Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification (44597 Views)

Aina, Troost-ekong And Lookman Make AFCON-11 Man Team Of The Tournament / Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification / William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy Well shaa... your moniker says it all naa.... wink

enemyofprogress:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spot on jare... Don't mind that Mulenga. cheesy No complaints from The Zambians because the players knew it was not a goal at all sef unlike Ghana's goal which was actually legitimate but that South African ref just had to spoil Ghana's party.

aribisala0:

God? God of Nigeria or God of Africa?
It was not a goal so the question of "disallowed does not arise.
The whistle went at least 3 seconds before he touched the ball and everyone stopped playing.He just pretended not to hear
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by kabaka1: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
owomida1:
This is the last awesome performance we may be seeing from them.

In Russia, we will be decimated in the world's full glare.

Let's first watch the politics that will be employed in picking players for Russia.
why be so pessimistic? we all need to focus on the positive to reap better result 4 da main event grin

1 Like

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sholaqe:
Leon balogun is hot.
You too u are hot
He is my cousin should I send his number? grin
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Naah.. it is not forgetfulness Sir. It is having perspective.

South Africa defeated a team that had no Mikel Obi, no Leon Balogun, No Carl Ikeme, No Victor Moses, No Odion Ighalo, No Ola Aina sef... so you see that the Spine and Pillars (except Aina) of the team were missing in action all due to injuries or whatever cogent reasons.

So she is right to feel very very optimistic indeed. The team is young, have got a fine mix of Youth and Experience and is growing powerful with every match. Watch this team soar even higher and also dismantle South Africa in their backyard in the Afcon Qualifiers next year with the whole gang around this time. wink

Mrjo:
so u hav forgotten what SA did to us so easy?
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by nextstep(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Wonderful. Now when they get to Russia and we've spent millions to send the Eagles there, they will embarrass us yet again and crash out before qualification round. Smh. angry
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by TEYA: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
oshe11:
Pls someone shud explain the meaning of;

ACCUMULATOR

SINGLE(3 COMB)

DOUBLE(3 COMB)

TRIXIE(4 COMB)

PATENT(7 COMB)

ETC FOR MERRYBET

THANKS!
Google is your friend
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by seguntijan(m): 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
OFF TO RUSSIA AS ONE!! Yesterday, not more than 30 boys and a coaching crew did it. Yes they did it against Zambia and that landed Nigeria a ticket to Russia 2018. Excellent. I watched the 90 minute tension soaked and breathtaking game on TV, at a point, my focus left the boys to the crowd in the stadium. As the cameras beamed and zoomed close, I looked for an Housa man, I could not find one, Yoruba people, I couldn't locate them, Igbo kwenu seemed not to have come to watch their son Mikel. Yes, the match was played in Uyo stadium but even Akwa Ibom people stayed back. I searched through and there was no ANRP, no PDP, no APC, all the Christians in Nigeria were in Church and the Muslims where in the Mosque. The politicians were busy with their 2019 project. Again, in the crowd, u could not differentiate between a Northerner and a Southerner. Everyone in that stadium in one accord and unity was looking for one thing and alas it came, GOOOOOAL !!! The shouts erupted, my neighborhood exploded, I could see joy and celebration everywhere. It didn't end there, those Zambia boys were daring and still fighting like wounded lions and then, the final whistle came. And I heard, we won. I asked who is 'we', he said Nigeria. I asked another, and another and they kept answering the same thing. I tried to argue that its not Nigeria that won and I sounded 'weird'. The guy that scored that goal was Igbo or is it Deltan? I'm not too sure. That's the reason I asked who is "we'? I needed to be sure so I can give due credit to Igbo race or the Deltans. Even up to this morning, I'm still hearing we won, Nigeria is going to world cup next year. The lesson here is that we can build this Nation if we tie it to a goal not our differences. Those differences were there within that 90 minutes and the whole nation stayed glued to their TV sets looking for that one goal. Yes we can, True we can. Let's look for one goal as a nation now n pursue it. Forget the differences, we will always have them. Great nations do have their differences but they have become great cos they strategically tied their vision and aspirations to one goal.. "To become great". If you can read this, don't tell me u don't know the attributes of greatness. We can build Nigeria again together! God bless Nigeria !!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by SweetJoystick(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
IfoyinTEDO:
Make them play Brazil first
Your first comment, you just land nairaland, abi na alternate moniker be this? angry
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by SweetJoystick(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sholaqe:
Leon balogun is hot.
Go meet am nau
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by phranq30(m): 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
You're 100% repping your name
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Oselu28(f): 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
offishialpablo:
na only me bin notice when balogun cried after d game

no be only you ooo,the thing touch me
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by phranq30(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Samakus:

And you're very very cold. Really cold for a 21st century african babe
Lol...Pure undiluted savage!!
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by itsandi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
I predict and we won!
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by daveP(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

The reason why our ladies would join us watch russia 18. it yaff started o.
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by phranq30(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oselu28:

no be only you ooo,the thing touch me
Are you sure it's not "blokos" that touched you?
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by kjhova(m): 4:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
owomida1:
This is the last awesome performance we may be seeing from them.

In Russia, we will be decimated in the world's full glare.

Let's first watch the politics that will be employed in picking players for Russia.

Your comment wreaks of ignorance.

Nigeria has been to 5 world cup finals and we made it to round 2 in 3 of them. In these appearances, we have had some good games against giants like Argentina, Italy, Spain, England, France etc and was never disgraced in any of them. We won some, drew some and lost games in which we gave the opponents a good fight.

Those teams we had in the past are not significantly better than our present squad and it is not like our would be opponents at the world cup will be shipped in from Space.

That you even mentioned politics in team selection shows how disconnected you are from reality.

#VivaEagles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Realali(f): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
IfoyinTEDO:

What will happen if they play Brazil? Is better not to comment if you don't have better thing to say ok?
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by oyetpel(m): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hail them when they win, condemn and abuse them when they lose.
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by nickxtra(m): 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
I can see Balogun got it big between the legs. Check 3rd picture out
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Yakzo(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
I will like to know how the Zambian press and the rest of the people feel about the disallowed goal. The players didn't complain about it after the match !!
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by colossus91(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Ok.. we need more white in the team...
Shebi u want make yakubu bleach abi grin
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by ruggedmallaam(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sholaqe:
Leon balogun is hot.
mtchew see this wan
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Sholaqe:
Leon balogun is hot.
i'm hotter.
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by SmartyPants(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bawsse:
White man hails white men

How are Leon Balogun and Troost Ekong white?

Is your brain paining you this fine afternoon?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Mrjo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Naah.. it is not forgetfulness Sir. It is having perspective.

South Africa defeated a team that had no Mikel Obi, no Leon Balogun, No Carl Ikeme, No Victor Moses, No Odion Ighalo, No Ola Aina sef... so you see that the Spine and Pillars (except Aina) of the team were missing in action all due to injuries or whatever cogent reasons.

So she is right to feel very very optimistic indeed. The team is young, have got a fine mix of Youth and Experience and is growing powerful with every match. Watch this team soar even higher and also dismantle South Africa in their backyard in the Afcon Qualifiers next year with the whole gang around this time. wink

i hope so cus i had suffer hearth pain because of their performances iƱfact for about two years or more than i hav nt watch them.
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by mosedgreat(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Spot on jare... Don't mind that Mulenga. cheesy No complaints from The Zambians because the players knew it was not a goal at all sef unlike Ghana's goal which was actually legitimate but that South African ref just had to spoil Ghana's party.

That Zambian player should have been given a yellow card for putting the ball in the net after the ref had blown his whistle.
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by abdoolorunwa(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
dominique:
I'm just loving this new generation of super eagles. Awesome performances, easy on the eyes; win-win all the way!
IS IT THE EAGLES THAT YOU ARE LOVING OR THESE TWO GUYS,WHICH IS IT?
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Nickizoe(f): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
offishialpablo:
na only me bin notice when balogun cried after d game
And Mikel Obi offered a shoulder... lovly
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by kabaka1: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
[sup][/sup]
seguntijan:
OFF TO RUSSIA AS ONE!!
Yesterday, not more than 30 boys and a
coaching crew did it. Yes they did it
against Zambia and that landed Nigeria a
ticket to Russia 2018. Excellent.
I watched the 90 minute tension soaked
and breathtaking game on TV, at a point,
my focus left the boys to the crowd in
the stadium.
As the cameras beamed and zoomed
close, I looked for an Housa man, I could
not find one, Yoruba people, I couldn't
locate them, Igbo kwenu seemed not to
have come to watch their son Mikel. Yes,
the match was played in Uyo stadium but
even Akwa Ibom people stayed back.
I searched through and there was no
ANRP, no PDP, no APC, all the Christians
in Nigeria were in Church and the
Muslims where in the Mosque. The
politicians were busy with their 2019
project.
Again, in the crowd, u could not
differentiate between a Northerner and a
Southerner. Everyone in that stadium in
one accord and unity was looking for one
thing and alas it came, GOOOOOAL !!!
The shouts erupted, my neighborhood
exploded, I could see joy and celebration
everywhere.
It didn't end there, those Zambia boys
were daring and still fighting like wounded
lions and then, the final whistle came.
And I heard, we won. I asked who is 'we',
he said Nigeria. I asked another, and
another and they kept answering the
same thing. I tried to argue that its not
Nigeria that won and I sounded 'weird'.
The guy that scored that goal was Igbo or
is it Deltan? I'm not too sure. That's the
reason I asked who is "we'? I needed to
be sure so I can give due credit to Igbo
race or the Deltans. Even up to this
morning, I'm still hearing we won, Nigeria
is going to world cup next year.
The lesson here is that we can build this
Nation if we tie it to a goal not our
differences. Those differences were there
within that 90 minutes and the whole
nation stayed glued to their TV sets
looking for that one goal.
Yes we can, True we can.
Let's look for one goal as a nation now n
pursue it. Forget the differences, we will
always have them. Great nations do have
their differences but they have become
great cos they strategically tied their
vision and aspirations to one goal.. "To
become great".
If you can read this, don't tell me u don't
know the attributes of greatness.
We can build Nigeria again together!
God bless Nigeria !!!
Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by Habyz(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
IfoyinTEDO:
U Don forget wetin Brazil chop the last time? Simply because they are a great team doesn't mean we can't defeat them if we meet. Even Argentina is struggling for a place in the WC besides our present team is significantly better than what we had before and those guys(the past team) didn't back down without a fight and it isn't like the teams we are going to be playing against are being flown in from Pluto.

1 Like

Re: Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification by kaydp: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Highbhee:
I pray these players don't go and disgrace D's Country...

U can yab me and die instantly sha cry
grin instant death ke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking / Mikel Completes Move To Chinese Super League Side Tianjin TEDA (photo) / Man City Ranked Best Fooball Team In The World, Man Utd 34th [Top 10]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.