Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking (1121 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. / Latest Promo Price For Stone Coated Roof Sheets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 7:26am On Oct 09, 2017
good morning felow NLs

i roofed my house around April this year with metecopo. we are preparing to do pop only to discover the roof is leaking seriously.

we noticed some leaks before which the installer rectified but each time it rained a new place will leak. there was heavy downpour on saturday and the house was leaking badly. some rooms were as if there is shower running.

one of the instalers said the tiles had openings from the factory( from the factory machine). i told them we should have returned it when the holes were discovered

please what do i do now. i need help.

Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by spyroet(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2017
Sorry mam unfortunatly u fall in the hands of quarke engineers, somthin similar happen in my area sometime ago they just have to removed every thing and start allover again, my best advice is to do the same.
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 7:48am On Oct 09, 2017
spyroet:
Sorry mam unfortunatly u fall in the hands of quarke engineers, somthin similar happen in my area sometime ago they just have to removed every thing and start allover again, my best advice is to do the same.

ARE YOU FOR REAL
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by kalvoken(m): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2017
spyroet:

What's it with naija peeps, no matter how inexperienced the roofer may be, there must be a solution than to remove the whole roof

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by kalvoken(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2017
fogechi:
good morning felow NLs

i roofed my house around April this year with metecopo. we are preparing to do pop only to discover the roof is leaking seriously.

we noticed some leaks before which the installer rectified but each time it rained a new place will leak. there was heavy downpour on saturday and the house was leaking badly. some rooms were as if there is shower running.

one of the instalers said the tiles had openings from the factory( from the factory machine). i told them we should have returned it when the holes were discovered

Bro don't panic, it's a normal thing. If you are in lagos or nearby states,You can reach me through the contact on my signature, its my profession.
ROOFING/WINDOWS
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by pat1612(m): 7:56am On Oct 09, 2017
Why dont u write to company or guy that has supplied or talk to them.
Are the tiles imported or locally mfg
If imported i think you can talk to importer but their is very thin chance any thing can happen unless u write to them thru your lawyer. Even if you are force to change entire roofing my advice is go to consumer court and file a complain with all supporting documents.you can talk to lawyer as if mfg defect is their you have good chance of getting compensation or a out of court settlement.
Just my view choice is your grin
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by spyroet(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2017
fogechi:

ARE YOU FOR REAL
well if u prefer to adment it rather than removing all of them it fine but won't be guanranteed just look for another engineer with better experience hope that will help.
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by hajlat2(m): 8:16am On Oct 09, 2017
fogechi:

ARE YOU FOR REAL

I agreed with @Spyroet. I have asked professionals about this roofing defects despite the fact that I did not use it on my building. What I learnt from them is that once the leaking problem starts , what you will spend will be closer to the initial amount spent during installation. #team6*4Asbestos.
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 8:53am On Oct 09, 2017
so its not advicable to do pop since with amendment the roof will still leak
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
Am in abuja ...i need help
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by adebaxton(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
fogechi:
good morning felow NLs

Quack roofers did it, you need to make remedial work on it by engaging professional roofer from a Reliable Roofing Sheet Co. to assist you make necessary amendment.
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2019
We are finally changing the entire roof. Was thinking we can amend the roof. Am so pissed
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by Stocking: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
fogechi:
We are finally changing the entire roof. Was thinking we can amend the roof. Am so pissed
Ehya .
Re: Please I Need Help My Roof Is Leaking by fogechi: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Stocking:

Ehya .

Na so....some marketers are heartless. See what am going through now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amen Estate Price Change From Feb 1st....n12m Per Plot / Any Fairly Used Rug For Sale Within Ibadan? / *eminence Court By Dnj Properties And Investment Ltd*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.