Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version (386 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Churches Still Use The Old King James Version / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Hate The King James Version / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version by doctorbabs(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2017
I came across above name CHAPTER and verses in the Bible but could not comprehend what they are saying. Pls can a Bible scholar or a vast person in the book. Explain this to ME. As Am comfused about the CHAPTER and verses.Nehemiah 8:4-6King James [Version . stay bless.

MODERATOR PLS FRONT PAGE PLSSSSS. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version by onlyTheTruth(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2017
Every prophets mentioned in the monotheistic religions used this Way of saying thanks or praying to GOD, the postures use is also beneficial when you are at a mediated state of mind (also it improves your respiratory functions which is miraculous) since this question is specific on the verse in Nehimiah, i will also add Jesus, in Islamic context we believe he worshipped GOD in this way, as Muslim believes he was not lord himself as there is one God! However prior to Jesus many prophets before him prayed in this way. Since the modern alternatives being adapted into the Christian faith this way of praying may not have been highly interpreted or used as Islam brought the 5 times prayer system where muhammad constantly used the same posture for his prayers.
However, please see below references to illustrates the same :
These are some of the Prophets whom GOD blessed. They were chosen from among the descendants of Adam, and the descendants of those whom we carried with Noah, and the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom we guided and selected. When the revelations of the Most Gracious are recited to them, they fall prostrate, weeping." – Qur’an English Translation [19:58]
"And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." - New Testament (Matthew 26:39)
"And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid." - New Testament (Matthew 17:6)
"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:3)
"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Genesis 17:17)
"And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Exodus 34:cool
“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 20:6)
"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Numbers 16:20-22)
And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6)
"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)
"And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 9:cool
"And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (Tanakh) (2 Chronicles 20:18)
"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Ezekiel 11:13)
Re: Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Feb 25
doctorbabs:
I came across above name CHAPTER and verses in the Bible but could not comprehend what they are saying. Pls can a Bible scholar or a vast person in the book. Explain this to ME. As Am comfused about the CHAPTER and verses.Nehemiah 8:4-6King James [Version . stay bless. MODERATOR PLS FRONT PAGE PLSSSSS. GOD BLESS YOU
Whenever reading from any of the books contained in your Bible, always be sure to pay attention to the context of the information as presented by the author so you do not render your oen delusions between the lines of what is written. Before we continue, I would like to remind you that those who follow the Old Law of Moses and the teachings of the Prophets are under the curse. God of Israel inflicted His curse - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 -, as promised through the Prophets, on All of Israel beginning with the Nation of Isreal in 720BC when God of Israel used the Assyrians to destroy and scatter the people across the globe. God of Israel continued to destroy Israel's sister Nation, Judah about 70AD, as Jesus Christ prophesied would happen, and this culminated with the destruction of the Nation of Judah by the Romans. As Paul reminded you in Galatians by his time, God had already cursed all the Israelites and so those who follow the letters of the Old Law(or even pretend they can receive blessings of the Old Law) are cursed and without any redemption to be obtained by living under it.
10 But people who depend on following the law to make them right are under a curse. As the Scriptures say, “They must do everything that is written in the law. If they do not always obey, they are under a curse.”
11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by the law. The Scriptures say, “The one who is right with God by faith will live forever.” - Galatians 3 vs 10 - 11

Nehemiah was an Old Testament man who lived during the years after the end of the Nation of Judah's 70 years of captivity in Babylon, this is around the period 448–400 BC.
1 So all the Israelites met together in the seventh month of the year. They were united and in complete agreement. They all met together in the open place in front of the Water Gate. All the people asked Ezra the teacher to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the Lord had given to the Israelites.
2 So Ezra the priest brought the law before those who had met together. This was on the first day of the month. It was the seventh month of the year. Men, women, and anyone old enough to listen and understand were at the meeting.
3 Ezra read in a loud voice from the Book of the Law from early morning until noon. He was facing the open place that was in front of the Water Gate. He read to all the men and women, and to everyone old enough to listen and understand. All the people listened carefully and paid attention to the Book of the Law.
4 Ezra stood on a high wooden stage. It had been built just for this special time. On his right side stood Mattithiah, Shema, Anaiah, Uriah, Hilkiah, and Maaseiah. And on his left side stood Pedaiah, Mishael, Malkijah, Hashum, Hashbaddanah, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
5 So Ezra opened the book. All the people could see him because he was standing above them on the high stage. As he opened the Book of the Law, all the people stood up.
6 Ezra praised the Lord, the great God, and all the people held up their hands and said, “Amen! Amen!” Then all the people bowed down and put their faces low to the ground and they worshiped the Lord. - Nehemiah 8 vs 1 - 6
As it says, Ezrah read from the book to the people, and the people bowed down to the ground and supposedly worshipped God. Now, to worship God means to obey God's commandments. However, there is no commandment contained in the Law that obligates the people to bow in the way they did. The Law instead warns them not to bow down to worship idols. So one should not be carried away by what is indicated there in those verses or assume it is according to the commandments of God or something, NO. God never called any man to follow the examples of men. Instead, God's mandate remains obedience to His Law and commandment alone. undecided

All descendants of Jacob (scattered across the world by God)who emulate the rituals under the Law of Moses heap curses of God of Israel on themselves. God of Israel cursed all of Israel so only curses will be to those who remain under the Law. undecided
Re: Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version by Nawa4nl: 2:21am On Feb 26
when ur serious post wetin the verses talk

the people simple gathered together to worship the God of abraham, issac & jacob.
NOT the god of mohammed.

(1) (Reply)

Our People Need To Draw The Line Between Religiosity And Spirituality." / Reverend Father And Sisters Spotted Chilling With Some Bottles Of Beer / Believing Is Seeing; Having Pure Faith!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.