Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) (661 Views)

Man Makes It Rain: Sprays Money On Girlfriend As She Graduates / Lady Shows Off Impressive Legwork Dance As She Graduates From University (video) / University Of Ibadan Produces 26 First Class Graduates At The Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by Calismart(m): 8:31am On Oct 09, 2017
An 80-year-old woman was on Friday among more than 2,000 graduands of St Paul University.

Janet Silla graduated with a masters degree in Community Development.

She said when she joined the university, a lot of students and lecturers thought
she was in the wrong place.

Some would ask me, do you know where you are? What are you up to? she said.

During the first week, I didnt
take notes. I was wondering what people are writing, while lecturers were lecturing.

Silla, who lives in Westlands, said she decided to go back to school to gain more knowledge and empower women
and youth.

She was born in Itetani village, Makueni county. Silla joined Kamagambo Teachers College in Nyanza in 1958 and
was later posted at Karura SDA Primary School, where she started teaching.

Silla stopped teaching in 1960.
The mother of four was later employed by the Postal Corporation of Kenya as a
telephone operator and posted to Kajiado 1967.

She quit the job in 1971 to venture in self-employment.
Silla later went back to school and graduated with a degree in Social Work and Counselling at Bugema University,
Uganda, in 2012.

She said if she gets funds, she can continue with her education.
Silla urged the young people to further their education.

During the graduation that was held at the university's main campus in Limuru, chief guest Justice Kihara
Kariuki urged students to be creative with the aim of helping society.

"Society expects educated people to make an impact. That is why you realise, even old people to get an
education, he said.

www.storiesmagic.com.ng/2017/10/kenyan-woman-proves-that-age-is-just.html?m=1

Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by prospero5(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2017
wehdon, ma.
Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by Muhsinkhan(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2017
She try. I am a twenty year old law graduate. Who try pass?
Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by MayhorE(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2017
Whats she trying to proof? She ought to use that money to sponsor her grand children
Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by guru03(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2017
Kudos, Granny, awaiting Buhari to join her....
Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by Prefola: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2017
Kudos to her... I was about asking what she needed that for before she gave reasons.. If thats what makes her happy,then she is good to go... I know some furstrated mouth lashing individuals will masturbate over this... ***grabs popcorn***

1 Like

Re: Woman Proves That Age Is Just A Number As She Graduates At 80(photo) by maxysmith(f): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Education is the best legacy kiss

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Released 2017/2018 First Batch UTME Admission List / T / UNILAG SANDWICH FORM IS CLOSING THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 29TH, 2018 - 09082964145

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.