Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Warning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Warning (268 Views)

Meet Prophet Udensi Godlove Behind Audio Warning Nigerians Against Disaster / Warning: The Mark Of Antichrist '666' Is Coming / Free Sex Is Not Free: A Warning For Guys - Sunday Akanni Moshood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning by OkahStephen(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Follow us on: burninglantern..com

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:31

There is a void in every man for the supernatural. The spirit realm is real just like the natural real is real. I've emphasized numerous times that the supernatural world consists both of the divine plane and a demonic plane. One is the realm of reality of the Spirit of the Lord and His hosts - the divine plane. The other is the sphere of influence of satan and his cohorts - demonic plane. And this planes consists of their dimensions and peculiarities. Rules that guide the operation of this realms.
In our bid to experiencing the supernatural, I see it necessary to warn us of certain things so as not to stumble into error or demonic dimensions. Whatever satan can offer is far little compared to what we can experience in the Lord. Jesus is the Master of the supernatural world, satan only copied the craft.

Seek the Lord
I believe personally that it is good to desire the supernatural. Infact, our walk with God and the christian life will be boring without the supernatural. The reason why so many people seek fulfillment and excitement outside Christ is because we've presented them a gospel void of the supernatural. Nevertheless, it is also expedient to know that in our bid to experiencing the supernatural, we do not seek them. It is the Lord we are to seek. It is dangerous, very dangerous to our spiritual health to seek the experience and not the personality - Jesus the Lord. The experience is good, there is nothing wrong in having divine supernatural encounters, but knowing the Lord is much more important. It is as we press in our pursuit of the Lord and in our knowledge of Him that we begin to experience true and genuine encounters from the Lord.
The problem with so many of us is that we want the experience but we don't want the Lord. The reason why the Lord grant us encounters is to bring us into deeper intimacy with Him. And the Lord does not bring us into deeper realities if we are not ready to be intimate with Him. It is as we are intimate with Him that our will can be yielded and surrendered for Him to have His way through us to enforce His agenda on the earth.
The implication for those who don't desire intimacy first with Him is that they begin to seek for alternatives, methods and mediums. And as they do this, they open themselves up to a dimension that is not God.

What is your motive?
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to Everyman to profit withal.
1 Corinthians 12:7

The reason the Lord gives us access into spiritual realities is to advance His Kingdom. It is not to fulfill our own personal agenda. For those who have stayed around God for sometimes, you'll understand that as you come into Fellowship with the Lord, the first thing that happens is that your motives are exposed and corrected. You can't fulfill the will of God with your own will intact. What is the motive for which you want the supernatural?. If your motive is wrong, the Lord won't grant you access to spiritual realities. Is your desire to become another superman?. Do you want it so everyone can bow at your feet?. The reason God wants to show us His glory is so we can bring Him glory.
I had been praying with a brother for two days for the HolySpirit baptism with the evidence of speaking with tongues, he couldn't receive it. I was asking the Lord what the problem was and the Lord said, 'his motive'. His motive was set right and on the spot he began to speak with tongues. Experiencing the supernatural life is not for competition. It is for Kingdom advancement.

Stay in the Word
We are to test every spirits(1John 4:1). Apart from the means of spiritual discernment (Hebrews 5:14) which defers in degree in terms of spiritual sensitivity for each believer according to levels of spiritual maturity, another way to test spirits, infact the surest way, is by the Word of God. Don't accept every manifestation or encounters to be from God. Not all supernatural occurrences are from the Lord.
In line with this, I'll like to warn that we be careful the kind of atmospheres we come into as we hunger for the supernatural. The anchor scripture suggests that such atmospheres possess the capacity to defile us. There is a need for believers to be grounded and sound in God's word so that when we come into certain atmosphere, we can judge if it is God or not. As we manifest the supernatural, it is safe we stay within the confines of scriptures. Extremism have always quenched the move of the Spirit, introducing something that was never God . As we are clothed with the spirit of humility as well as armed with the sound understanding of God and His word, we are in safe zone.
The supernatural world is all around us, let's be careful what we read, what we hear, where we go, who imparts us. Not everything supernatural is God.

I once knew a brother who lived around us in Lagos, who ran mad in the middle of the night. They had prayed for him, all to no avail. He was even quoting scriptures in that condition. All through the incident, I never visited him. I was making supplication for him and I saw in a vision where he was reading magical books. I immediately knew that was where the problem was coming from. He had opened himself up to something that was not the Spirit of God. In his calm state, I confronted him with what I saw and he confirmed it was true. He had been browsing magical sites and secretly learning magical spells. Be careful what you browse!. Let your zeal be guided by correct knowledge.
I have been privileged to counsel people who began manifesting certain negative traits because someone laid hands on them or because they pertook in a negative impartation. They were opened up to something that was not the Spirit of God. I can recount many testimonies in this line but for time and space.
Let the word of God dwell in you richly and stay within the confines of the word of God.
Nothing is more supernatural than God!.

(1) (Reply)

There Are No Devil, Demons Nor Enemies. / What Must I Do To Be Saved? See Apostle Paul’s Answer To The Jailer / Generational Curses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.