Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For (962 Views)

Messages From Lord Jesus To Earth For Endtime And Rapture / What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority / "jesus Came To A Moslem When Everyone Else Has Left Him To Die” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
It bears reminding again and again and again:

Matthew 10:

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 [size=16pt]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.[/size]

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

42And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Luke 19: 27;

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by noetic16(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
and whats ur deduction from the highlighted verse?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
noetic16:

and whats your deduction from the highlighted verse?

That Jesus (if he existed) was a vile, reprehensible and evil man, to be avoided by all peace-loving people.
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by DeepSight(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Huxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

E don tey o!

Where u been at?

P.S: i think those verses should be taken in context of Judgment perhaps - simply the judgment that TRUTH delivers naturally to each man.

Whatever you might say of Uncle Jeeezy, no one can deny that he was one of the greatest: nay the greatest preacher of LOVE in recorded history.
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by noetic16(m): 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
huxley:

That Jesus (if he existed) was a vile, reprehensible and evil man, to be avoided by all peace-loving people.

would the above not amount to illiteracy on ur part considering that Jesus never killed anyone. . , and neither is there an account of division in families as a result of belief in Jesus.

why rule out the possibility of that verse meaning more than its face value?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by jagunlabi(m): 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
noetic16:

why rule out the possibility of that verse meaning more than its face value?
Christians always run with face value interpretations(literal interpretations) of the bible verses.That's how the christian doctrine was built.
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 09, 2010
jagunlabi:

Christians always run with face value interpretations(literal interpretations) of the bible verses.That's how the christian doctrine was built.
Werent u taught literature in secondary school especially figures of speech?
When Jesus said in luke 22vs14-20, that his disciples shd eat bread&said it is his body.Did he cut any part of his body&gave to his disciples to eat? If i said 'yar adua kicked d bucket' does dat mean he actually kicked a life bucket/pale? Or he has passed to d great beyond?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by richjohn1(m): 7:57am On Mar 09, 2010
@toba
So we should take that phrase as a figure of speech abi? OK you tell us what it means grin
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2010
Luke 19: 27. The emblematic message of love from Jesus Christ, reads:

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 09, 2010
huxley:

Luke 19: 27.   The emblematic message of love from Jesus Christ, reads:

How many pple were slayed before christ? If christ was bad why did he have to rebuke peter for using a sword? He ought to have allowed his disciples fought back when he was about to be arrested.Instead he voluntarily submitted himself
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2010
toba:

How many pple were slayed before christ? If christ was bad why did he have to rebuke peter for using a sword? He ought to have allowed his disciples fought back when he was about to be arrested.Instead he voluntarily submitted himself

Look, we can only judge Jesus by his own words. Why did he say such stupid and violent a thing? What did he really mean? Don't you realise that because of these stupid and violent words, many millions of people who did not want to be Christians have been killed, tortured, mutilated, all in the name of Jesus because of such silly words.

Why did he have to say these silly and stupid words?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
huxley:

Look, we can only judge Jesus by his own words.  Why did he say such silly and violent a thing?  What did he really mean?  Don't you realise that because of these silly and violent words, many millions of people who did not want to be Christians have been killed, tortured, mutilated, all in the name of Jesus because of such silly words.

Why did he have to say these silly and silly words?
When Noetic likened u to an illiterate,i felt that was too harsh,but on d contrary u re one.Jesus we know is peace loving&gentle.He told his followers who cared to listen that if they lov him they will keep his commandments.Part of which is love those that hate u&be kind to every1.During his lifetime he practised what he preached.For u to link any xtian atrocities to him shows u re deluded
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by sonofallah(m): 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
My Christians brothers/sisters,

You see - this Jesus prophet cannot be a god. How could a real god advocate such violent acts?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
toba:

When Noetic likened u to an illiterate,i felt that was too harsh,but on d contrary u re one.Jesus we know is peace loving&gentle.He told his followers who cared to listen that if they lov him they will keep his commandments.Part of which is love those that hate u&be kind to every1.During his lifetime he practised what he preached.For u to link any xtian atrocities to him shows u re deluded

Hello toba,

Who said the following:

"And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomor'rah than for that town."
(Matthew 10:12-15 RSV)

"Then He began to upbraid the cities where most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. 'Woe to you, Chorazin! woe to you, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of Judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that it shall be more tolerable on the Day of Judgment for the land of Sodom than for you." (Matthew 11:20-24 RSV)

Are the above words calculated to inspire love, peace and kindness to fellow humans?

Why did the Christians in the Middle Ages launch the Crusades against the Moslems, killing many millions of people in the process? Was it not in keeping with Jesus violence-inspiring words? Were they not directly obeying Jesus's instructions?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
huxley:

Hello toba,

"And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more [b]tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomor'rah than for that town."[/b] (Matthew 10:12-15 RSV)

Can u show me where Jesus directly instructed xtians to go and attack according to the verse u quoted? Is the Judgement day here on earth or in Heaven?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by richjohn1(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2010
tobaaaaaaaaaaaa,
you aren't answering the question, you are asking another one, the question once again is why would jesus say such a thing? I hope you know how many millions have been killed in the name of 'jesus' by the Roman Catholic Church TRULY he's a man of 'peace'
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by noetic16(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2010
rich_john:

tobaaaaaaaaaaaa,
you aren't answering the question, you are asking another one, the question once again is why would jesus say such a thing? I hope you know how many millions have been killed in the name of 'jesus' by the Roman Catholic Church TRULY he's a man of 'peace'

did Jesus kill anyone? did His disciples kill anyone?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by huxley(m): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2010
noetic16:

did Jesus kill anyone? did His disciples kill anyone?

Yes, many millions of people. Did Jesus not kill all living souls (except Noah's family) in the Great Noah Flood? Have you never heard of Sodom and Gomorah? Jesus has killed many millions of people in the past and continues killing people today?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by noetic16(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2010
huxley:

Yes, many millions of people.   Did Jesus not kill all living souls (except Noah's family) in the Great Noah Flood?   Have you never heard of Sodom and Gomorah?   Jesus has killed many millions of people in the past and continues killing people today?

I thought  Noah's generation and Sodom and Gomorrah were just tales of an "imaginary Jesus"? why would u believe such?
Anyway, the above people received DIVINE judgement for their sins . .  .  ,  they were no physically killed with a sword or knife.

Since your atheistic beliefs forbids u from subscribing to divine judgements. . .  .why then does the fate of Noah's generation and Sodom and Gomorrah bother u so much?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
rich_john:

tobaaaaaaaaaaaa,
you aren't answering the question, you are asking another one, the question once again is why would jesus say such a thing?

Honestly i dont know. Why dnt u ask jesus ur self?

rich_john:

I hope you know how many millions have been killed in the name of 'jesus' by the Roman Catholic Church TRULY he's a man of 'peace'

I dnt know how many millions had been killed in the name of jesus. Kindly tell me the number of millions of pple that were killed.

One question for u. Is there any difference in using the name of someone to kill and following a 'vivid order' bt someone to go and kill another?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
In the first place , Jesus came to the world to steal , fight , perform Magic to receive praises , and the hotest homosexual i've ever seen . how can only Jesus keep sleeping with good twelve guys inside bush and thick forest . . . . he only liked moving or running things with guys and thats why he's a gay . isn't an abormination but i hate it when the christians try hiding he's true IDENTITY.

I have been thinking about it , imagine when he see a sexy guy he would say ''If you know you love me , abardon your familly , friends, and home and follow me'- come lets go and flirt! .

Christians you better know your origin i plead you. . . cheesy
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
huxley:

Yes, many millions of people. Did Jesus not kill all living souls (except Noah's family) in the Great Noah Flood? Have you never heard of Sodom and Gomorah?

Have not heard oo tell me where to get the story of Sodom and Gomorah

huxley:

Jesus has killed many millions of people in the past and continues killing people today?

HEy ya i dnt know kindly tell me where to get the gist
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

In the first place , Jesus came to the world to steal , fight , perform Magic to receive praises , and the hotest homosexual i've ever seen . how can only Jesus keep sleeping with good twelve guys inside bush and thick forest . . . . he only liked moving or running things with guys and thats why he's a gay . isn't an abormination but i hate it when the christians try hiding he's true IDENTITY.

I have been thinking about it , imagine when he see a sexy guy he would say ''If you know you love me , abardon your familly , friends, and home and follow me'- come lets go and flirt! .

Christians you better know your origin i plead you. . . cheesy

How do u know he was a homosexual? give me empirical proof
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2010
toba , everybody know that Jesus H. Christia was a gay . therefore I shall not hesitate to answer the questions you have asked refuting the falsifications by the very words of the [Secret] Gospel” (Barnstone 342). "And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me.’ But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her unto the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan."

After these words follows the text, “And James and John come to him,” and all that section. But “naked man with naked man,” and the other things about which you wrote, are not found.

“And after the words, ‘And he comes into Jericho,’ the secret Gospel adds only, ‘And the sister of the youth [color=#990000]whom Jesus loved[/color], and his mother and Salome were there, and Jesus did not receive them. But many other things about which you wrote both seem to be and are falsifications.

This is the secrets of the gospel of mark, you know what i mean and i strongly believe my points are from the christian bible.

Firstly, the plain meaning of the words “naked man with naked man” and “whom Jesus loved” support the conclusion that Sexual union with a man as part of the sacrament was practiced and that is homosexualism.

This portrayal of the Messiah Jesus as partaking in sexual union fits well with the view of Jesus as a prophet, like Mohammed, Elijah, and others. Much has been written on the meaning of the Messiah .

Would it be very abnormal for Jesus to take a young man and in the religious initiation have sex with him?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

toba , everybody know that Jesus H. Christia was a gay . therefore I shall not hesitate to answer the questions you have asked refuting the falsifications by the very words of the [Secret] Gospel” (Barnstone 342). "And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me.’ But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her unto the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his unclothed body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan."

After these words follows the text, “And James and John come to him,” and all that section. But “unclothed man with unclothed man,” and the other things about which you wrote, are not found.

“And after the words, ‘And he comes into Jericho,’ the secret Gospel adds only, ‘And the sister of the youth [color=#990000]whom Jesus loved[/color], and his mother and Salome were there, and Jesus did not receive them. But many other things about which you wrote both seem to be and are falsifications.

This is the secrets of the gospel of mark, you know what i mean and i strongly believe my points are from the christian bible.

Firstly, the plain meaning of the words “unclothed man with unclothed man” and “whom Jesus loved” support the conclusion that Sexual union with a man as part of the sacrament was practiced and that is homosexualism.

This portrayal of the Messiah Jesus as partaking in sexual union fits well with the view of Jesus as a prophet, like Mohammed, Elijah, and others. Much has been written on the meaning of the Messiah .

Would it be very abnormal for Jesus to take a young man and in the religious initiation have intimacy with him?

From all u ve posted theres still no proof that jesus was caught in the act or thers any proof?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
[size=13pt]Well , if you're still blind with the PROOF i droped you here is the source below , do me a favour by reading it and tell me what you understand.[/size]

http://ldolphin.org/Homo.shtml
toba:

From all u ve posted theres still no proof that jesus was caught in the act or thers any proof?
Re: Lest We Forget What Jesus Came On Earth For by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2010
He brought the sword on those that knows the truth and destroy others.
But brought peace to those that seek His face

(1) (Reply)

What Is Sin? / My Children Are Not Ready / Devil's Ploy To Accelerate Immorallity = 2go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.