Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. (1988 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Restructuring: South Has Majority In The Legislative House, North Is A Minority. / Restructuring: South-East And South-South Governors Meet In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Stingman: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2017
GOVERNORS from the South-South and South-East geopolitical zones are poised to take a common position on issues of inter-regional cooperation at a joint meeting coming up today in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

A notice of the meeting was, however, not explicit on the main issues that would top discussions by the governors, as it only said it was meant to be a regular consultation.

The notice, which was signed by the Akwa Ibom governor, Udom Emmanuel, the interim chairman stated: “This meeting will provide an avenue for deliberation on various issues of regional and national importance with a view to enhancing collaboration on matters of common interest to the overall benefit of the citizens and residents of the states in these regions.”

The warning by President Muhammadu Buhari, in his Independence Day, broadcast that his government would not allow irresponsible groups to undermine the sovereignty of the country, had provoked anger from some leaders from the South, especially the South-East, which is the hotbed of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB).

At a similar parley held in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital about some weeks ago, the leaders agreed to collaborate on all matters affecting the two zones.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-south-south-south-east-leaders-meet-today-imo/

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by libertyhope2017: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2017
What about SW? Why are they not invited?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by devindevin2000: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2017
libertyhope2017:
[s]What about SW? Why are they not invited? [/s]

You want them to invite backstabbers?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Desyner: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2017
SE & SS, The romance that's threatening the north and inspiring crocodile to smile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by hatchy(f): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2017
Good move by our leaders.

The problem is whether the daft man presiding over the affairs of this country will ever act on the demands of the people because he's bent on promoting the Northern agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by LUGBE: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2017
Really happy for them, way forward is all i pray for
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by IgboticGirl(f): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2017
cool

They should hurry up and restructure before this people steal all our money

Mr integrity them

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Amarabae(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thats cool,
these two regions can form a strong economic relationship in a restructured Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by PureMe01: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
ok
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by SweetJoystick(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
When oil don loose value, that's when the leeches up north will agree to restructuring....awon wyere
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Now they are talking about southern govs meeting without inviting any sw govs.

Tomorrow they'll tell you story of how yorubas are aiding the North to lord over the south.

They could also come out with another story of how yorubas are not supporting their cause.

IS IT NOT STUPIDITY TO BE EXPECTING THE PEOPLE YOU SEE AS ALIENS TO SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE?

And If this sudden love between se and ss govs is meant to spite the great yorubas, then they've failed woefully because we are up to the task and we also know how to get things done without aligning with you.

Lets keep our fingers cross and see how your meetings will be fruitful without sw supports, it will only take another sw and North callabo to make your efforts void again.

NB: YORUBAS NEED NOT YOUR SUPPRTS TO PROGRESS. IF YOU ALIGN WITH US, IT'S TO YOUR GAIN, AND IF YOU SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM US,YOU DO THAT TO YOUR DETRIMENT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by MasterofNL: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:

Tomorrow they'll tell you story of how yorubas are aiding the North to lord over the south.

They could also come out with another story of how yorubas are not supporting their cause.

IS IT NOT STUPIDITY TO BE EXPECTING THE PEOPLE YOU SEE AS ALIENS TO SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE?

And If this sudden love between se and ss govs is to spite the great yorubas, then they've failed woefully because we are up to the task and we also know how to get things done without aligning with you.

Lets keep our fingers cross and see how your meetings will be fruitful without sw supports, it will only take another sw and North callabo to make your efforts void again.

NB: YORUBAS NEED NOT YOUR SUPPRTS TO PROGRESS. IF YOU ALIGN WITH US, ITS FOR YOUR GAIN, AND IF YOU SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM US,YOU DO THAT AT YOUR DETRIMENT.

Keep your useless support to yourselves. Yoruba's mistake treachery for wisdom and cowardice for sophistication.

Keep aligning with the north, we don't care.

Very soon it will be Yoruba's and northerners in Nigeria.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
MasterofNL:

Keep your useless support to yourselves. Yoruba's mistake treachery for wisdom and cowardice for sophistication.

Keep aligning with the north, we don't care.

Very soon it will be Yoruba's and northerners in Nigeria.

Good luck
continue holding your senseless,stupid meetings that will be fruitless at the end of the day.

Continue toeing the path of your shortsighted fathers who thought they could do it without us but later discovered their mistakes when it was too late.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Amarabae(f): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
continue holding your senseless,stupid meetings that will be fruitless at the end of the day.

how is the meeting senseless?
And why should you wish for it to be fruitless?
Its their choice to do it among themselves, why being pained?

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by MasterofNL: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:

Continue toeing the path of your shortsighted fathers who thought they could do it without us but later discovered their mistakes when it was too late.

Go and sit down. You will soon see yourselves in odua-arewanistan republic of Nigeria.

You guys brought this mess called buhari upon this country.
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by MasterofNL: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:

Don't mind that thing.

They brought this disaster called buhari upon thus country despite all the warning before the election.

Many of them have already admitted their error while some arrogant ones are still adamant.
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:
i'm not pained at all since i'm very sure their meetings will never yield any result.

Sw is also part of south but we are seeing meetings between se and ss govs being called southern gvs meetings.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
NDỊ OJI ỌNỤ

Now that we have not heard from Nnamdi Kanu,what are the agents of Restructuring doing?

I mean the "intellectuals", "Untouts" and "Unmiscreants" that want Restructuring...

How do you want to achieve your Restructuring,is it by writing grammar?

The Army have created a space for you now...

Bring out all your Strategies,expertise and over sabi which Nnamdi lacks and let's see you now...

It's already past 3 weeks since the only man hindering you guys from achieving Restructuring,which is Nnamdi, was temporarily removed from your way,so that you can display your own know how,yet it looks like Nnamdi went away with your mojo...

You must come out and do something now...

Your time is ticking o...

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
I'm only showing concern because i know you will blame the great yorubas for your failures tommorrow
MasterofNL:

Go and sit down. You will soon see yourselves in odua-arewanistan republic of Nigeria.

You guys brought this mess called buhari upon this country.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by MasterofNL: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
I'm only showing concern because i know you will blame the great yorubas for your failures tommorrow

Of course yorubas are the problem of this country - Sanusi Lamido.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Amarabae(f): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
i'm not pained at all since i'm very sure their meetings will never yield any result.

Sw is also part of south but we are seeing meetings between se and ss govs being called southern gvs meetings.
its their choice,
respect it though I would have loved a strong united southern governors meeting involving se,ss,and sw, sothat it will be as united nd big like the northern governors forum.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
See i don't have much time in my hands to waste with you since i've made my points.

Talking about the problem of the country,that is another topic and i'll not like to delve into that.

One thing i know is that Nigeria is very lucky to have yorubas as part of it.
MasterofNL:

Of course yorubas are the problem of this country - Sanusi Lamido.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by MasterofNL: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
[s]See i don't have much time in my hands to waste with you since i've made my points.

Talking about the problem of the country,that is another topic and i'll not like to delve into that.

One thing i know is that Nigeria is very lucky to have yorubas as part of it.[/s]
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Cinkq: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
I'm leaving this thread.

My point stands.

This meeting will bring no result as long as the great yorubas are also part of southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Passingshit(m): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
I'm leaving this thread.

My point stands.

This meeting will bring no result as long as the great yorubas are also part of southern Nigeria.
Yorubas will only bring gbegiri to the meeting. Thank God they weren't invited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Amarabae(f): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
I'm leaving this thread.

My point stands.

is this boasting or what?
Inasmuch as have a full southern governors forum will be cool but the SE and SS governors are meeting each other for regional co-operation and Economic integration.
The two regions have been abandoned by the fg in developmental plans,
the monopoly of seaport by Lagos is a big disadvantage to the dysfunctional onne, calabar nd warri seaports,
South South houses the sea,
South East houses the importers,
an economic union will be terrific.
So dont see it as if they are deliberately against southwest.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by IJOBA2: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
devindevin2000:

You want them to invite MUSLIM backstabbers?
FIXED
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by NigerDeltan(m): 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:

Na their way sister leave him. It runs in their blood
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by IJOBA2: 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:

NO REASONABLE YORUBA CHRISTIAN WOULD LIKE TO ASSOCIATE HIMSELF WITH THE NORTH. CINKQ WHAT IS YOUR ISLAMIC NAMEgrin

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Bede2u(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
The capital of the old eastern region is Enugu. Why hold the meeting in Imo.
Cinkq:

And If this sudden love between se and ss govs is to spite the great yorubas, then they've failed woefully because we are up to the task and we also know how to get things done without aligning with you.

NB: YORUBAS NEED NOT YOUR SUPPRTS TO PROGRESS. IF YOU ALIGN WITH US, ITS FOR YOUR GAIN, AND IF YOU SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM US,YOU DO THAT TO YOUR DETRIMENT.
this one is just pained. We dont need your support either. PDP has ruled the country for 16 yrs with the help of the old eastern region. Lets see how long APC can go with the help of the western region.
Re: Restructuring: South-south, South-east Leaders Meet Today In Imo. by Marcelo290(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cinkq:
I'm leaving this thread.

My point stands.

cataway you... What do you mean by it won't yield any results cos Yoruba's aren't involved? Although I want a United south but I still see nothing wrong with this considering the fact that the two regions were once under the defunct Eastern region... It is their choice, stop being pained man...See chest beating

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 25 Most Powerful Militaries In The World / Imo APC: Appeal Panel Affirms Congress Results(pictures) / Kwaran Named Strange Rat After Senate President Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.