Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,211 members, 7,846,019 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? (655 Views)

No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by chykeo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2010
HI folks! Acting President Jonathan just inuagurated the Presidential advisory council. If you were to be one of them, or if you have Jonathan's ears, what will you advice him on? You never know, maybe someone might be reading or Jonathan himself takes a peep at Nairaland once in a while and your advice might change things in Nigeria for good.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by ElRazur: 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
Chop and let's chop. grin
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by redsun(m): 10:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

Chop and let's chop. grin

The core problem of nigeria centers on this statement.Chop i chop.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by ElRazur: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
redsun:

The core problem of nigeria centers on this statement.Chop i chop.

He asked for an advice, he got one lol. grin
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by redsun(m): 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

He asked for an advice, he got one lol. grin

Abio,but do really think it is the right thing to say?
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by ElRazur: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
redsun:

Abio,but do really think it is the right thing to say?

From a joking point of view? Yeah.

The problem with this kind of thread is that these things will never happen in real life. In other words, regardless of what good advice people post up here, there is remote chance that any of us will actually have that chance, hence why I do not bother to make serious post sometimes with threads like this.

Do Jonathan and his people read nairaland? Probably not. And even if they do, there is a chance they have bigger fish to fry to be honest. It is nothing but an "If thread".
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by chykeo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2010
ElRazur:

From a joking point of view? Yeah.

The problem with this kind of thread is that these things will never happen in real life. In other words, regardless of what good advice people post up here, there is remote chance that any of us will actually have that chance, hence why I do not bother to make serious post sometimes with threads like this.

Do Jonathan and his people read nairaland? Probably not. And even if they do, there is a chance they have bigger fish to fry to be honest. It is nothing but an "If thread".

Point here is u 'never know'! And I think these days that ideas will postulate here today can form the basis of decsions tomorrow. U never know. And fate can thrust the mantle of leadership on us tomorrow.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by ElRazur: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
chykeo:

Point here is u 'never know'! And I think these days that ideas will postulate here today can form the basis of decsions tomorrow. U never know. And fate can thrust the mantle of leadership on us tomorrow.

I think I have more chances of winning the lottery. grin
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by Shoot2Kill: 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
Mr President ,play russian roulette every night before you go to bed grin
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2010
I will tell him that opportunitity like this may never come again. I will advise to fire the ministers, remove Iwu. Restructure INEC and conduct a free and fair election. and finally if possible spearhead total rewriting of the constitution, like Mandela did. It's that simple.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2010
needless topic
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by chykeo(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
For me, I will advice him to declare a state of emergency in the power sectore immidiately. Set up a team that will ensure Nigeria has steady power supply within six months.

2. The Lagos Benin road might not be completed within the remnants of his tenure but something real can be done. Therefore to review the existing contract and hand it over to Julius Beger.

3. Overhaul and restructure the Police force. There should be a mass sack in the force.

4. Send a bill to the National assembly for the establishment of State Police.

5. Establish a human rights council that will be a watchdog of human right abuses like EFCC is to finance with headquarters in every state. A lot of human right abuses are going on in that country and no one is doing something about it.

POWER

INFRASTRUCTURE

SECURITY and

PEOPLE'S RIGHTS

are the fundamental areas where we really need fundamental actions in that country.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by SkyBlue1: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
chykeo:

For me, I will advice him to declare a state of emergency in the power sectore immidiately. Set up a team that will ensure Nigeria has steady power supply within six months.

2. The Lagos Benin road might not be completed within the remnants of his tenure but something real can be done. Therefore to review the existing contract and hand it over to Julius Beger.

3. Overhaul and restructure the Police force. There should be a mass sack in the force.

4. Send a bill to the National assembly for the establishment of State Police.

5. Establish a human rights council that will be a watchdog of human right abuses like EFCC is to finance with headquarters in every state. A lot of human right abuses are going on in that country and no one is doing something about it.

POWER

INFRASTRUCTURE

SECURITY and

PEOPLE'S RIGHTS

are the fundamental areas where we really need fundamental actions in that country.

ELECTORAL REFORMS, ELECTORAL REFORMS, ELECTORAL REFORMS. This man has just got one year. ONE YEAR. He might have an excuse for not being able achieve stable power supply by the time he is out, but for electoral reforms, there will be none. He has already wasted time, so personally I don't really take him that serious anymore. He has already started dragging his foot on something as important as electoral reforms when elections are next year, campaigning and primaries start this year, and the planning for the election would also probably start this year. Electoral reforms and putting an end to the silly "yay", "nay" voting in congress. Give those guys modern equipments to vote with abeg so we know who voted for what and who to hold accountable.
Re: If You Were To Advice Acting President Jonathan, What Will It Be? by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
Act fast while he has the opportunity.
Separate the EFCC from the arms of the govt, so they can do their job without wahala.
Take America up on their help for electricity and do it fast.
Do something about security in Nigeria

[size=18pt]Watch his back[/size]

(1) (Reply)

In Reply To Gaddaffi’s Statement On Splitting Nigeria / Tension Rises In Northern Nigeria After Pastor's Murder / Ibb-the Monster Of Minna !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.