Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Inverter/battery Clarification - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Inverter/battery Clarification (511 Views)

Alt Power Solution : Solar, Inverter, Battery, Training And Orientation Prog / How To Prolong Your Inverter Battery Life. Effective Ways To Maximize Perfomance / How To Choose The Best Inverter Battery Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inverter/battery Clarification by amedualiyu(m): 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hi Guys, I just got myself a new 1.2kva and 100ah mercury inverter and battery. With just one ceiling fan, it last for 7hrs. Please is this OK?
Re: Inverter/battery Clarification by Donald3d(m): 12:22am On Oct 08, 2017
amedualiyu:
Hi Guys, I just got myself a new 1.2kva and 100ah mercury inverter and battery. With just one ceiling fan, it last for 7hrs. Please is this OK?

A lot of factors would determine how long the inverter would last from details as small as the size of wire used in doing the connection ,the length etc ,even though they are not usually taken into consideration it can have considerable effect on how long your system lasts .

There are also internal losses in the inverter

But let's talk about the obvious ,how many watt is the fan ??

I am guessing its 45 watt (most ceiling fans are in that range max 65 watts) ,I wont go into details of calculations

But it should last longer than that

I have a small inverter system I coupled ,it has a 36ah battery ,I use with my laptop (it consumes 65 watts ,almost like your fan) and it lasts me 6 hours

So that system should be giving you nothing less than 12-15 hours even with losses along the line and inside the inverter

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

HP Launches A Pocket Size Photo Printer Called Hp Sprocket / Who Can Build Flying Drone With Wireless Controller Help Me / MTN Nigeria Paid Transport Fare Of Travellers Travelling Back To Their Home Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.