsekiri!

Omi'Were Dede!

Eeeeeee
Omi Nigeria Dede
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Efewestern: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
onuwaje:

The Itsekiri is a Yoruboid group
They speak a dialect of the Yoruba language but their culture is highly influenced by the Benin folks and thay of their neighbors.

They re very close to the Ilaje people

my thoughts.

See your update, had to run some search to confirm, may his soul rest him peace.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
fratermathy:

Itsekiri is purely Yoruboid except in the aspect of culture (where they are more Edoid).

Other parts of Delta (except Anioma), have closer affinity with Yoruba than any other majority ethnic group. Some Urhobo-Isoko clans specifically trace their origin to Ife.

However, we are not partly Yoruba as you put it. We just have a higher affinity with Yorubas due to precolonial contact, friendship, and perhaps, origins.
em thanks 4 the info. Em does Delta state share boundary with the Atlantic ocean just as Rivers, Akwa ibom and Cross River does?
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
em thanks 4 the info. Em does Delta state share boundary with the Atlantic ocean just as Rivers, Akwa ibom and Cross River does?

Of course. Specifically in Itsekiri and Ijaw areas. Delta South terminates at the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
Many thanks to Opakan2, Fratermathy and Efewestern for the clarification.

3 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by wirinet(m): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Oton Iwere Dede, no kin aghan.

Chief Ayomike is a great loss to Iwere kingdom.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2017

PS: I love listening to Omawunmi's Magbele song.

Ewo obi...... dede
Ayesun ayesun

Please pardon my spelling.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
fratermathy:

Of course. Specifically in Itsekiri and Ijaw areas. Delta South terminates at the Atlantic Ocean.
wow never knew oh what about Edo state? Anyways i'm proudly Ibibio
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by onuwaje(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

PS: I love listening to Omawunmi's Magbele song.

Ewo obi...... dede
Ayesun ayesun

Please pardon my spelling.

Ewo Omiwere dede

Aisun
Eyesun

4 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
wow never knew oh what about Edo state? Anyways i'm proudly Ibibio

It's DELTA State, not Edo.

By the way, Mesiere o! Abadie? grin
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
DP
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
onuwaje:

Ewo Omiwere dede
Aisun Eyesun
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU!!!
Please the interpretation if you don't mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
fratermathy:

Mesiere o! Abadie?
idioke. Actually mesiere means Gudmorning.. Heard u lived at Ibiam street and u're purchasing your PGD at uniuyo.
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
idioke. Actually mesiere means Gudmorning.. Heard u livedand u're purchasing.

Don't mind my feeble attempts at Ibibio.

I'm done with the programme. If I may ask, how did you know that?
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Amarabae(f): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
Was he popular?because I have never heard about him, rip to him!
Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by fratermathy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
Amarabae:
Was he popular?because I have never heard about him,
rip to him!

You need not have heard about him. He's not a loud or proud man.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Ezigbonmadu: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

We are one big family. The Pigs and Idiots are welcome to join us if they repent of their transgressions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johnson Oritsegbubemi Ayomike Is Dead by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

We are one big family. The Pigs and Idiots are welcome to join us if they repent of their transgressions.
lol bro what's ur state of origin?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Die As Suicide Bombers Attack Konduga Community In Borno State / APC UK Mocks Patience Jonathan As Supreme Court Upholds FG’s Seizure Of $8.4m / Joke Sanwo-Olu Welcomes First Babies Of The Year In Three Lagos Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.