Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (30913 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / World Cup; Lionel Messi's Wife Reacts After Argentina's Victory Over Nigeria. / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by bastien: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2017
motun2017:
an an dts too small na
blind my eyes ooh @dp
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by femi4: 5:38am On Oct 08, 2017
naijastoryz:
1. This is the hardest match we've played in the WCQ and it showed how we would react to a decent opposition. A lot of work needs to be done on this team as we're going to the tournament next year.

2. Our defence is average. Ezenwa is raw and not very good. He goofed in our 4-0 defeat at the WAFU final 2 weeks ago. We need a better keeper. Echejile is old and worn out: he doesn't have the legs any more. We need a veritable replacement. Leo and his CB partner looked ragged today against an average attack. I'm picturing how they would fare if they're faced with Harry Kane or Alvaro Morata.

3. Moses is NOT a no 10. Conte knows better. Asking him to play towards the centre was counterproductive. He did better against Cameroon because he was played in his natural position. Alex Iwobi is a better number 10 than Moses. Playing Moses towards the centre and Iwobi to the wide was an error.

4. We need better strikers. Ighalo who couldn't secure a spot at Watford and had to go to China seconded by Ihenacho who was booted out by Pep Guardiola and is yet to secure a spot at Leicester isn't good enough. Except the situation of one of these boys changes before next year, we must shop for another striker. It's unfortunate that both Chelsea FC's Tammy Abraham and Liverpool's Solanke have disowned us but we can shop more. We can't continue fluffing chances like we did today.

5. African referees continue to be shameful. Twice in this match, a clear onside was called offside by blind referees. A clear goal that should've stood was wrongly cancelled for Zambia. We won this match because African referees are incompetent and this is why they can never be respected on the global scale.

On the whole, congrats to my dear Nigerians (borrowing Buhari's words). See you in Russia next year!

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/10/5-things-about-match-by-peter-keyz.html
I weep for your blog

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by ReachHard: 5:51am On Oct 08, 2017
gemale:

Ezenwa was awarded the best keeper in WAFU having kept clean sheets in all but 1 match in the tournament. He has done an excellent job in the qualifiers only conceding a penalty. If he continues this way & if ikeme doesn't recovered before the world cup, i feel comfortable with him in goal at the world cup.

...MORE THAN comfortable sef.

Akpeyi, with all his experience under his belt, is still shaky on the big stage. Never put all your money on him like dat... Just imagine an Akpeyi against a NEYMAR or a SUAREZ in Russia. We fit chop plenty basket ooooo cheesy cheesy

That's just my point here! Give Ezenwa his shot he already deserves!!!
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by aribisala0(m): 6:03am On Oct 08, 2017
naijastoryz:
1. This is the hardest match we've played in the WCQ and it showed how we would react to a decent opposition. A lot of work needs to be done on this team as we're going to the tournament next year.

2. Our defence is average. Ezenwa is raw and not very good. He goofed in our 4-0 defeat at the WAFU final 2 weeks ago. We need a better keeper. Echejile is old and worn out: he doesn't have the legs any more. We need a veritable replacement. Leo and his CB partner looked ragged today against an average attack. I'm picturing how they would fare if they're faced with Harry Kane or Alvaro Morata.

3. Moses is NOT a no 10. Conte knows better. Asking him to play towards the centre was counterproductive. He did better against Cameroon because he was played in his natural position. Alex Iwobi is a better number 10 than Moses. Playing Moses towards the centre and Iwobi to the wide was an error.

4. We need better strikers. Ighalo who couldn't secure a spot at Watford and had to go to China seconded by Ihenacho who was booted out by Pep Guardiola and is yet to secure a spot at Leicester isn't good enough. Except the situation of one of these boys changes before next year, we must shop for another striker. It's unfortunate that both Chelsea FC's Tammy Abraham and Liverpool's Solanke have disowned us but we can shop more. We can't continue fluffing chances like we did today.

5. African referees continue to be shameful. Twice in this match, a clear onside was called offside by blind referees. A clear goal that should've stood was wrongly cancelled for Zambia. We won this match because African referees are incompetent and this is why they can never be respected on the global scale.

On the whole, congrats to my dear Nigerians (borrowing Buhari's words). See you in Russia next year!

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/10/5-things-about-match-by-peter-keyz.html
You have a point but please stop the self hate.Referees get it wrong everywhere.It was not an African referee who went to the World Cup and gave the same player THREE YELLOW CARDS. I gan give you example after example of referees getting it wrong. Why was goal line technology introduced because another Non-African referee denied Lampard a clear goal against Germany at the World Cup? The so callled offside you cite is based on replays which referees do not have.They have to make the call in real time and offside is a very difficult call in football. Many referees miss offside and this is why they have linesmen which still does not make for perfection.
Was it an African referee that missed Suarez biting antics?
In my book the referee had an excellent game compared to many European referees I have seen.

The real issue here is self doubt,Self hate and inferiority complex. Even if he had a bad game why should it have anything to do with his Africanness. Would you ever say a European referee had a bad game BECAUSE of his Europeaness? Why not?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by kenebenedicts: 6:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Op whoever that is teaching football analysis is a quack. Ezenwa is holding the record of the best keeper in super eagles history so far, 9 clean sheets from 13 games. Check your records.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by reality17(m): 6:33am On Oct 08, 2017
That Zambia goal was offside mr man. The lines man was perfect.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by reality17(m): 6:35am On Oct 08, 2017
orobs93:
well as for the refs error it happens even in Europe everywhere

There was no error. It was offside. Watch it again
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Osabobo(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2017
The Zambia player was offside, watch very closely.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by PreshyP3509(m): 6:47am On Oct 08, 2017
I agree with u on Echiej and Ezenwa. The rest of them just need to raise their game. the likes of Ighalo & Iheanacho
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2017
OpssonD1:
Osheyyyy Jon Champion of Africa. Playing in the Chinese league doesn't undermine your worth in front of goal, regardless of the team. Go and ask paulinho of Brazil Who was just shipped to Barcelona. he has two goals already and Suarez is still struggling with just one. Saying Iheanacho was kicked out by guardiola due to performance reason is terribly wrong. Manchester City needed to play the new boys they bought and had to move old faces like nasri and Jesus navas too. I agree with you on both ezenwa and echiejile but we can't just rule them out beacause they played poorly. They've been loyal and have previously shown they are ready to give their all for the team. I say we keep the team and build their confidence before June next year.
Yes ''keep the team and build their confidence''. Our Backline were not well cordinated yesterday but they defended well individually especially Leon Balogon and shehu abdullahi. We have seen Agrade European referees make wrong calls in crucial matches even in a World cup final. Ighalo may not be Prolific but his presence causes panic t defenders, do you know we have Like 3 strikers on the bench? Ighalo has scored more goals in the chinese league than Tammy and Solanke. Our bench has depth!,

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2017
Boyooosa:
Thank God we qualify. But we are not ready for world cup. The Analyst is actually both critical and technical in his analysis. If we go to world cup with this exact form, we will all say 'had we known, we would have allowed. Zambia to visit for the first time'
we still have months to Prepare for the world cup, friendlies to play and so on. The mission was get to the world cup and that the Boys did in a superb fashion.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by degyoniro(m): 7:16am On Oct 08, 2017
seems you go carry Zambia X2 for bet9ja so you sit down analyse all that.... why not start a football show oluku

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Boyooosa(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
we still have months to Prepare for the world cup, friendlies to play and so on. The mission was get to the world cup and that the Boys did in a superb fashion.
I understand that we can improve and we must improve b4 the tournament , white boiz are hot! No cohesion in that yesterday's team. We witnessed a little force in the attack when iwobi came in. A team like that can n..... Well, I hope for improvement.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by wtfcoded: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2017
so i wld b using dis opportunity to leave a suicide note b4 i commit suicide.goodbye 2 my 2 wives DALE917 and seunmohmoh tongue i would still be stalking u,and please dont marry slayer2 or arleck. to shycypher(should hav been vaseline crew boss by now) to lala247(you wee not kill us with that ur thang),to desola1(that comes online one eternity later),to ednited (mrs ethiopia she could murder u if u spell ethopia *goddamit* ethiopia the wrong way tongue . to BisQuit the wicked jr thread producer to smoochCN and his photography diary ,to my cat (supervillian),to nasty c ,to homer simpson .
*drops pen abi keyboard ni*.
*takes ota pia pia*
*holds stomach*
PEACCCE

*backslides outta thread*
wait shout to my crush i promise to change for good and her friend who is also my crush.
and to any1 reading dis .
*dusts my twitter, reddit and quora account*
shit bout to get real.
PS

am only deactivating and no i didnt play blue whale
ur mumu no get rival at allsad
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Lyord69(m): 7:49am On Oct 08, 2017
motun2017:
what do i know? just here to read comments eh. What's the score??
U're welcome .... angry
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by coolvitus(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2017
my own is they are just going they to give people point simple
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by seniorkachion(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2017
You should have called it 5 negatives. You never wanted nigeria to win. Ever heard of players rising to the occasion?
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by seniorkachion(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Stupid analysis. You sabi na hin you dey house dey type rubbish. undecided
Don't mind him. Everything on the negative side. Zambia was offside for the disallowed goal. He never heard of teams rising to the occasion.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by DALE917(f): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2017
so i wld b using dis opportunity to leave a suicide note b4 i commit suicide.goodbye 2 my 2 wives DALE917 and seunmohmoh tongue i would still be stalking u,and please dont marry slayer2 or arleck. to shycypher(should hav been vaseline crew boss by now) to lala247(you wee not kill us with that ur thang),to desola1(that comes online one eternity later),to ednited (mrs ethiopia she could murder u if u spell ethopia *goddamit* ethiopia the wrong way tongue . to BisQuit the wicked jr thread producer to smoochCN and his photography diary ,to my cat (supervillian),to nasty c ,to homer simpson .
*drops pen abi keyboard ni*.
*takes ota pia pia*
*holds stomach*
PEACCCE

*backslides outta thread*
wait shout to my crush i promise to change for good and her friend who is also my crush.
and to any1 reading dis .
*dusts my twitter, reddit and quora account*
shit bout to get real.
PS

am only deactivating and no i didnt play blue whale

Lol
Oga, please don't commit sucide

But how many husbands do I have shocked
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by kjhova(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2017
naijastoryz:

Your analysis is way below par and reeks of ignorance about football matters; tactics, management, techs, game analysis, rules of the game, history and all.

Echiejile is obviously slower than in his youth but his experience showed through yesterday. Our DF was seriously challenged yesterday however, ultimately, Leon and Troost stood their ground. Ezenwa is a young keeper and still learning but what goalkeeper wasn't once young and learning? Importantly, he has kept another clean sheet.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Slayer2: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2017
DALE917:

Lol
Oga, please don't commit sucide

But how many husbands do I have shocked

undecided
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by jibs4lv(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2017
motun2017:
what do i know? just here to read comments eh. What's the score??
apparently u dnt knw anything truly except di €k and that's enough.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by DALE917(f): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2017
Slayer2:

undecided

What I do�
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by kjhova(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2017
coolvitus:
my own is they are just going they to give people point simple

It doesn't matter. We have qualified for our 6th world cup is the only thing that matters.

Nigerians should learn to enjoy today's success than to worry about tomorrow's possible failure.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Slayer2: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2017
DALE917:

What I do�

I say get in touch with me lets talk. You just they do like say na you win miss earth beauty pageant. undecided
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by DALE917(f): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2017
Slayer2:

I say get in touch with me lets talk. You just they do like say na you win miss earth beauty pageant. undecided

Hian, nawa o
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Slayer2: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2017
DALE917:

Hian, nawa o

grin

Nor they do like that joor
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by DALE917(f): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2017
Slayer2:

grin

Nor they do like that joor

We can't be cool here?
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Slayer2: 9:01am On Oct 08, 2017
DALE917:

We can't be cool here?

No. I will soon deactivate my account. Nairaland is getting more boring, I like you as a friend, that's why I said add on whatsapp make I fit they reach you. But it's your choice anyway.
Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by amazingspiderma: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Zambia wanted to go to the world cup for the first time, this was the closet they had gotten. They were once champions of Africa, they were not just dreamers they had a plan to win, most recent against Algeria, they had home and away wins. Their style of play is one of the fastest in Africa. We have seen them in youth and club continental championship, consistently churning out results and good play.
The were not going to be a walk over for the Nigerian team.
The Super eagles on their part were almost there, with three wins and a draw against former Africa champions and two last world cup participants and recent African champions, no opponent would take them for granted.
The only issue with the team was the last touch in front of goal. It was not about power but the ball had to be on target and on the ground and fast enough to beat the keeper. They would have been 2 goals ahead in the first half. Iwobi's goal showed them how, l really hope they took a lesson from him.
Sometimes, to ask even the team to dominate and deliver results is not just asking for too much. It is arrogant.
We cannot have an all star team, even Madrid with all their ambition don't have a perfect team, but they click most times.
Overall, the team's collection of three defensive mid fielders, which are the trio of Mikel, Onazi and Ndidi are formidable as they reduce the workload for the defense. We don't expect spectacular moves from them, but they keep the balls from going into the net and deliver passes to attackers when needed. Ekon, Balogun, Moses, Igalo, Abdulahi and not to mention the substitute and the technical crew. Football is executed on the field, however, It is not just a field effort.
They have done it, they have qualified that is what matters, let's no forget, they did it with a game in hand considering the make up of the group.

Our analysis should not just be based on finding out weaknesses but strength not just on the last game which was undoubtedly difficult, but on how they made it this far.
Teams like Argentina are struggling to qualify with the likes of Messi, arguably the best on the planet, Di Maria, Lavenssi, Pastore. They are fascinated by the memory of Maradona, and they forget the team structure at Barcelona is different from that in the National team.

What they did right and need to keep doing is very important, while they search for areas to improve. They mustn't operate like the 94 team, they are different from them.
We must stop imposing fantasy on them, let's get real.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Rotji(m): 9:08am On Oct 08, 2017
naijastoryz:
10 .

Ola Aina should be a better replacement for Echiejile, he needs to be tested and blend early. Iheanacho should get his acts together with his England team, and if not for the two injuries yesterday Iheanacho would've been a good substitute for Ighalo just as Iwobi was for Simon Moses.

And please we should ASAP find a better midfielder than that Mikel Agu, I just don't feel his impact at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia by Ejomax77(m): 9:11am On Oct 08, 2017
Pls what's the name of that boy that played RB, tell him I said "God bless you".... tell iwobi too, also tell simon moses.
Tell victor moses that he shouldn't be gamblin with the ball... tell echiejile to quit international football....tell balo that he's good but he needs to include fufu(santana/akpu) in his diet...tell ekong he tried but he can do more... tell ighalo that i'm not impressed @all ...tell ndidi same... tell mikel he tried but he should stop shooting towards heaven..tell mikel agu to quit football altogether...
tell the rest of the team that they played below average...tell onazi I said sorry....
Finally tell rohr to learn to be unpredictable...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dembele Is A 'genius' Like Okocha - Pochettino / Governor Ademola Adeleke Receives Rasheedat Ajibade And Rofiat Imuran / Lewandowski Tops 2019 Goalscorers' List With 33 Goals, Messi Is 2nd, CR7 Is 16th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.