Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,773 members, 7,844,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. (9396 Views)

Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect / 2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
i think with the run down intelligence network in nigeria, with it.s artificial and ojoro  chains of command, where ranka dede is the order of the day among military officers, jonathan had no choice than to put someone who is respected by this incompetent security operatives, it will be clearly naive for jonathan to put someone who is not them them, becos they will not follow this person orders and purposely sabotage his efforts. it is also very clear that the nigerian military machine(okada) was and is still run by certain group of people of which gusau is among. let us watch and see what happens.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gunnaz007: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2010
@ na so, i second your motion, but to the best of my knowledge, the four Governors that are on Jonny's side in the Governor's Forum are Fashola (AC Lagos), Peter Obi (APGA Anambra), Liyel Imoke (PDP Cross River), and Babangida Aliyu (PDP Niger). Fashola cannot be part of that sham display by the constitutionally unknown Governor's Forum.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by ikennahill: 12:19am On Mar 09, 2010
those organizing these killings should be hanged.if govt. dont punish people it will continue,if govt cant protect Nigerians,na foreigners them go protect.rubbish. what a country.if care is not taken this can lead to civil war .govt should do something.punish these killers.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 12:30am On Mar 09, 2010
na_so:

This job is a very delicate hence only a fool will bank on support of faceless men here on NL, who show courage only from the comfort of anonymity. The job requires a proper blend of TACT,MIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MEEKNESS.

We are not "faceless men who show courage from the comfort of anonymity" . We are the employers of Jonathan and Yar Adua even if those folks and the sycophants who surround them don't remember that fact . What do you suggest Nigerians do ? Shut up and accept all the scheming that has relegated the effective governance of the Nation to the background? In decent nations average citizens should have a significant input in policy direction . It is bad enough the politicians have total disregard and disdain for us but must we average Nigerians view each other as irrelevant also?

So because we cannot all carry guns to defend Jonathan we must all shut up and watch him pack our political space with men who have a history of ensuring that average Nigerians are shortchanged ?

When Danjuma , through his new plum job , makes another $500 million he does not know how to spend , while Nigerians continue to die because they cannot afford medical treatment costing $1 , I will remember that the opinion of us faceless men does not matter since it is the leaders , and not the people , who own Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Pataki: 12:32am On Mar 09, 2010
Gusau himself in my opinion is no better. Jonathan surely can think of something more productive and better than what he has done.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naso2(m): 12:36am On Mar 09, 2010
@Gbawe

So for everything wey i talk na the only thing wey u see be that. I think you are missing the point I am trying to make here. Make i sleep abeg, I go answer u properly tommorow.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Mar 09, 2010
Is Goodluck Jonathan walking in the footsteps of Yaradua? shocked
Cause we all know Yaradua only sacked top officials before he finally left office. . .
Let's just just hope he actually does something to improve Nigeria and not sacking ministers and top officials.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 12:58am On Mar 09, 2010
Gunnaz007:

@ na so, i second your motion, but to the best of my knowledge, the four Governors that are on Jonny's side in the Governor's Forum are Fashola (AC Lagos), Peter Obi (APGA Anambra), Liyel Imoke (PDP Cross River), and Babangida Aliyu (PDP Niger). Fashola cannot be part of that sham display by the constitutionally unknown Governor's Forum.

Don'tmake things up. The four governors that support Jonathan are; Liyel Imoke(Cross River), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Muazu Babangida Aliyu (Niger) and Jigawa's Sule Lamido (Jigawa). The rest of the governors, including Fashola, are either a part of or are beholden to the cabal.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2010
na_so:

@Gbawe

So for everything wey i talk na the only thing wey u see be that. I think you are missing the point I am trying to make here. Make i sleep abeg, I go answer u properly tommorow.

Bro, I noted everything else you wrote. I feel your argument is only legitimate if applied to the needs of Jonathan and other schemers plotting to gain power advantages . It is the wrong argument from the perspective of long suffering Nigerians who have to put up with prehistoric living conditions and the threat of imminent slaughter everyday.

Ths is why I focused on how you infer that the opinions of "faceless Nigerians" does not matter. It is almost as if you are insinuating that Jonathan's political survival is paramount above everything else when most people will argue that , at all times and with all scenarios factored in , the effective leadership of Nigeria should overcome parochial sentiments . What Jonathan is doing now is tantamount to how OBJ packed criminal politicians everywhere in his quest to have a firm grip on power by proxy. For example ,  OBJ knew that Alao-Akala , with his 'dishonourable discharge' from the NPF, was bad news for the folks of Oyo state. Yet our former President did not care because having many loyal 'Generals' everywhere was far more important for OBJ's continued political relevance than the effective governance of every corner of Nigeria. What is happening in Oyo state today ? I am fed up of all these silly games and 'arrangee' shenanigans  that forget to take the needs of Nigerians into consideration.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijaking1: 1:04am On Mar 09, 2010
^^^^
Word!
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by netotse(m): 1:06am On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

Don'tmake things up. The four governors that support Jonathan are; Liyel Imoke(Cross River), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Muazu Babangida Aliyu (Niger) and Jigawa's Sule Lamido (Jigawa). The rest of the governors, including Fashola, are either a part of or are beholden to the cabal.

is it the same oshiomhole that said jonathan should not be known as the president that usurped his boss? ð
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 1:12am On Mar 09, 2010
na_so:

And your point is?

Many of us seem not to understand the difficult position jonathan finds himself now. When you  have just 4 of the 36 governors on your side(this even excludes percieved southern  progressives like fashola and mimiko), your geopolitical region contributes some of your strongest opposition,you are not from one of the three major tribes,your political party has publicly voiced its unfavourable position,the north sees you as an enemy and has sufficient numbers to pull an impeachment through.

Then you will know that its not just the "aluta" approach that will see you through. When you fight a formidable IBB and traditional elements like the Emir that will come as far as to make inflamtory comments  on the wrongdoing of the COAS. then you know that having the OBJs,Danjuma and Gusau on your side is not a bad idea afterall.

Jonathan will definitely sack a lot of ministers very soon. The PAC is only a smokescreen , he knows those that have erred and will only validate his desires with a comprehensive report.

This job is a very delicate hence only a fool will bank on support of faceless men here on NL, who show courage only from the comfort of anonymity. The job requires a proper blend of TACT,MIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MEEKNESS.

You've said it all. It couldn't be said any clearer.
A lot of us forget that we are living in a country we help create with our actions and utterences. Jonathan is the first Southern minority president, that alone cuts his job out, up till now, it has been a wazobia party. Jonathan who is seen as a stranger (especially by the North - read Hausa / Fulani) must be able to bond with all sections of the country without raising suspicion that he is only out to fight a Southern minority agenda and maroon major ethnicities (again, especially the Hausa / Fulani). He has an extremly delicate job to do.

I have said it numerous times, it is still the same Jonathan that cleared and sacked every living thing that bore the policies of his predecesor in Bayelsa. If he hasn't done the same in Aso Rock, there are good reasons.
Let us not forget that it took OBJ, a military man a full month as unchallenged president before he could make any changes to the military.

. . .But as you pointed out, NL is packed with pseudo-knowledgeable folk who strenuously talk bull. . . You know the drill. wink

Lets at least give the man some room to breath.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2010
netotse:

is it the same oshiomhole that said jonathan should not be known as the president that usurped his boss? ð

My broda, the prospect of power has ways of sharply rearranging perceptions. grin
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Mobinga: 1:33am On Mar 09, 2010
ode remo:

[ the present administration, and wished him well in his future endeavour

why thank the moraphoka, why just not berate the man for being useless at his job, give him six lashes to send him packing aswell.
cheesy
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by mininija: 1:35am On Mar 09, 2010
Good ***

Adding updates and follow ups on http://mini-nija.ning.com

You guys should check it out,
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 1:37am On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

. . .But as you pointed out, NL is packed with pseudo-knowledgeable folk who strenuously talk bull. . . You know the drill. wink

You are ungracious , very immature and childish. Those undesirable qualities show in how you are consumed with a constant desire to attempt ridiculing those who write what you don't like to read . Mature folks understand the need for candid debate and they understand that , personal opinion aside , it is best to disspasionately inspect what others write. Not so with you. Even if someone you dislike is making perfect sense you still would not agree with what they write because you are irredeemably vengeful and socially immature. Not surprising considering you indicate , with your Nairaland name, your preference for belligerence.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 1:39am On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe:

You are very immature and childish. Those undesirable qualities show in how you are consumed with a constant desire to attempt ridiculing those who write what you don't like to hear. Mature folks understand the need for candid debate and they understand that , personal opinion aside , it is best to disspasionately inspect what others write. Not so with you. Even if someone you dislike is making perfect sense you still would not agree with what they write because you are irredeemably vengeful and socially immature. Not surprising considering you indicate , with your Nairaland name, your preference for belligerence.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Whats your problem? Did I say anything to you?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Kabikala(m): 1:49am On Mar 09, 2010
Oshiomhole is one of the governors who are vociferously against a Jonathan presidency. I heard him explaining at  the AC convention in Benin last weekend why it is unfair to sack someone just because the person is sick. We keep hearing that he thinks he stands a better chance for president in 2015 if Jonathan is prevented from assuming the office of president.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Gbawe: 1:49am On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Whats your problem? Did I say anything to you?

You think it is wise to ungraciously accuse other contributors of "pseudo" (fake/false) knowledge " because they don't agree with your position? Learn to respect those who don't share your views rather than insult them .

Claiming others "strenously talk bull" because they disagree with your position is another demonstration of your immaturity and intolerance. You are the one with the problem even as you attempt to pretend otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by mojojojo(m): 1:56am On Mar 09, 2010
This is the fourth time Aliyu Gusau is NSA. They are bringing him back because he is good at his job.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Beaf: 2:01am On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe:

You think it is wise to ungraciously accuse other contributors of "pseudo" (fake/false) knowledge " because they don't agree with your position? Learn to respect those who don't share your views rather than insult them .

Claiming others "strenously talk bull" because they disagree with your position is another demonstration of your immaturity and intolerance. You are the one with the problem even as you attempt to pretend otherwise.

Do you think I'm on NL to worship you or something? I have taken enough from you this evening. What is your problem? Did your wife beat you? grin
Perhaps, you feel I was referring to you because deep in your heart you suspect yourself of "strenously talking bull"?

Abeg go and rest jare, you're tired! grin

Kabikala:

Oshiomhole is one of the governors who are vociferously against a Jonathan presidency. I heard him explaining at  the AC convention in Benin last weekend why it is unfair to sack someone just because the person is sick. We keep hearing that he thinks he stands a better chance for president in 2015 if Jonathan is prevented from assuming the office of president.

Na wa! Is this true?
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Obonbo: 2:15am On Mar 09, 2010
Long time coming cheesy grin. His case is like the proverbial goat that the owner wanted to roast,then goes to rub kerosene on its body.The acting president has been embarrased enough,remb they deployed soldiers to the airport without the knowlegde of the commander in chief,if it was a coup that would have been it.GOOD RIDDANCE cool wink
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by bayoolly: 3:06am On Mar 09, 2010
more to go useless leader must be sacked and jailed
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by henry4uall(m): 3:13am On Mar 09, 2010
Next to be sacked,I believe, shoud be that Abdul, Danbanzza
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by tai2(m): 3:19am On Mar 09, 2010
People talking about Aliyu Gusau as the same old stock, don't have a damn idea what they are talking about. This was the same man responsible for the creation of the SSS, NIA and the Directorate of Military Intelligence . Without men like Gusau this country for don collapse tey tey. The guy is first class military intelligence, anyone who is who in the army fears him, from IBB to Obasanjo, thats why they keep bringing him back.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by onyengbu1(m): 3:36am On Mar 09, 2010
I was not there in 1966 but it appears that jonathan is threading the path of ironsi. Sorrounding himself with enemies just to prove to them that he is with them.
Lets just hope he will not end up like ironsi.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by hollandis(f): 4:38am On Mar 09, 2010
jonathan is so daft,can't he act with integrity again?So the jos violence cant be solved ehnnnnnnn
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Suhaibu(m): 5:38am On Mar 09, 2010
Good job, Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by naijacann: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2010
he sacked him and then replaced him with an even more useless person.
Why must he recycle Gusau? Of what use is he? I'd thought that recycling
Lukman was supposed to be the last but this Gusau is just a joke. He was OBJ's NSA.
He is also IBB's right hand man and has nothing to offer.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by sulad82i(m): 7:09am On Mar 09, 2010
one step at a time.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by Akanbiedu(m): 7:33am On Mar 09, 2010
As expected, Dr. Jonathan has done what they normally do- find a scapegoat. And who is the replacement? Gusau. I think we need to have the statistics of the casualty in Jos when he was the NSA under OBJ.
Re: Jonathan Removes National Security Adviser Sarki Mukhtar With Immediate Effect. by emmydee(m): 7:38am On Mar 09, 2010
Rilwanu Lukman's recycling was d last thing i expected from this govt. but they brought him back!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson Is Best Nigerian Gov. Says Secondus / IMF Urges Nigeria To Reduce Debt Vulnerabilities / Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.