Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

I’m Not Leaving APC, Alao Akala - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I’m Not Leaving APC, Alao Akala (406 Views)

Alao Akala's Last Conversation Before Death + What Sanwo-olu Said About Alao Aka / Godwin Obaseki Speaks On His Next Move After Leaving APC / Ooni Of Ife Romances Shefiu Alao’s Ex-mistress, Emmanuela… List Of Her Ex-lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Not Leaving APC, Alao Akala by abegner: 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Former Governor of Oyo State, Chief Adebayo Alao Akala has ruled out the possibility of returning to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), affirming that his membership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was unshakeable.
This is as he said that he had mandated his followers across the state to join him in the APC.
Alao Akala, who adorned a white cap tailored in “APC Change”, stated this at an empowerment programme of member representing Ogbomoso North State Constituency, Honourable Wumi Oladeji, held in Ogbomoso, on Saturday.
He said the affirmation of his membership of APC was to quell notions that he had accepted the offer to join the opposition.
According to him, recent visits to his London house by Governor Abiola Ajimobi and his Ibadan house by the former governor, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, were all part of playing the game of politics.
“I am in APC and this has come to stay. I am not leaving APC. I have told my followers and people of Ogbomoso that we are in APC and nothing can change that. I won’t disappoint you. Don’t be deceived by those saying that I will dump APC.”
“We are trying to bring ourselves together so I don’t want to talk about merits or demerits of being in APC. Politics is a game.”
“I regard it as the grace of God and it is marvellous in my sight that those in APC and PDP are coming to meet me,” Alao Akala said.
On his involvement in the 2019 politics, he said he was waiting for God’s direction.
He argued that such discussion on 2019 elections were premature.
“In politics, you don’t talk about 2019 in 2017. Anything can happen. I leave everything in God’s and he will answer me when the time comes,” Alao Akala said.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

16 Year Old Boy Narrates How His Father Got Killed By Neighbour Over Gen Fume / FG To Remove Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos-ibadan Rail / Casamance: Thirteen Dead In Attack In Restive Senegalese Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.