Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators (26201 Views)

Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC / 2023: Second Term Governors Plot To Succeed Buhari / All PDP First Term Governors Emerge As Candidate For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Austinoiz(m): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Recycling of deadwoods...reason why money keep missing in NNPC, State Coffers and through NASS' constituency funds.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Austinoiz(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
Recycling of deadwoods...reason why money keeps disappearing here and there.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Chukazu: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
ivolt:

Your reason for stopping the former governors is quite laughable, it depicts
"come and chop" mentality which is drawing Nigeria backward.
Senate should not be a meal ticket to be shared and rotated.

What are you talking about...what do you mean by "come and chop"

That's totally way out of point

A governor going to the national Assembly is going to represent a "Geo-political" (Senatorial zone ) of a state

So if someone who had absolute control of a state for Eight years couldn't do enough impact, what impact can he now render to an ordinary Senatorial zone of the same state
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Evergreen4(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
Recycling leadership.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by jrusky(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
Greed!!!
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by ivolt: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chukazu:

What are you talking about...what do you mean by "come and chop"

That's totally way out of point

A governor going to the national Assembly is going to represent a "Geo-political" (Senatorial zone )a state

So if someone who had absolute control of a state for Eight years couldn't do enough impact, what impact can he now render to an ordinary Senatorial zone of the same state

The position of governor and a senator are vastly different.
Senate deals with legislations and oversights. Executives deal with
policies and projects.

It is our magical expectations from politicians that make them
complacent and take us for a ride with phantom unrealistic
promises. We urgently need political education so we don't
expect fishes to climb trees and blame them when they fail.

I have once seen a senator being ridiculed for not sharing
money, to his constituents, his duty is to share money and that
is how they measure his impact. They don't care what he does
in the Senate.

Provided a governor is legally qualified to contest, I see no reason
why his candidature should be contested just because he was once
a governor.

The question is not whether an aspirant was once a chairman or governor
but whether he has the qualifications and integrity to represent his constituents
in the house.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Adetewa: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
Evergreen4:
Recycling leadership.
yah, that's the democracy even in developed nations of the world..USA, UK etc
There is nothing wrong in that.
but where were the noise maker youths who wailing foe for nothing!
When I open thread upon threads on the area that they can agitating for, to be relevant politically in Nigeria politic!
THE WARD GOVERNMENT
I warned, If you agitating for secession, restructure, or revolution, you were wasting your time because if at all you won the power would still remain in the corridors of power.
How can youths eyes presidency, without knowledge of senate, reps, Governor, state reps, chairman, Councillor sit before?
fight for your capacity, clamoring for WARD GOVERNMENT WG, every step in politic begin from Ward
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by wickyyolo: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
I feel as though The governor will make a good President.

My mind has always been telling me that
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by zela(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
Jonah Jang Late Gyang Nyam Shom Pwajok Senator Gyang Danton..
Please are these descendants from South Korea?.. Or Are Half Ugandan Half Kenyans.. Hmm
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by FrancisIgya: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
What is the plan of Gov. Ortom of Benue state? A man who deliberately refuses to pay salaries and pension to his people.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
All I can deduce from this article is FEAR OF BEING IRRELEVANT.

These men are used to power, publicity and the perks of public life and thus can't let go of them.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by globatop: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
It is only a fool that will be doing a thing the same way and he will except a change, no Change until all these thieves are changed. They've held the jugular vein of this country, the same set of people that will reject restructuring. It is either we restructure or we disintegrate.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Adetewa: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
globatop:
It is only a fool that will be doing a thing the same way and he will except a change, no Change until all these thieves are changed. They've held the jugular vein of this country, the same set of people that will reject restructuring. It is either we restructure or we disintegrate.
those that had served his two term had constitutionally changed, and your vote can still make that change
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by orisa37: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mimiko and Fayiose should go to Senate. Osiomhole should go to Senate too.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by moninuola65: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
orisa37:
Mimiko and Fayiose should go to Senate. Osiomhole should go to Senate too.
yah if the people over them mandate!
what's certain they can't return back to governor!
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by 1Dray(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Gijaram is in Nganzai LG, not in Guzamala.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by chngebeginwthme: 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2017
aolawale025:
Why must the same set of people always be in office depending on government always

It's only South West Governors that never contest for Senate after leaving office, We are com-tempted..
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
aolawale025:
Why must the same set of people always be in office depending on government always

That's how politics works worldwide.

In America, there are senators that have served for over 44 years straight.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Ugosample(m): 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

That's how politics works worldwide.

In America, there are senators that have served for over 44 years straight.

true
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
9jakohai:

If that happened, would anything have changed?

One set of the corrupt would just have been replaced by another set of the corrupt.

The problem is Nigerians see government as 'their/our turn to change levels.'

That's what leadership is world over.

Don't u know it's the same people that are leading America for the last 100 years

Na to chop, dazol
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Abs76: 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Chukazu: 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
ivolt:

The position of governor and a senator are vastly different.
Senate deals with legislations and oversights. Executives deal with
policies and projects.

It is our magical expectations from politicians that make them
complacent and take us for a ride with phantom unrealistic
promises. We urgently need political education so we don't
expect fishes to climb trees and blame them when they fail.

I have once seen a senator being ridiculed for not sharing
money, to his constituents, his duty is to share money and that
is how they measure his impact. They don't care what he does
in the Senate.

Provided a governor is legally qualified to contest, I see no reason
why his candidature should be contested just because he was once
a governor.

The question is not whether an aspirant was once a chairman or governor
but whether he has the qualifications and integrity to represent his constituents
in the house.

A former governor going to the Senate is for what purpose exactly...to represent an enclave,a 1/3rd of the same state that he had govern for an entire Eight years..."where the buck stopped at his table"?

What can a "T.A orji do for a zone in Abia state that he couldn't have done as a chief executive officer of the entires state for Eight ?" undecided

The truth is we don't even need a Senate to function as a nation to start with

I said earlier on this forum...why should an average school certificate holder senator make a law for train lawyers at the Judiciary to interpret...as in seriouslyundecided
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by ivolt: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chukazu:

A former governor going to the Senate is for what purpose exactly...to represent an enclave,a 1/3rd of the same state that he had govern for an entire Eight years..."where the buck stopped at his table"?

What can a "T.A orji do for a zone in Abia state that he couldn't have done as a chief executive officer of the entires state for Eight ?" undecided

The truth is we don't even need a Senate to function as a nation to start with

I said earlier on this forum...why should an average school certificate holder senator make a law for train lawyers at the Judiciary to interpret...as in seriouslyundecided

You don't get it as with most Nigerians.
A senator represents his people not you.
If you don't like a candidate, you should vote for the opponent.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Zakkyoz: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
taylor88:
If i read this epistle make i die

Please, try and read it. It is very insightful especially to those who are interested in understanding Nigeria political shenanigans
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by belindar: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2017
That is why I like TINUBU. HE doesn’t even bother himself with the little ones running to senate rather he use his brain. Tinubu is only governor that is still relevant since 1999. All other governors since 1999 has disappeared and cannot command any troop
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Chukazu: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2017
ivolt:

You don't get it as with most Nigerians.
A senator represents his people not you.
If you don't like a candidate, you should vote for the opponent.
Which "his people" is he representing,the same people he govern for Eight years?

Vote for which opponent?

This is the mindset that is killing our politics.

Do you expect a former governor to lose a Senatorial election against a lesser known candidate after he must have acquired fame and money been governor?

Do you know the campaign is done while they are still in power thereby giving them the edge of power of incumbency?

Have you ever seen a former governor lose a Senatorial Seatundecided

If you don't know the dynamic of Nigerian politics ,it's easy to make certain assumption
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by Chukazu: 7:49am On Oct 08, 2017
belindar:
That is why I like TINUBU. HE doesn’t even bother himself with the little ones running to senate rather he use his brain. Tinubu is only governor that is still relevant since 1999. All other governors since 1999 has disappeared and cannot command any troop

Seriously?
Tinubu himself was once a Senator
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by orisa37: 7:50am On Oct 09, 2017
Buhari and Buruitai would upstage Democracy but for Governors turned Senators. 2023, Wike will go there too.
Re: 2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators by belindar: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Chukazu:

Seriously?
Tinubu himself was once a Senator

I believe Tinubu was a senator b4 1999 ever b4 he became governor. I said after 1999

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Reacts To Report Of Nnamdi Kanu In Ghana / Dangote Meets Okorocha As He Visits Owerri On A Business Trip / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.