Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? (2130 Views)

Odyssey 2006/type Or Sienna 2006/type / Amount Needed To Clear Toyota Highlander 2008 Or Sienna 2008 / Toyota Hiace Or Sienna Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 5:54am On Oct 09, 2017
Please I need a very straightforward answer because I'm so confused.

Whenever My wife takes a ride in Sienna she undergoes some chemical imbalance.
The first incident after our marriage was in 2015, while in a vehicle, (Sienna ) she complained of discomfort suddenly she was sweating profusely with the urge to puke.

I didn't take it seriously until later that same week when We boarded a friend's Sienna to an event, the same issue played out exactly like the first one.

It has been a while since We last boarded a Sienna, But we've boarded countless other brands of vehicle .
until just last week Tuesday We boarded yet another Sienna, to my utmost dismay, My wife suffered the same thing. I almost wanted to consider it a coincidence But when it repeated itself on Sunday, I concluded That something is wrong with either Sienna or My wife's makeup

Please note that This is not just an isolated case she had the same experience in four (4) different Sienna cars @ different times spanning over two years .

Please is This a medical condition or What?

Or are there some components in Sienna that My wife's mechanism isn't compatible with?

If she has a health challenge why does she not experience the same thing when she boards other brands of cars / vehicles?

Your brother is confused...

Please help out with your comments and suggestions!!!

Dear Mods, Please kindly move This to the appropriate section if This is not. And possibly to front page to elicit more comments.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Flatties: 5:56am On Oct 09, 2017
I'm tempted to call it siennaphobia

5 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Zaheertyler(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2017
she has an allergy to it very strange though but sha people get allergic to strange things

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by SenorFax(m): 5:59am On Oct 09, 2017
Sienna too tight without AC, and ppl have been found to react when air circulation ain't enough, sweating comes in, or worse vomiting. Same reason my mum refuse to buy a Sienna and instead went for smaller car with a better vent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 6:04am On Oct 09, 2017
Zaheertyler:
she has an allergy to it very strange though but sha people get allergic to strange things

What's strange about Sienna? When she has boarded countless other types of cars. Thanks though
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 6:07am On Oct 09, 2017
SenorFax:
Sienna too tight without AC, and ppl have been found to react when air circulation ain't enough, sweating comes in, or worse vomiting. Same reason my mum refuse to buy a Sienna and instead went for smaller car with a better vent

Knowing that someone has had similar experience is a relief My brother.

My wife will complain of stomach unrest whenever she alights from Sienna among other things. Thanks for sharing the experience of your mum.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by kingreign(m): 6:09am On Oct 09, 2017
Maybe the way it sways around causes car sickness.

Or a phobia for the sienna
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by obo389(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2017
It's very simple sturf sir.
Your wife is sienaphobic.
Never allow her board that brand of vehicle again.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2017
obo389:
It's very simple sturf sir. Your wife is sienaphobic. Never allow her board that brand of vehicle again.

OK Sir
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Origin(f): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2017
She probably had a traumatic experience associated with a sienna.

Can you try and see what would happen if she drives the sienna. Just to see what would happen if she is in charge of the situation.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2017
Origin:

Can you try and see what would happen if she drives the sienna. Just to see what would happen if she is in charge of the situation.
Please don't take this advice
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by OPUSDEI1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hmmmmm, before we conclude that your wife is Siennaphobic, I would suggest you also ride with her in similar vehicles like Honda Odyssey, Kia Sedona/Carnival, Toyota Picnic, Nissan Quest and the likes.
If symptom persists then we can conclusively say her phobia is MPV oriented.
If not, then seat her down and dig into the past for an experience in the said vehicle that may be affecting her psyche.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2017
Origin:

I don't think she has had any traumatic experience with a Sienna.

I'm going to watch How things play out today, we'll be having a ride in a Sienna This afternoon .

I'll pay close attention to the weather to see if it has a hand in This.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 6:45am On Oct 10, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
Hmmmmm, before we conclude that your wife is Siennaphobic, I would suggest you also ride with her in similar vehicles like Honda Odyssey, Kia Sedona/Carnival, Toyota Picnic, Nissan Quest and the likes.
If symptom persists then we can conclusively say her phobia is MPV oriented.
If not, then seat her down and dig into the past for an experience in the said vehicle that may be affecting her psyche.

Nice one!

But do these cars you have the same vent as the Sienna?

I know they are shaped alike.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Originalsly: 11:24am On Oct 10, 2017
My view.... it can be because of fear....or allergy.
FEAR....she rode in other similar type cars and I guess under similar conditions...no a/c ..proper ventilation or whatever... but nothing happened. If she knows she is entering a Sienna.... then she has that fear/phobia and the reactions show up. It may be hard for you to get her into a Sienna without her knowing... but if possible. .. there may be no reaction.
What can cause this fear?...something traumatic involving a Sienna. Most likely, a horrific crash she was involved in, witnessed or lost close ones. Avoid seating her in Siennas... it is traumatic for her...don't let her relive whatever it was.
ALLERGY...my second thought is she is allergic to something in the Sienna....fabric....toxins emitted from the plastics especially in hot conditions....something that is peculiar to Siennas.My take.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Kashif(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
She is reacting to same model of Sienna or all Siennas?

Are their ACs working?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by osuntokun(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2017
sienna interior is full with padded rug. it can be damp and get dirty over time. when you wash it, it's difficult to expose most area to sunlight. Most sienna owners use airfreshner to reduce the smell. A lot of people are allergic to rugs, so people prefer tiled homes and when homes are rugged you hardly see underlay again . Same allergies can be responsible for her discomfort in a big car with large mass of padded rug.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by RZArecta(m): 3:08am On Oct 16, 2017
I strongly believe it's motion sickness (but why only sienna?) .
It happens to me too but only when I read books or operate my phone, she should stop doing those things when in a moving vehicle
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2017
It's not just your wife. I also feel very suffocated inside Siena _the old generation ones used by transport companies, never been in a new one.

It's so stuffy for people at the back, only the driver and the person riding shotgun gets enough air in it. Thinking of it alone makes me feel like I am being kidnapped angry.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by Rikze: 4:44am On Feb 17, 2019
SenorFax:

I agree with you at this point... Because a few months ago I wanted to buy a family ride and I asked for my wife's choice of car, to my surprise she said Sienna and insisted that I get it.

For months now we've been cruising the Car without those symptoms I mentioned over a year ago. Perhaps because she's always in front seat and possibly because there's A/c in the car.

Thanks all for the incisive analysis of her situation

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife Or Sienna? by ochefio: 7:18am On Feb 17, 2019
I have experienced some passengers vomiting under such conditions. I guess your wife sat at the back seat, and the AC wasn't functioning well,also coupled with hot weather and little traffic. So the problem is that your wife just needs a well ventilated car.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano Gear Oil / Golf3 Or Honda Bulldog Or Corolla 2003 / Urgent Advice Needed On Corolla 2009 And 1999 Benz C180 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.