Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo (716 Views)

Please Who Knows The Owner Of Ihostafrica.com, They Are Not Responding / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Pls help review my new website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by BidzaMoyo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
Hello everyone

Please may you take the time to review my website.

@ Donpuzo thanks for the challenge!

http://www.domainnameregistrationhub.com/

Thanks for taking the time to review the site. Your feedback in whatever form will greatly appreciated.
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
Ok Bidza,

I think using plain text and changing it colour then a : in front is not so perfect.

Just try and sort out a logo. Or a very styled text, if you intend to keep it that simple.

The looks complements the site's purpose. Mostly informative sites like that always look this way.

You could try getting a favicon Here is the tag:

<link rel="icon" href="./newfav.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="./newfav.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

Just change the new fav to the named image and make sure it is converted to .ico, if u need to convert an image get a converted that converts image to ico format one can be gotten on the download section of my site. After signup.

A contact link should be in the links below.

The one i saw, it was tagged feed back the name contact us is better. Cause i passed it a million times looking for how to contact you. No back end validation and that caused empty info to be sent to the receiving end. Which is not good.

Overall, you did a brilliant job and made good use of google ads and other esthetical works. I greatly admire your effort.

Ginjah ur Swagger!!!
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by BidzaMoyo(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ Donpuzo

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with the "contact us" link I will sort that out on my next update. Cheers

LOGO, yes I know it's simple unfortunately I am not really gifted like that BUT I see your point. Will try out different fonts.

Glad you like my site, thanks dude!
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 09, 2010
You are welcome man.

Just keep it going smooth and fine.
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by DualCore1: 5:22am On Mar 09, 2010
Hmmmm, I just woke up and still booting my cores, plus everything around me looks weird so i cant do a proper review. But erm. . . i don't like the look of the entire site. I can only wish Nigerian sites were this content driven and informative.

The look aint great but too much information that I can use on it so i have bookmarked this on my "Web Master" bookmark folder.

I'm certain you will get a cleaner result if you make this site as a blog smiley

Hope you work with Donpuzo to come up with a better look.
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 09, 2010
@Dualcore. Good morning sir, i am happy to see you sir, God bless you sir. Amen
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by BidzaMoyo(m): 11:39am On Mar 09, 2010
@ Dual Core
- “I don't like the look of the entire site.”
- “I can only wish Nigerian sites were this content driven and informative.”

Firstly thanks for taking the time to give me feedback. Much appreciated.

From your comments I take it the design is not to your liking or is it the overall colour of the site ORANGE?

Let me give you a bit of background, the original colour of this site was green (my favourite colour). But the statistics where not adding up, unique visitors where low, Google Adsense revenue was not great and I had earned nothing from my affiliate links. So I did some research and I came across an article on the “Psychology of Colour” when designing a website.

Find excerpts from the research I did -

“Colour is a very powerful element in web design.
Psychologists have suggested that colour impression can account for 60% of the acceptance or rejection of a product or service. Market researchers have also determined that colour affects online users browsing habits.

Red is a good accent color as it stimulates people to make quick decisions.

Blue has a rather calming effect, however when combined with warm colors (yellow, red), it can result in vibrant and high-impact designs.

Yellow - stimulates mental activity and is very effective as an attention grabber.

Green - as a predominant colour on a website - has been known to drive people away, so in most cases, unless the website is associated with nature, it is better to use it only for website accents.

Orange is the most flamboyant colour on the planet! It's the colour tied most this fun times, happy and energetic days, warmth and organic products. It is also associated with ambition. Orange is associated with a new dawn in attitude. Orange stimulates action in users.”

Since changing the design of my site to predominantly ORANGE; my visitors have gone up by about 45%, my Google Adsense revenue has gone by 60% and my affiliate revenue has gone from zero to about US$750. Okay we are not talking about vast amounts of money but I am a believer in psychology of colour. The funny thing is I do not like orange much as a colour but that is besides the point. I treat my site as a business and anything the increase my revenue get’s my vote.

So Dual core I hope that explains my logic. I am still very interested to hear what you think as I have read some of your reviews on other sites, you seem to be a man who knows what he is talking about.

Cheers.
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
hmmm Bidza, so u get time for color research. Me when i develop sites, i use colors that won't scare away users and like not too sharp stuffs. I use color schemer studio, to find the best color that complements sites.

@Dual, i have nothing with the color, if you take not, sites of such nature are predominatly known for orange, then texts are large black.

@Bidza. Thank God say agustoproduce na about livestock and livestock can be also in nature/agriculture. I been won redo css work out, when i hear green dey scare users.
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by BidzaMoyo(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Donpuzo - I reworked my logo what do you think. I have also made the oranges slightly lighter. I was getting a headache looking at the screen grin

Tell you what Donpuzo if can come up with a logo that compliments my site, I will donate a few dollars for services rendered. As I said before I do not want anything too fancy BUT I agree a logo is important for establishing the online brand for my site. What do you think dude?
Re: Please Review My Website: Responding To A Request By Donpuzo by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
First i think i have no problem with the color. Like i said.

The new look is cool, in terms of changing text style and the other stuffs, its better than plane text.

Think a logo may do better. As for the dollars, keep it, i am a person, my company is different. If you need a logo, in our services page we put that up there. Look around the site and make a request in the contact area. If you can pay the fee, good, if not, grin

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: A Professional Web Designer (& Hosting) / Bulk Sms At N1:50k / Mcse Exam Will Cowl All Core Network Examination Concerns According To The Specific Network Test And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.